QB Tyler Gabbert

Talked to gabbert today and he said he would be glad to come back to nebraska and play his college ball in lincoln.

You've got to be sh#*&ng me. Provided this is true, I can't imagine the coaches would bother. Especially now that he wants to be a Husker again. How many times can you waffle before you forget what sport you play to begin with?

Bet it sucks to be behind the Gabberts in a drive thru.

Talked to gabbert today and he said he would be glad to come back to nebraska and play his college ball in lincoln.

You've got to be sh#*&ng me. Provided this is true, I can't imagine the coaches would bother. Especially now that he wants to be a Husker again. How many times can you waffle before you forget what sport you play to begin with?

:)

I think the original poster was just kidding. We basically pulled this kid's offer. He isnt going to get anymore consideration.

:facepalm:

:)

I think the original poster was just kidding. We basically pulled this kid's offer. He isnt going to get anymore consideration.

That's what I thought. Although nothing would surprise me with Little Gab at this point.

Joke from the OWH today...it was directed at Blaine, but this is a good place to post.

Navy manhandled Missouri 35-13 in the Texas Bowl mostly because Blaine Gabbert was dazed after learning right before the game that the Midshipmen make a five-year commitment to the Navy after graduation. “You mean five months, right?”

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not interested in trashing this kid since it's dedhoarse

But fwiw, I came across a post at HI and thought it was post-worthy for the stats alone. Not sure if the kid was injured this year or if there's a typo in his stats, but those numbers seem pretty low for a :star :star :star :star Rivals & Scout player, don't they? :dunno

MU football recruits on campus

Three newcomers to the Missouri football program, including two quarterbacks, began classes yesterday and will be eligible to participate in spring practices. Fresh out of high school, quarterbacks Tyler Gabbert and James Franklin and receiver/tight end Eric Waters have enrolled at MU a semester early, team spokesman Chad Moller confirmed yesterday.

Parkway West's Gabbert is the younger brother of MU junior-to-be and returning starting quarterback Blaine Gabbert. Like his older brother, Gabbert originally committed to Nebraska but changed his mind during the recruiting process. In 10 games last fall, Tyler Gabbert completed 109 of 229 passes for 1,148 yards, eight touchdowns and four interceptions. He also ran for 188 yards and two scores.

But fwiw, I came across a post at HI and thought it was post-worthy for the stats alone. Not sure if the kid was injured this year or if there's a typo in his stats, but those numbers seem pretty low for a :star :star :star :star Rivals & Scout player, don't they? :dunno

Three newcomers to the Missouri football program, including two quarterbacks, began classes yesterday and will be eligible to participate in spring practices. Fresh out of high school, quarterbacks Tyler Gabbert and James Franklin and receiver/tight end Eric Waters have enrolled at MU a semester early, team spokesman Chad Moller confirmed yesterday.

Parkway West's Gabbert is the younger brother of MU junior-to-be and returning starting quarterback Blaine Gabbert. Like his older brother, Gabbert originally committed to Nebraska but changed his mind during the recruiting process. In 10 games last fall, Tyler Gabbert completed 109 of 229 passes for 1,148 yards, eight touchdowns and four interceptions. He also ran for 188 yards and two scores.

I'm tired of this topic as well, but I'll respond since this is something I've wondered all season long.

It's no typo. I live in St. Louis and was bringing this up to both Husker fans and locals during the season when I would read his horrible stats in the papers (back when he was committed to NU). People kept telling me basically that Parkway West is a terrible football team and that's why his stats were so bad. I have no idea if that's true since I've only lived here for a few years, but everyone was claiming that he is much better than his stats suggest. I guess we'll see (if he is able to see any game action at Mizzou during his career).

I'm tired of this topic as well, but I'll respond since this is something I've wondered all season long.

It's no typo. I live in St. Louis and was bringing this up to both Husker fans and locals during the season when I would read his horrible stats in the papers (back when he was committed to NU). People kept telling me basically that Parkway West is a terrible football team and that's why his stats were so bad. I have no idea if that's true since I've only lived here for a few years, but everyone was claiming that he is much better than his stats suggest. I guess we'll see (if he is able to see any game action at Mizzou during his career).

Interesting. I'm not sure what else to make of it? Take Jamal Turner for example, he plays for a team that went 3-7 two years in a row, plus he plays in the largest division in Texas and is still able to put up 2,000+ passing yards in 10 games.

I'm glad Tyler decommitted. He's listed as a pro-style QB. I usually prefer dual-threat QB's myself.

Really, how can you possibly draw any of those conclusions?

It's based on one thing and one thing only: the fact that he decommitted from Nebraska.

Not a fan of Tyler's handling of this, but Blaine didn't put up great stats either - doesn't stop him from being an elite prospect today. And guys that put up video game numbers in HS? Doesn't stop them from not even having great potential.

• 1 year later...

I realize that a few posts back the desire was to let this thread die.

Humbly submitted, the decommittment of Tyler from Mizzou brings up the thought of what QB recruits we would have missed out on had Tyler hung around longer as a commit to the Huskers.

Wouldn't we have missed out on Carnes? Just trying to recall. If so ... man oh man, I'm so glad we got Carnes.

SheepdogMark