how good is baker steinkuler as a DT?

shagg

If he doesn't make an impact this year on the d-line I wonder what the chances are that he'll be moved back to the oline? I know our depth is way better on the oline but if the kid is a natural o-lineman it would be too bad to waste his talents on the d.

Got to trust the coaches. Just a very talented young man who is looking to be the anchor of the D line when Suh leaves.

IMHO, regardless where they think they need him, he should be playing his natural position where he is at his best......

If need was totally out of the equation I don't know if he'd be at DT. Maybe I'm wrong but given that quality DT's are hard to find, our lack of depth at that position as compared to OT, and his performance at that All-Star game I think they figured they just figured they needed to try him at DT.

IMHO, regardless where they think they need him, he should be playing his natural position where he is at his best......

If need was totally out of the equation I don't know if he'd be at DT. Maybe I'm wrong but given that quality DT's are hard to find, our lack of depth at that position as compared to OT, and his performance at that All-Star game I think they figured they just figured they needed to try him at DT.

Yeah I think he is a natural at both positions. I really do not think this staff would put him in a position to fail. Also, I think maybe he also has a say in where he would like to play as well. If you want to be there you will put in all the effort it takes to learn and be better all around at that position. IDK Just a thought.

I'm confused by all this superman talk. I thought he wasn't developing as fast as the coaches would have liked, then he got injured. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost some muscle and speed. I bet he won't start next year.

Nah, Baker was scheduled to play this year as a true freshman. Coaches had every intention of getting him on the field. That alone should tell you where he was at considering how they redshirted dang near everyone this year.

But Baker got sick, not injured, lost weight and was in no shape to contribute. But not being physically at his peak he was giving our offensive line fits during bowl practices. That should speak volumes.

When Baker gets back into the 300lbs-310lbs range, he is gonna be a monster.

I'm confused by all this superman talk. I thought he wasn't developing as fast as the coaches would have liked, then he got injured. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost some muscle and speed. I bet he won't start next year.

Nah, Baker was scheduled to play this year as a true freshman. Coaches had every intention of getting him on the field. That alone should tell you where he was at considering how they redshirted dang near everyone this year.

But Baker got sick, not injured, lost weight and was in no shape to contribute. But not being physically at his peak he was giving our offensive line fits during bowl practices. That should speak volumes.

That is exciting to hear. I would be shocked if is not 300-310 right now, if he has been healthy for a while. He was 290 comming in right?

That is exciting to hear. I would be shocked if is not 300-310 right now, if he has been healthy for a while. He was 290 comming in right?

IIRC, he came in about 280 or 285.

I've got little doubt the kid is gonna look like a tank though once Dobson is done with him.

Get him playing both ways!!!!!

I don't think so my friend. The days of playing both sides of the ball are long gone. But I would love to have about 10 more players of this young mans talent, that is for sure.

Suh and Steinkuhler lead blocking for Castille on goaline stands, it will be a thing of beauty.