Anyone realize we can have 3 4 star Lb

dee_s3

The word on Washington is that he struggles in the open field with tackling...and he isnt as aggresive as the coaches want

I heard that same rumor. Perplexing knowing that he's Fabian's cousin. You'd think Fabian would rattle Latravis' noggin a little bit and talk some sense into him. Fabian is a little guy for the Ravens, 185, but he's still a pretty tough tackler as a true cover corner for Baltimore. He was a tough guy here at NU too.

Maybe Latravis needs to red shirt next season to get with the program and if need be, switch to D-End where his speed and athleticm would be a welcome site on the D-line for the 2010, 2011 seasons. Heard he has the prototypical NFL body but plays like Jane deal. Hate to say that. Just the opposite of Lawrence.

Defense will win us championships. If we can have just a consist offense that puts up 30 or so points a game and have a strong, fast, and powerful defense, we will go places. Oklahoma thought they could do it with offense, and the team that scored 60+ all year couldn't even score 20 against a great defense.

Defense will win us championships. If we can have just a consist offense that puts up 30 or so points a game and have a strong, fast, and powerful defense, we will go places. Oklahoma thought they could do it with offense, and the team that scored 60+ all year couldn't even score 20 against a great defense.

I agree. The Big 12 has gone soft on defense, and we could vault to the very top of this conference with a great defense. I will be shocked if we don't win the North next year, and I would not be surprised if we win the Big 12 title game next year.

The word on Washington is that he struggles in the open field with tackling...and he isnt as aggresive as the coaches want

I heard that same rumor. Perplexing knowing that he's Fabian's cousin. You'd think Fabian would rattle Latravis' noggin a little bit and talk some sense into him. Fabian is a little guy for the Ravens, 185, but he's still a pretty tough tackler as a true cover corner for Baltimore. He was a tough guy here at NU too.

Maybe Latravis needs to red shirt next season to get with the program and if need be, switch to D-End where his speed and athleticm would be a welcome site on the D-line for the 2010, 2011 seasons. Heard he has the prototypical NFL body but plays like Jane deal. Hate to say that. Just the opposite of Lawrence.

It doesn't bode well for Latravis that we had still-too-skinny Blake Lawrence and two walk-ons as our LB's late in the season while he was riding pine. Ya I'd say he needs to shirt and try his hand at DE.

I agree. The Big 12 has gone soft on defense, and we could vault to the very top of this conference with a great defense. I will be shocked if we don't win the North next year, and I would not be surprised if we win the Big 12 title game next year.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we have the top D in the Big 12 this fall. So much of the team's success though will hinge on what the new QB can do. Otherwise, it will be a lot like 2003...good defense but an O that couldn't move the ball against a defense with a pulse.