QB Tyler Gabbert

That's besides the point, I still can't figure out which direction this staff/Watson wants to go regarding the type of QB they want?? OR which direction they want the offense to go?? WCO, Spread, Spread option based running attack, I guess they just call it the Nebraska O, whatever that is.

It's really not as complicated as you are making it...

The offensive staff, read OC Shawn Watson, wants a QB that is quick / fast enough to elude the rush and buy time in the pocket to find an open receiver downfield. In seeking out this kind of QB they realize that there will be times that the QB will have to take off and run. All they are looking for are QB's that can buy time or take off and run and turn a "bad" play into a good one.

Oh Jen... you're just so smart... are you single?

No...I'm not single...I'm very happy with my girlfriend...but thank you.

So thats why you post pictures of hot chicks in you're signiture. You just dashed the hope's of huskerboard, of finding a single straight chick that knows football.

That's besides the point, I still can't figure out which direction this staff/Watson wants to go regarding the type of QB they want?? OR which direction they want the offense to go?? WCO, Spread, Spread option based running attack, I guess they just call it the Nebraska O, whatever that is.

The offensive staff, read OC Shawn Watson, wants a QB that is quick / fast enough to elude the rush and buy time in the pocket to find an open receiver downfield. In seeking out this kind of QB they realize that there will be times that the QB will have to take off and run. All they are looking for are QB's that can buy time or take off and run and turn a "bad" play into a good one.

So thats why you post pictures of hot chicks in you're signiture. You just dashed the hope's of huskerboard, of finding a single straight chick that knows football.

That sounds to me more like leave me alone fat creepy stalker guy, i'm a lesbian. I like Jen though, she has spunk and she amuses me. :nanalama

Well Watson better coach them up good in being able to avoid the rush because when NU plays the better teams that can easily shut down our average WRs, they'll be scrambling.

If the Robinson kid had committed I would feel much better about the direction this offense would be evolving into. (IF Watson bolts, Gabbert will as well)

Face it, NU has had 2 WR's drafted in the NFL in the past 20+ years and BOTH were QBs (Newcombe, Crouch). Even with Cally, Watson and Gilmore pimping the WCO to potential recruits, still nada.

As to the speed thing, my opinion is unless you want to run a spread option offense (which we don't), the less your quarterback HAS to run, the better. Little Gab has enough of a motor to break for ten if a gaping hole opens in the pocket, and he could elude pressure and occasionally run the zone read. From all I've been hearing and reading, Watson was high on him because he has good mechanics, he's a solid game manager, and he can make most any throw.

But let's not fool ourselves. If Tyler plays much at all it isn't going to be four a couple years, assuming Green is still our QB of the future. He could develop a lot between now and then. I'm pretty sure Watson wouldn't read these posts about a dual threat QB, put down his coffee, and go, "Well sh#t. I didn't think of that."

That's the problem, right there. NU for all intensive purposes has no reason not to be running a spread option offense based running attack. You see Oregon, similar to NU in regards to recruiting grounds, flourish year after year running this. See Utah as well. Finally Florida and it's plethora of talent in the sunshine state takes this offense and in 3 years at helm, Meyer pulls down 2 MNCS. Don't you not see something fundamentally wrong when Florida is running this offense and NU is running a pro style??

This offense, the NU offense, is NOT a good fit for NU.

I'll be anxious to see what Old Balls (Snyder's) offense looks like at KSU in the coming years.

Oh... ummm a friend was just wondering ;)

Well Watson better coach them up good in being able to avoid the rush because when NU plays the better teams that can easily shut down our average WRs, they'll be scrambling.

If the Robinson kid had committed I would feel much better about the direction this offense would be evolving into. (IF Watson bolts, Gabbert will as well)

Face it, NU has had 2 WR's drafted in the NFL in the past 20+ years and BOTH were QBs (Newcombe, Crouch). Even with Cally, Watson and Gilmore pimping the WCO to potential recruits, still nada.

As to the speed thing, my opinion is unless you want to run a spread option offense (which we don't), the less your quarterback HAS to run, the better. Little Gab has enough of a motor to break for ten if a gaping hole opens in the pocket, and he could elude pressure and occasionally run the zone read. From all I've been hearing and reading, Watson was high on him because he has good mechanics, he's a solid game manager, and he can make most any throw.

But let's not fool ourselves. If Tyler plays much at all it isn't going to be four a couple years, assuming Green is still our QB of the future. He could develop a lot between now and then. I'm pretty sure Watson wouldn't read these posts about a dual threat QB, put down his coffee, and go, "Well sh#t. I didn't think of that."

