QB Tyler Gabbert

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Nov 22 2009, 09:31 PM) 524774[/snapback]

Welcome aboard, Tyler! No hard feelings. Once a Husker, always a Husker.

Really? So you consider Gabbert and Freeman, and a host of others that de-committed, Huskers?

In his defense, those two were never really Huskers. Although, IMO, neither is Tyler until he signs on the dotted line.

Could be that it means Watson is not leaving for a HC job, if one came his way.

I doubt any Division I school offers Watson a job as a HC. Then again, Minnesota hired Kevin Cosgrove so I guess you never know

I read that Minnesota's head coach is gonna be on the hot seat next year. I would think it should be Cosgrove on the hot seat.

Could be that it means Watson is not leaving for a HC job, if one came his way.

I doubt any Division I school offers Watson a job as a HC. Then again, Minnesota hired Kevin Cosgrove so I guess you never know

I read that Minnesota's head coach is gonna be on the hot seat next year. I would think it should be Cosgrove on the hot seat.

brewsters on the hot seat? he really shouldn't be. glenn mason did a lot of damage, brewster got to a bowl game his second year, they need to cut him some slack.

Brewster sucks! If you are not from MN you have no idea how bad he really is. He has made several assistant coaching errors....Cosgrove, Dunbar is gone, etc... The team is just awful! If you thought that BC had annoying coach speak, you should listen to this guy.

He has taken of the best running games in the nation to being one of the worst. There are a number of season ticket holders that are not going to renew....after one year in the brand new stadium!

Being a high school coach here in the cities I just get sick to my stomach when I have to listen to him speak to potential recruits....it is all garbage and completely out of touch with reality.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Nov 22 2009, 10:31 PM) 524774[/snapback]

Welcome aboard, Tyler! No hard feelings. Once a Husker, always a Husker.

Really? So you consider Gabbert and Freeman, and a host of others that de-committed, Huskers?

I'm not sure if you're serious or joking, so I'll just assume you were serious. Of course I'm not saying anyone who ever expresses interest in NU or temporarily commits to NU are Huskers. That's pretty absurd. I'm saying that if Tyler's recruiting is over (which he claims is the case), then I'm welcoming him in just as much as anyone else in the class. I'm saying I'm not going to be like the little message board girls who get their feelings hurt when recruits are trying to figure out what's best for their career. I've heard many people say they won't cheer for him or welcome him if he signs with NU. I'm just saying that's stupid and frankly a little bitchy.

They actually passed on Bo to make the Brewster hire.

I always thought they should've kept Mason but got out the checkbook for a first-rate DC, and maybe a little recruiting help. Minn had a nasty rushhing-attack, pair that with a quality D and you'll win plenty of games.

:yeah

Back on topic, I think he sees the opportunity to come in and compete right away.

I would like to have Tyler on board. He has a great arm, without a doubt. One of the better arms in the country for this class. He isn't terribly slow, either. But with him saying the depth chart will be a big factor in his decision I am starting to worry about his "intangibles", if you know what I mean. I honestly think he made his commitment because he knew if Robinson committed, we would be done for the year and he would lose his spot.

I think it's time to stop doing the 1 qb per class rule. Even if Tyler sticks (right now I think he is seriously torn down the middle)

I don't think I can agree with this. I certainly don't want to take a kid as a recruit at QB who isn't up to the task talentwise just because we don't have any other QB prospects who want to commit. However, QB is arguable the most important position on the team and my opinion is that you should try to get one quality prospect at that spot every year. If you go a year without one so be it, but that should be the exception more than the rule. Just an opinion.

If Watson leaving was really the issue for Tyler, then I am not sure how being reassured that Wats would be around for 2010 really changes that. I mean it isn't a secret that Watson wants to be a HC again, he has said it in interviews himself. Seems to me that Gabbert needs to look at 2010 as a possible RS year so who is to say that Watson will stick around in 2011-2014 when Gabbert gets a shot to try and earn the starting job and run this version of the offense?

I don't think Watson is going anywhere for a while.

He certainly hasn’t increased his stock much with our performance this year. Plus, the only place I see offering him for the foreseeable future is a mid major. Understandable if he would prefer to be at a major program where he is basically left alone vs. taking on a HCing gig at a school like this.

I don't think Watson is going anywhere for a while.

He certainly hasn’t increased his stock much with our performance this year. Plus, the only place I see offering him for the foreseeable future is a mid major. Understandable if he would prefer to be at a major program where he is basically left alone vs. taking on a HCing gig at a school like this.

Agreed. But one of the things that occurred to me about Watson's current situation is that he has some opportunities to learn from the best in the business defensively, and also he gets some head coaching wisdom from Osborne. If I were him and no major opportunities were presenting themselves, I'd have to think that it's a pretty sweet gig. Even if my offense is blowing it, our defense is good enough to keep me my job.

If the offense rebounds here in the next couple seasons, Watson will get his chance. In the meantime I think he's where he belongs.

I think watson can be a good playcaller with the right QB, like ganz. So maybe if this kid is mobile like ganz was ( not fast or quick, just has the instinct to know when to take off out of the pocket) he will work our just fine.

:yeah

Tyler is a very football savy kid with a great arm and is also a very firey competitor. I am excited about him.