2009 starting QB

i really think it's going to be Zach Lee he's a bit more mobile than Witt (and can hopefully hang on to the ball) Spano i think is a out side chance along with Cody Green, i like Green and he is enrolled in Classes for the winter semester at NU to get an early jump on our offense but but he's still a freshman and should be given a year, or even a red shirt maybe, to completely grasp everything we do on offense.

My only hope is that Bo plans for the future and doesn't roll the dice on a green (Cody Green) recruit. We've seen too many examples of hype destroying athletes once they get here. If Cody needs a year or two (or even three) to develop into a NC caliber QB, so be it. That said, if he is the Athlete of athletes, start him. Let the chips fall where they may.

The fact of the matter is we have three talented QBs in the cupboard right now. My hope is that of the ones that are LIKELY to start, the most mobile one also happens to be the best one. With our receiving corps losing our two main threats, it will be nice to have a scrambler in the backfield just in case. Witt's in-game performances so far have been very unimpressive. Happy feet mixed with poor ball security is not a good combination. Hopefully another offseason will make him better with that.

I tend to want to put my money on Lee and here is why.

From what I have read, Lee is a bit more mobile (please correct me if I am wrong) which fits perfectly into Watson's scheme. You need to have a fast quarterback to help sell the zone read. Second, Lee has more starting experience than any of them considering he is a transfer from a JUCO program. Granted, it's Juco, but starting experience is starting experience.

Witt, however, seems to have more qualities of a starting quarterback. As the roster shows from the beginning of the season, Witt is 225 lbs. and 6'4". He is built like a starting quarterback. Witt is also very agile as you can see from his touchdown run against Oklahoma.

Idk. My money is on Lee but I think Witt might get it. The biggest problem with Witt is that he seems a bit jittery in the pocket and hasn't really impressed anybody when he has been put in. Granted, our games this year didn't have a whole lot of opportunity for younger players to get playing time and coming in to start is probably pretty nerve-wracking and intense once the starter goes down/out, but still.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

What's funny is the lack of respect Spano gets in all of this. Spano is one stud QB. I live in Texas and follow Stephenville and I can tell you this kid is fast and has a gun. I think just because he's a redshirt and he's white, everyone assumes he's 4th down the list.

If you watched Stephenville High School football much, you'd know that Spano is one tough nut.

Don't count him out.

What's funny is the lack of respect Spano gets in all of this. Spano is one stud QB. I live in Texas and follow Stephenville and I can tell you this kid is fast and has a gun. I think just because he's a redshirt and he's white, everyone assumes he's 4th down the list.

If you watched Stephenville High School football much, you'd know that Spano is one tough nut.

Don't count him out.

What?? Because he is white?? Time to get a few things straight. Cody Green is the only black quarterback on the depth chart, behind Witt, Lee, and Spano.

Most starting quarterbacks in College Football are white. Just look at the Big 12. Robert Griffin of Baylor is the only black quarterback, and you could count Sam Bradford as not Caucasian because I believe he is Indian. Josh Freeman doesn't count anymore because he is going to the NFL, and the Iowa State quarterback situation is a giant toss-up with no real starter.

Spano isn't getting attention because he's a young guy and less experienced than the rest.

Yeah, he was tearing up the Scout team, but it's the Scout team. People constantly talk about how great Spano is and how he will have a shot next year, but the coaches have admittedly said the battle will most likely come down to Witt and Lee. When asked about Spano, all they say is that he did a great job on Scout team and has potential. If Spano were a serious threat, they would say he was.

I'm not getting angry at you BuzzardBilly, but calling out a form of racism isn't very smart on HuskerBoard, considering most of us don't believe in the "it's cause I'm black" or "it's cause I'm white" bs. After all, Nebraska just shot down affirmative action, so we're not fans of special treatment or mistreatment based on race.