Vote for next years quarterback

Vote for next years quarterback  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the choice is fairly obvious, now that that Suh has decided to stay for his senior year...

ESPN guy "K-State sends the house on a blitz! Whoa all five defenders bounce harmlessly off the Husker QB, who then effortlessly sends a dart down field to Gwenodoum . . .Gandoggen . . . Gandoff . . . um the receiver who has dropped 14 passes this year. No problem . . . the ball is wedged into his facemask. Another touchdown pass for the future Heisman winner, over-all number one draft choice of the KC Chiefs and because he stayed in school, solver of global warming, Ndan . . . Ndondi . . . "House of Spears" Suuuuuuhnami

I voted for Jim Ebke cause I thought no one else would ;) , but I'm pretty sure Witt is the starter. Lee just does not get it yet.

Same here, plus he went to my HS (although MAAAANY years difference)

Right on, go Spartans. I also coached his little sister in swimming years ago. He swam a little in the summer himself, really nice kid. I vote for Witt, because he has alot better wheels than I thought, and he is very smart.

I think the choice is fairly obvious, now that that Suh has decided to stay for his senior year...

ESPN guy "K-State sends the house on a blitz! Whoa all five defenders bounce harmlessly off the Husker QB, who then effortlessly sends a dart down field to Gwenodoum . . .Gandoggen . . . Gandoff . . . um the receiver who has dropped 14 passes this year. No problem . . . the ball is wedged into his facemask. Another touchdown pass for the future Heisman winner, over-all number one draft choice of the KC Chiefs and because he stayed in school, solver of global warming, Ndan . . . Ndondi . . . "House of Spears" Suuuuuuhnami

:clap:clap:clap

I vote Lee, even though we haven't seen him as much as Witt. Witt has a nasty fumbling habit.

Kind of like a fan favorite MVP. <_< Though if your basing it off the Clemson game it was ruled not a fumble with both knee on the ground.

I think he fumbled in every game in which he saw action this season.

Well who ever it is, I want them to be able to come in and start, and know that the following season they will be the starter. We need more consistency. We need leadership, and when a kid don't know if he is the guy or not, it makes it kind of hard for him to take that leadership role. There is something to be said for what confidence can do for a QB. And knowing that you are the guy that is going to get the ball gives you that confidence.

Well who ever it is, I want them to be able to come in and start, and know that the following season they will be the starter. We need more consistency. We need leadership, and when a kid don't know if he is the guy or not, it makes it kind of hard for him to take that leadership role.

My thoughts too, but instead of a 2 year qb, lets shoot for more consistency in a 4 year qb.

We are blessed enough to have this problem I guess. I hope they use the competition to better themselves both as leaders and as athletes.

I read in the OWH this morning in a quote by Pelini saying that the expectations of Green by some people just aren't realistic. I have to agree though. Does he have the talent to surprise everyone, probably, but I am betting he will redshirt.

The biggest thing IMO is, where are they going to go with the offense? Are they going to leave things the way they are which I don't think they will. Or are they going to change to more of the power run and then pass offense and utilize the tight ends even more or are they going to more of the spread? which I hope not.

It is hard to make a good guess or educated without knowing the whole story.

Well who ever it is, I want them to be able to come in and start, and know that the following season they will be the starter. We need more consistency. We need leadership, and when a kid don't know if he is the guy or not, it makes it kind of hard for him to take that leadership role.

My thoughts too, but instead of a 2 year qb, lets shoot for more consistency in a 4 year qb.

Okay. Then let's start the kid that is most ready this year, RS Green, and prepare him to be a 4-year starter.. if he proves he earns the job.

WHO SHOULD START????

SIMPLE!!!

THE STARTER WILL BE THE PLAYER THAT THE COACHING STAFF PICKS. THE COACHES WATCH EVERY REP IN SPRING AND FALL. THEY WILL KNOW ALL THE PLAYERS STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES. THEY WILL KNOW WHO HAS CHEMISTRY WITH THEIR TEAMATES. THEY WILL KNOW WHO HAS THE UNMEASUREABLE INTGANGIBLES.

I think the beginning thread questions should have been "Who do you think will start" not "Who should"

What the hell do any of us really know?

Well who ever it is, I want them to be able to come in and start, and know that the following season they will be the starter. We need more consistency. We need leadership, and when a kid don't know if he is the guy or not, it makes it kind of hard for him to take that leadership role. There is something to be said for what confidence can do for a QB. And knowing that you are the guy that is going to get the ball gives you that confidence.

I agree to a point. I just don't think any starter's job should be a guarantee, it has got to be earned..every spring, every practice and every game. All that being said, my vote goes to Pelini and his staff....they've been pretty good at judging talent so far.