QB Tyler Gabbert

I sure as hell hope the Gabbert's don't have any more sons. I can't go through this crap anymore.

At least we can look forward to pummeling a Gabbert for the next 5 years. Family has 0 class.

How do you know they family has 0 class. The only reason Blaine decommitted was because our coach was fired and he thought watson was going to be gone. Tyler has not decommitted yet just because there is rumors out there about it doesnt make them true. If he does decommitt it will because Watson has told him that he will not be here the whole time he is here. Watson is the reason he is coming here and if you know your position coach is gone why would you still want to come to the school? I love husker football but I really hate it when people speak about other people with out knowing what they are talking about.

no, bo pulled the 'ship when he got tired of this kid jerking us around.

add in the fact that he appears to have been recruiting against us and stringing us along, and i do have to wonder about the upbringing those kids received. i'm disappointed that we ever touched that family again after the first one screwed us over.

Okay, so basically you are saying that Cotton is like every other kids father out there, dorky but means well. Yeah, kids dont want to come play for someone that like that. Your post is a mess! Every staff needs the "dorky everyman", they need the young guy, they need the bible thumper, they need the intense guy, they need the super serious guy, they need the "I have been there too" guy, you know why? Becuase they are recruiting ALL THOSE TYPES OF KIDS.

Secondly, can we please get over this "Saban wanted Watson so bad" garbage, no, Saban wanted an OC that he could TOTALLY CONTROL. He, like all of us have found out, knew that Watson would run anything he wanted told him to, just like he did at CU (GB pretty much called and ran the offense) and just like he did at NU, with the exception of one year, a year where he had a very good stable of RB's, TE's, Senior WR's and a Senior QB that improvised on 75% of the pass routes.

Saban is a control freak and wanted an OC that he could tell EXACLTY what he wanted done.

You want to debate it, sure, knock yourself out, start a thread. Hell, first do me a favor and pull up all of Watsons stats as an OC, see if you still want to start a thread. I am not saying Watson is bad, its just that he is wishy-washy.

This whole post is full of .. :facepalm:

Again, you want to debate this, create another thread and I will GLADLY talk about this.

--

In any case, Gabbert is gone. We figured out what the smell was!

PM me, no one else wants to read what we talk about. I would be happy to read what you have to say, no matter if its wrong or right. Like I said, I have coached for 10 years, read lots of books and been to mayn high school and college clinics and practices. Maybe you have too, I dont know, I think maybe we could both learn from each other. I know I dont know everything there is to know about football.

In news that first broke on Rivals.com Tuesday night and was confirmed by multiple sources Wednesday morning, four-star quarterback Tyler Gabbert is back on the open market. And the Missouri Tigers will get first crack at the former Nebraska commitment.

Gabbert's official visit is set for this weekend.

Gabbert told HuskersIllustrated.com that he decommitted during a phone call to Nebraska offensive coordinator Shawn Watson on Tuesday.

"I called him on the phone," Gabbert said. "I went back and watched some games from the season and it wasn't what I anticipated it to be. I also was looking at some of the depth charts at numerous positions, and I felt like the offense wasn't [going] in the direction I'd like for it to be."

Gabbert said that Watson told him Nebraska was "moving on in a different direction."

As far as Gabbert's direction, he said, "that's the plan right now to visit Missouri officially."

Gabbert will be one of ten confirmed official visitors this weekend. While he has not named a favorite or eliminated any schools from his list, a source familiar with the situation told PowerMizzou.com that "it's only Missouri," for the quarterback.

In news that first broke on Rivals.com Tuesday night and was confirmed by multiple sources Wednesday morning, four-star quarterback Tyler Gabbert is back on the open market. And the Missouri Tigers will get first crack at the former Nebraska commitment.

Gabbert's official visit is set for this weekend.

Gabbert told HuskersIllustrated.com that he decommitted during a phone call to Nebraska offensive coordinator Shawn Watson on Tuesday.

"I called him on the phone," Gabbert said. "I went back and watched some games from the season and it wasn't what I anticipated it to be. I also was looking at some of the depth charts at numerous positions, and I felt like the offense wasn't [going] in the direction I'd like for it to be."

Gabbert said that Watson told him Nebraska was "moving on in a different direction."

As far as Gabbert's direction, he said, "that's the plan right now to visit Missouri officially."

Gabbert will be one of ten confirmed official visitors this weekend. While he has not named a favorite or eliminated any schools from his list, a source familiar with the situation told PowerMizzou.com that "it's only Missouri," for the quarterback.

i'm assuming watson's comment refers to NU moving on from gabbert, but i'm not sure i'd trust anything this kid says anymore anyway. just makes future wins over mizzou that much more enjoyable.

I don't know how to feel about this.

One, I HATE that he will probably go to Mizzou. I live in St. Louis and those on the stltoday boards are kind of obnoxious.

Second, I am curoious (though unconfirmed) about recruiting styles at NU. If it's true that we are telling kids to 'either sh#t or get off the pot' (totally stole that from an earlier poster), is that how we want to go about things? Of course, we can't really have kids stringing us along and then two days before signing day go, "I'm not coming there." What do we do then? I understand why. I don't know. I'm rambling...