QB Tyler Gabbert

I sure as hell hope the Gabbert's don't have any more sons. I can't go through this crap anymore.

At least we can look forward to pummeling a Gabbert for the next 5 years. Family has 0 class.

How do you know they family has 0 class. The only reason Blaine decommitted was because our coach was fired and he thought watson was going to be gone. Tyler has not decommitted yet just because there is rumors out there about it doesnt make them true. If he does decommitt it will because Watson has told him that he will not be here the whole time he is here. Watson is the reason he is coming here and if you know your position coach is gone why would you still want to come to the school? I love husker football but I really hate it when people speak about other people with out knowing what they are talking about.

I was trying to give this family the benefit of the doubt, but I'll tell you why they have no class. After all we went through with Blaine, if I am that kid's dad I make damn sure Tyler is solid to NU before committing. An actual classy person would make certain there was no potential for a de-commit in this situation knowing the prior history. He didn't need to commit when he did, he could have waited to see how the season played out and see how our offense was doing. He always had MU in his back pocket and had no need to commit early. But instead he commits, wastes our time, and clogs up a QB recruit spot while other QB targets of ours go elsewhere. Then he jets as soon as his friend CC bails. It is really difficult to "keep it classy" when you are dealing with weasels like this. Good riddance.

From Husker Journal. Wow...lots can change in 48 hours... <_<

DECEMBER 7 2009. MESSAGE BOARDS

TYLER GABBERT, QB, 6-0, 200, BALLWIN (PARKWAY WEST), MISSOURI

Still A Husker

“I’m going to Nebraska I’m solid with them.” <_< Gabbert said, “I went to the Kansas State game it was awesome, the game was great. I met everyone on the staff, academics and I met the players on the team after the game. It was a real good visit.”

“My host was Mike Mc Neil we went to Blake Lawrence’s house and met some football guys over there. I got to know Chase Rome he’s a cool guy.” Gabbert said

Gabbert Bonds With NU Coach

“I met with Shawn Watson he’s my primary recruiter and spent a lot of time with him. We talked about the whole deal, the program and what he plans to do with me and everything. Watson is a top of line coach and one of the best offensive coordinators in the country.” Gabbert said

“We (Watson) talked about (it) a little bit but they know I’m coming to Nebraska. They don’t believe all that stuff on the internet.” Gabbert said about rumors on the internet about de-committing

:lol:

“My mom went with me to Nebraska she loved it too. She had a chance to hang out with the team.” Gabbert added

Prize Recruit Also Enjoyed NU Trip

“I talked to Owa (Odighizuwa) quite a bit he’s real nice. He definitely liked Nebraska. He told me everything was great at Nebraska.” Gabbert said

“I met with Coach Tom Osborne. He’s really up to date on everything. He checked on my season, we talked football and the program, just a great personal conversation.” Gabbert said

To be honest the more I think about it I am going to give him a pass on this one and here is why.

Watson told Tyler that "NU is going to go in a different direction offensively." Tyler is one of those kids that wants to sling the ball 40 times a game. That most definately wont be us in the future. Therefore he is going to go to a place that he will be able to sling it on every down like he wants to.

To be honest the more I think about it I am going to give him a pass on this one and here is why.

Watson told Tyler that "NU is going to go in a different direction offensively." Tyler is one of those kids that wants to sling the ball 40 times a game. That most definately wont be us in the future. Therefore he is going to go to a place that he will be able to sling it on every down like he wants to.

the quote i saw had tyler claiming watson told him NU was going in a different direction period. big difference. it sounds like bo pulled the kid's offer. whether or not he was still actually considering NU anyway is up for debate, but he certainly wasn't being honest about his commitment to NU and the coaches apparently had enough of it.

"Going in a different direction," could mean a number of things. It could mean "we dont want you anymore," it could mean "there will be some staff changes," it could mean "our offense isnt going to look anything like it has in the past." None of us were there so we are going to have to come to our own conclusions.

"Going in a different direction," could mean a number of things. It could mean "we dont want you anymore," it could mean "there will be some staff changes," it could mean "our offense isnt going to look anything like it has in the past." None of us were there so we are going to have to come to our own conclusions.

true, but i've heard that the scholarship was in fact pulled. believe what you will.

true, but i've heard that the scholarship was in fact pulled. believe what you will.

Wonder if the CC decomitt has anything to do with this??

Wonder if the CC decomitt has anything to do with this??

You could very well be right dylan.

CC just saw the writing on the wall that NU isnt going to use a slot reciever in the way that we are going. From everything that I have heard we wont need a kid with that particular set of skills in the offensive direction that we are going to go.

