Gator Bowl Story

I'm sure all of the Clemson fans that still lurk here will appreciate this story. I didn't know my wife went to tigerboard to do this either but what a response she got.

$2 Bill with Clemson Tiger Paw [12]

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 1:51 PM Report Abuse

Rate:

I hope you don't mind me using your Tigerboard to make a personal request... My husband and I are Husker fans and we attended the Gator Bowl. I'd like to first say how impressed I was with Clemson fans. Whether we were walking down the street, eating somewhere, tailgating in the parking lot and even at the game, every single Clemson fan we came into contact with was friendly and polite. We travel to football games frequently and I've never met such classy fans. I hope any of you who attended the game found Husker fans to be the same... okay so on with my request...

We were at the game and my husband ordered a beer. The vendor game him back a $2 bill that had a giant orange tiger paw print stamped on it. The vendor apologized that it was all he had. My husband told him that was fine, that if the Huskers won he'd keep it. If the huskers lost he'd spend it. Flash forward to the next morning, our cab did not show up to take us to the airport. We make frantic calls and finally get a cab only to have 30 minutes until our flight leaves. We rush to the airport, my husband pays the cabby while I am checking our bag with the sky cap. Once we are both done, we realize that neither one of us has any cash to tip the sky cap- only that $2 bill from the game.

My husband doesn't hesitate to hand the bill over and we walk inside. He never said anything but I know he was dissappointed to turn over the bill.

I'm not sure if it's something that is common for your to stamp the paw print on $2 bills, but we thought it was pretty cool.

SO, if there is anyone out there who would be able to mail me a $2 bill with a giant orange Clemson paw on it I would be forever appreciative. If not, we'll always have the story.

I will close with this: as impressed as I was with all of the Clemson fans that I interacted with, you will always have a Husker fan who cheers against Unv of South Carolina. As a Clemson fan told us: any day when USC loses is a good day for Clemson.

We got 4 2 dollar bills in the mail so my wife posted back thanks but that is plenty. All the clemson fans that responded did it with class and were willing to help.

:cheers:cheers

I see the next ponzi scheme brewing. :lol:

Wouldn't have expected anything less from the classy Clemson fans. I'm guessing you could have been a millionaire if you wouldn't have put out the cease request. Great to see great sportsmanship is still alive in college football.

Not a bad idea to make some mad bank

Clemson fans are class acts, at least the 30,000 of so we sat with. We sat in section 215 on the Clemson side. It was the first time my two daughters (9 and 5) had seen Nebraska play in person (we live in TN). I was more than a little worried what the experience might be like for them (what they might hear said), but the Clemson fans around us were GREEATT!

We arrived at our seats about a hour before kickoff and was greeted with a comment... "Well, there goes the neighborhood", said in jest. A good conversation followed from there. One Clemson fan gave each of my girls a $2 bill and told them the story behind it. Another Clemson fan told them... "You girls back your team!" At halftime, another Clemson fan brought back a box of popcorn for the girls. Still another fan at the beginning of the 3rd quarter gave us some tickets he couldn't get rid of that were on the Nebraska side. We then had a decision to make, did we want to move?. Even though we were losing at the time, we decided to stay put. My wife commented... "we might be better off on the Clemson side if Nebraska loses."

Thank you Clemson for a memorable Gator Bowl for me and my family!

Special Request from Husker Fans - If anyone can send me a $100 bill with a red "N" stamped on it, I would be forever grateful. I know we have some really cool fans, that wouldn't mind helping a fellow Husker out, since they are the "Greatest Fans in America". :horns2

PM me and I will send you my address...since I am sure it would be against the rules to put it on here for everyone to see...(besides, you just know there would be one or two CU fans that would send me a buffalo chip...) :bs:

Clemson fans are class acts, at least the 30,000 of so we sat with. We sat in section 215 on the Clemson side. It was the first time my two daughters (9 and 5) had seen Nebraska play in person (we live in TN). I was more than a little worried what the experience might be like for them (what they might hear said), but the Clemson fans around us were GREEATT!

We arrived at our seats about a hour before kickoff and was greeted with a comment... "Well, there goes the neighborhood", said in jest. A good conversation followed from there. One Clemson fan gave each of my girls a $2 bill and told them the story behind it. Another Clemson fan told them... "You girls back your team!" At halftime, another Clemson fan brought back a box of popcorn for the girls. Still another fan at the beginning of the 3rd quarter gave us some tickets he couldn't get rid of that were on the Nebraska side. We then had a decision to make, did we want to move?. Even though we were losing at the time, we decided to stay put. My wife commented... "we might be better off on the Clemson side if Nebraska loses."

Thank you Clemson for a memorable Gator Bowl for me and my family!

:clap This is how I HOPE other fans view us Nebraska fans...the Clemson fans that I have had the pleasure to come in contact with, mostly on this board, have been very classy...(BTW...if they want to send me $100 bills with Tiger Paws on them, I surely wouldn't be offended...) :)

If you really want to confuse someone buy a pad of $2 bills. I've used these before - really makes for interesting conversation. I've gotten at my bank (you have to order in advance). No one believes they're real. Stamp your orange paw on these - talk about making an impression. Here is a link to an online company. I would guess most banks will do this.

http://www.moneypads.com/products.html