Boston College sucks!!

Yea that was pretty shady of them. Boston College does suck. But in terms of stealing, I really doubt anyone. Sorry

:hmmph

It was actually a matter of a head coach violating his contract. He knew what would happen, and did it anyway. Neither side has done anything awful, it just should not be surprising that both chose to do what they did.

Yea that was pretty shady of them. Boston College does suck. But in terms of stealing, I really doubt anyone. Sorry

It was actually a matter of a head coach violating his contract. He knew what would happen, and did it anyway. Neither side has done anything awful, it just should not be surprising that both chose to do what they did.

Actually, nobody knows if anything was in his contract or not because it's not a public record. What the media has reported is that the AD told him not to interview for the Jets job, and that there would be consequences if he did.

Actually, nobody knows if anything was in his contract or not because it's not a public record. What the media has reported is that the AD told him not to interview for the Jets job, and that there would be consequences if he did.

What also is fact is that he was fired without cause, meaning he gets paid. If the "loyalty clause" was truly written in the contract he would have been fired with cause. What several reports indicated is that it was a verbal loyalty agreement between the AD and coach, verbal agreements are hard to uphold in court.

What are you talking about? GREAT decision by BC. If their coach isn't going to honor their agreement (to wait three years before interviewing with the NFL), they should can his ass. Coaches have all the leverage nowadays.

I wish more schools did this. They have their own interests to protect and shouldn't have to worry about a coach looking over his shoulder each year.

Good for BC.

What also is fact is that he was fired without cause, meaning he gets paid. If the "loyalty clause" was truly written in the contract he would have been fired with cause. What several reports indicated is that it was a verbal loyalty agreement between the AD and coach, verbal agreements are hard to uphold in court.

Not necessarily.