Do you Huskers hate ND as much as I do?

i dont know if i hate ND, i think its more the annoying media that continues to inflate them because they are a cash cow. so by proxy, i guess dislike their wealthy lemming-like fanbase.

i respect their program and tradition, and loved it when we played a home-n-home with them. i do like seeing charlie weis fail. there is just something about that guy that irritates me everytime i see his fat mug. the way he explains things occasionally reminds me of billy c

I don't know if I hate ND, but I'll tell you what upsets me. They lost to Syracuse, one of the worst teams in the nation this past year, and lost to plenty of other teams they shouldn't have and only beat the weaker teams. They then go to the Hawaii Bowl and beat a bad Hawaii team by 3 or 4 touchdowns and had one of their most complete games of the season. Despite all their embarrassing losses and their "good" showing against a bad Hawaii team, some people are now putting them in the pre-season top 25. Seriously, that's ridiculous. Nebraska went 9-4 and beat Clemson, ND went like 7-5 or something like that and lost to some bad teams. They deserve to be in the top 25 because of that and we don't?

It's like if USC ever lost it's touch and had down years, the media would have a hay day talking about it all the time and mourning the loss. They would also find any excuse to keep trying to fight USC back into the top 25. It's a giant love fest and I hate it.

I was listening to a local sports show in Sioux City yesterday, and a dude called in and said: "There are two types of college football fans.....Notre Dame fans and people that wish they were Notre Dame fans."

I threw up in my mouth a little bit when I heard that.

Yeah those Notre Dame fans sure are great. They never sell more than half of their tickets to an opposing team's fans, practically turning it into the opposing teams home field.

I agree with you guys. I do not like Notre Dame, but I think they are good for college football.

They are in a position different from any other team in the NCAA. They aren't shielded by a conference, yet they have the tradition to pull it off. When they are good everyone curses them beyond reproach. When they are bad every celebrates that atleast they aren't Notre Dame. There is no one else in College football that is as hated at by as large a number of people at one time and for the duration of time that Notre Dame has been hated. (Texas, Oklahoma are, but not by the rest of the country. USC is probably close to this)

I dislike Notre Dame more as much as anyone and the undeserved love they get year in and year out (that is why they are hated, in my opinion). But i think they are good for college football in that they add to the season if they are on your schedule, and everyone in the nation cares about them. Whether in Hatred or in love.

The thing that gets to me is how most of the media would give their left nut before they dogged on ND. They can lose and it takes forever for them to drop in the polls. let them win a couple and they are right back where they lkeft off at. ANY other team in the country except maybe usc has to earn their spot every week.

Screw em

Hate? Yes! They have all the money in the world to support their football team. They have all the national media drewling over them. They can get almost any athlete they want. Any coach would love to coach there. My jealousy leads to hate. In my opinion there is nothing worse than watching/listening to Lou Holtz go on and on about how good ND is even though they have losing seasons. My God. Ok, I better stop typing - my hands are trembling and my heart is pounding. Hate? Damn straight!

In my opinion there is nothing worse than watching/listening to Lou Holtz go on and on about how good ND is even though they have losing seasons.

Even worse, try hearing him talk like this about South Carolina. He thinks that both ND & SC are great because he coached there.

From what I understand Holtz is a pretty good guy. Just misguided. I thought announcers were supposed to be somewhat unbiased (or at least pretend to be).