I was never sold on him being here next season myself, and said so earlier in his recruitment. I believe I said i'll believe it when he signs on the dotted line, until then he's just another Gabbert. I don't care where this kid goes, but I do hope we get a chance to level him a few times. You have to follow your heart, but at the same time if you don't think you'll be with Nebraska, then dont commit and take all of your visits. As it stands now, it's looking like the Gabbert boys don't have any form or morals and their word means jack squat. I understand Blaine because of the coaching change, but both blew smoke up our hind quarters and left. That alone shows that their word means close to nothing, screw that family.

I honostly think that we dropped Gabbert because we had someone else in mind. I just wish we would have waited until MU's class was full instead :D

I hope your right, because on the surface it sure makes BP and staff look VERY incompetent when it comes to recruiting offensive players.

It's usually the school who slow plays the kid, but around here it's the other way around.......

bo apparently pulled his offer when he got tired of the kid jerking us around. you would think we'd have learned from the older brother, but better late than never.

How did he jerk NU around? He committed months ago. What's he supposed to do, wear a hairshirt and crawl to Lincoln to show his faith?

Here's my opinion (and go ahead and bring it on):

1. A very poorly called offensive game.

2. The following day's article in the Omaha World Herald - DC yelling at the winning team over and over "You should be ashamed"... chants of "Cheaters".... Bo cussing out the Big 12 Commissioner. As soon as I read that I thought "That's gonna cost them some recruits".

As to your hypothesis, Tyler has said he was concerned about the offensive scheme and the state of the offense. Those are his reasons for switching. Not Bo’s attitude.

Onto my question. I get that he’s fiery and that is a turn off to some people, but it’s surprising the number of MU fans that express displeasure with Bo because of it. Occasionally a TTU fan will say they don’t like it. Occasionally a KU or OU fan will say it. But every single MU poster I’ve come across on the internet has said they don’t like it. Strange to me.

Why are MU fans so infatuated with Bo’s behavior?

I honostly think that we dropped Gabbert because we had someone else in mind. I just wish we would have waited until MU's class was full instead :D

I hope your right, because on the surface it sure makes BP and staff look VERY incompetent when it comes to recruiting offensive players.

It's usually the school who slow plays the kid, but around here it's the other way around.......

bo apparently pulled his offer when he got tired of the kid jerking us around. you would think we'd have learned from the older brother, but better late than never.

How did he jerk NU around? He committed months ago. What's he supposed to do, wear a hairshirt and crawl to Lincoln to show his faith?

Here's my opinion (and go ahead and bring it on):

1. A very poorly called offensive game.

2. The following day's article in the Omaha World Herald - DC yelling at the winning team over and over "You should be ashamed"... chants of "Cheaters".... Bo cussing out the Big 12 Commissioner. As soon as I read that I thought "That's gonna cost them some recruits".

As to your hypothesis, Tyler has said he was concerned about the offensive scheme and the state of the offense. Those are his reasons for switching. Not Bo’s attitude.

Onto my question. I get that he’s fiery and that is a turn off to some people, but it’s surprising the number of MU fans that express displeasure with Bo because of it. Occasionally a TTU fan will say they don’t like it. Occasionally a KU or OU fan will say it. But every single MU poster I’ve come across on the internet has said they don’t like it. Strange to me.

Why are MU fans so infatuated with Bo’s behavior?

I think the answer is easy......it's the only negative (as they say - I don't think it's one) they can find. What else can they talk smack about? They are just worried they will lose for another 30 years straight and the only thing their feeble minds can find is that Bo yells a lot.

I do wonder if it is because MU fans simply always complain about something when it comes to NU and Bo’s attitude makes for an easy target. I post on a few boards with posters from several teams, and on every single one the MU posters never want to give NU any credit or respect.

But I’m willing to give the Tiggers the benefit of the doubt. Maybe there is something of substance to it besides bias.

I post on a few boards with posters from several teams, and on every single one the MU posters never want to give NU any credit or respect.

What respect or credit do you think you deserve?

NU fans are constantly on Tigerboard flaming and everything else every chance they get. There are a few that are tolerable but for the most part the just want to jab. NU beat MU on the field fair and square this year and all the sudden that is license for Cornhuskers to lay out all the smack they want?

Where was the respect and credit of the past two years when MU laid it to the Huskers?

It works both ways. As for MU fan's opinion of Bo ... why do you care what they think? Does it offend you personally? Bo can handle himself.

I think a more fair question is why did this board talk up Tyler so highly since page one of this recruiting profile, and then when the slightest hint comes along that he no longer wants to play for NU, he is (insert any insult you'd like here), and the kid sucks. I mean really, for a fan base that always talks about being classy and the like, this certainly isn't an indication of it. Let's leave out the moral and ethical details of Tyler doing what he did, does that mean or justify the remarks left about him in just the last two days? I would think that being "classy" would mean taking the high road.

I hope for your sakes that many of your would be recruits and possible committs don't ever read this board, because I believe they would be truly disturbed about what so called fans of this program have to say about them.