Vote for next years quarterback

Vote for next years quarterback  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I vote for Tim Tebow or Zac Lee whichever one is fine with me.

if tebow even was close to playing for the huskers, my card gets torn up, i can't stand that jerk off i wish someone would have rolled his ankle or taken his eye as a gift to everyone who hates florida.

:hmmph Why not just tell us how you really feel about Tebow? I am sensing a little animosity here...

:yeah I can understand not likeing Florida, but how do you not like a guy like Tebow. Does it offend you that he talks about Jesus? Somehow I bet your feelings would be different if he played for the Huskers.

Everyone loves to hate a media darling, which Tebow is... but really with all the charity/mission work he has done and does not get in trouble, you can't say he is a bad kid, but i still hate Florida and he plays for them, so I can see where most of the hatred comes from. :)

Well who ever it is, I want them to be able to come in and start, and know that the following season they will be the starter. We need more consistency. We need leadership, and when a kid don't know if he is the guy or not, it makes it kind of hard for him to take that leadership role.

My thoughts too, but instead of a 2 year qb, lets shoot for more consistency in a 4 year qb.

Okay. Then let's start the kid that is most ready this year, RS Green, and prepare him to be a 4-year starter.. if he proves he earns the job.

I would be okay with that. The only issue I see is that I can't imagine after having a QB for a year a coach (even bo almighty) would switch that position on a team when that QB isn't a senior.

I want Green or Spano - I am tired of having 1 year QB's...it is time we brought someone in and let him stay, rather than changing QB's every year.

Well looking at the QB's on the roster, they are all Jr.'s or younger so I would guess whomever wins should get a shot to play 2-3 years at least. That is provided they don't get beat out later on, which is entirely possible with the talent on the roster and Bo's edict that the best players play.

I would be okay with that. The only issue I see is that I can't imagine after having a QB for a year a coach (even bo almighty) would switch that position on a team when that QB isn't a senior.

Boeckman took OSU to the National Championship game in 2007 and lost his starting job the next year to TP. Plenty of people thought Florida should have been starting Timbow that year instead of Chris Leak.

With all these pronouncements about Cody Green etc. what happens if Nebraska signs some sick QB for 2010 or 2011 that has to see the field? Whoever gives the team the best chance of winning should be playing. And Nebraska will continue to try to recruit the best QB they can each year as in football you never know what'll happen.

The thing I would mention when projecting a new QB is looking at the depth chart around them, and one thing really sticks out.

Roy Helu

Quentin Castiille

Niles Paul

Mike McNeil

Dreu Young

Mike Smith

Keith Williams

Javario Burkes

What do all these guys have in common? 2 things.

First they figure to be integral parts of the offense in the next couple years and include both top halfbacks, both top tightends, a top wideout and 3/5 of the projected starting offensive line.

Second they are ALL Juniors in 2009, that means following the 2010 season all of them will have to be replaced. That is a significant portion of the offense to replace at one time.

NOW, throw in the current potential QB's into the eqation. Zac Lee is also a Junior in 2009, so if he gets the job not only are we replacing pretty much the entire offense around the QB in 2011, we are replacing the QB as well. Do we really want a new QB coming in with pretty much an entire new offensive unit around him?

If Patrick Witt gets the job then even though we are replacing most of the offensive talent in 2011, at least we will have a senior quarterback coming back to lead them while they get acclimated to starting roles, expecially while the offensive line gels as a unit.

That also projects us to have Cody Green as a red shirt junior come in with an experienced line and hopefully seasoned halfbacks and wide outs in 2012.

I know you can't base personnel decisions entirely on projections, but to me though Lee could possibly be the best choice for next season (and it's still debatable at this point), Witt is clearly the best choice for the future.

I know you can't base personnel decisions entirely on projections, but to me though Lee could possibly be the best choice for next season (and it's still debatable at this point), Witt is clearly the best choice for the future.

You can't even say that until after next year. How do you know that, based on who won't be here in 2 years? How do you know that Spano and/or Green are not a lot better than Witt. I don't care if Witt will be a Senior that year or not, the best player plays period. Trying to base a QB 2 years in the future based on who won't be here doesn't make sense. How about the players that will be here? Cooper, Marlowe (both of whom are supposed to be tearing it up in practice), Osborne, Bell, Gilleylen, as well as anyone we bring in for next year's recruiting class. How about Burkhead? Also looking at the O-Line depth you can say the same thing, there are a lot of good talented players coming in or on the roster that will be ready to step in. You want the best talent on the field period.