QB Tyler Gabbert

I would like to have Tyler on board. He has a great arm, without a doubt. One of the better arms in the country for this class. He isn't terribly slow, either. But with him saying the depth chart will be a big factor in his decision I am starting to worry about his "intangibles", if you know what I mean. I honestly think he made his commitment because he knew if Robinson committed, we would be done for the year and he would lose his spot.

I think it's time to stop doing the 1 qb per class rule. Even if Tyler sticks (right now I think he is seriously torn down the middle)

Look I'm sick of the QB's that feel that large football programs owe them something. Tyler is ok, but look at the past where NU was screwed by QB's Freeman, Gabbert. Come on we need to add Robinson and Gabbert and say if you want to compete then get after it. I feel Bo is a straight forward coach and he need to do whats best for the team and not Gabbert.

We need a pro-style QB in my opinion, enough of this dual threat stuff. We need a guy who can pass with accuracy and without hesitation. If Gabbert wants to jump ship like his brother let him. Our D is improving daily and as soon as we get our O clicking we will be a force. If he wants to be at the other end of that with an underachieving Missouri then all the worse for him. I'm tired of people pussyfooting around. Work on the 6'5 dude I say, we need a big dude who can see over our O line and make plays, not some little beach boy chasing after big brother's shadow.

Gabbert's pro-style.

I don't think we are recruiting different styles of QBs in alternation like some people are suggesting. They all fit into our offense in various ways and we are looking at them as passers first. Just because some of them are fast (like Lee) doesn't preclude them from that pro style category.

I say keep recruiting him, if he does what his brother pulled, it only inspires us to kick his butt after his brother is done there. At least his brother had an excuse, if he does the same thing his brother does, there is no excuse as far as I am concerned. Then it just looks like the family sells out to the highest bidder and wants to play yo yo games with coaches that are recruiting them.

Anyone else wondering if Tyler is looking around because of possible job instability with Watson?

bo isn't going to can watson any time soon. he knows the personnel issues they've dealt with this year. on the other hand, you never know what sort of misinformation a kid will believe.

Anyone else wondering if Tyler is looking around because of possible job instability with Watson?

Watson is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Agreed. But IMHO I really hope we put the full court press on Sean Robinson. At this point I really cant stand what Tyler is doing.

He talks about how important it is for the QB of the class to stay committed and now he is waivering? He shows up unofficially several times and runs out of OUR TUNNEL and now he "isnt sure?" Come on now.

i wonder how much this offical will go into his choice to stick or bail on the huskers.... i assume a lot... plus with all the talent around him maybe he can get the picture that Nebraska is moving in the right directin while the light thatr was kansas and MU is begining to fade.........

just wondering where this puts us.....