That's the problem, right there. NU for all intensive purposes has no reason not to be running a spread option offense based running attack. You see Oregon, similar to NU in regards to recruiting grounds, flourish year after year running this. See Utah as well. Finally Florida and it's plethora of talent in the sunshine state takes this offense and in 3 years at helm, Meyer pulls down 2 MNCS. Don't you not see something fundamentally wrong when Florida is running this offense and NU is running a pro style??

This offense, the NU offense, is NOT a good fit for NU.

I'll be anxious to see what Old Balls (Snyder's) offense looks like at KSU in the coming years.

Not at all! Considering NU was 11th in the nation in yards per game last season. Florida was 15th, and had more overall offense, but that is because they played 14 games compared to NU's 13. So I don't see this great gap your seeing. Unless it's just the option itself you want, which to me the spread option isn't even a true option to begin with. And is more often than not, boring as hell to watch. Sorry but the prospect of watching NU run the option draw twenty times a game doesn't really excite me at all. What do you want, NU to become some kind of Mizzou or Kansas clone?

Total yards per game

2008 NU-450.77(11) UF-445.07(15)

2007 NU-468.3(9) UF-457.2(14)

2006 NU-414.6(14) UF-396.1(19)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just tweak it a bit till it's even better!

Not at all! Considering NU was 11th in the nation in yards per game last season. Florida was 15th, and had more overall offense, but that is because they played 14 games compared to NU's 13. So I don't see this great gap your seeing. Unless it's just the option itself you want, which to me the spread option isn't even a true option to begin with. And is more often than not, boring as hell to watch. Sorry but the prospect of watching NU run the option draw twenty times a game doesn't really excite me at all. What do you want, NU to become some kind of Mizzou or Kansas clone?

Total yards per game

2008 NU-450.77(11) UF-445.07(15)

2007 NU-468.3(9) UF-457.2(14)

2006 NU-414.6(14) UF-396.1(19)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just tweak it a bit till it's even better!

I guess different strokes for different folks. Honestly you can't tell me watching Oregon, Florida or Utah's offense is boring as hell, just on the contrary, those 3 schools have some of the most exciting offenses in all of CFB. And all 3 are productive as hell. I can't stand Oregon or Florida, but I love watching those teams just because of their spread option based running attack. See TO's offense in the 1998 Orange Bowl and tell me that wasn't exciting.

Mizzery has handed NU and the rest of the north it's ass except KU, hmmmm, both schools run a version of this offense. I would venture to say if KU had better athletes, same outcome. NU needs the spread option running attack ala Oregon/Florida yesterday.

Drew Brees | #9 | QB

New Orleans Saints

Height: 6-0 Weight: 209

He seems to be doing OK.

We'll see what Tyler has when he gets here, and hopefully we won't need to worry about it too much until he has been here awhile. Thus the importance of QB depth. Not every guy is going to pan out but if you take 1 every year and hit on 1 out of 2 you should be fine.

I am delighted Nebraska keeps getting 4 :star QBs. Eventually one of these guys is going to be a big time player and really take Nebraska somewhere.

We've got our QB now let's get some more WRs and some DLs.

Drew Brees | #9 | QB

New Orleans Saints

Height: 6-0 Weight: 209

He seems to be doing OK.

We'll see what Tyler has when he gets here, and hopefully we won't need to worry about it too much until he has been here awhile. Thus the importance of QB depth. Not every guy is going to pan out but if you take 1 every year and hit on 1 out of 2 you should be fine.

I am delighted Nebraska keeps getting 4 :star QBs. Eventually one of these guys is going to be a big time player and really take Nebraska somewhere.

We've got our QB now let's get some more WRs and some DLs.

Evidently Tyler is already at work uprading our recruiting in Missourie, gettting on the horn with Marquise Hill, Marcus Lucas, Chase Rome, and current commit Keeston Terry.

good thing to start calling on other prospects.

can one of the MODS email him the numbers of some of the needs that NU has in this years recruiting and what the hell next year also

It's all on the internets, just search for Chase Rome.

Now none of you contact him or there'll be trouble:

Message from the Nebraska Athletic Department Compliance Staff:

On behalf of the University of Nebraska student-athletes, we are so thankful to have your support as we continue to build championship teams in every sport.

Because of the ease in which people communicate online with each other today, we thought an educational message is appropriate to clear up any confusion that exists about contacting recruits.

NCAA rules and regulations are complex to say the least, but one area that is completely straightforward is fan communication with recruits. If any fans, boosters, alumni (or any other supporters) of Nebraska has any contact (e.g., in-person, instant message, text message, e-mail, fax, etc.) whatsoever with a recruit there are could be serious consequences such as:

The University of Nebraska would have an NCAA violation to report to the NCAA enforcement staff;

The recruit would become ineligible to participate in athletics at Nebraska, and before any of our coaches could continue to contact the recruit, we would have to rule him/her ineligible and then seek reinstatement through the NCAA office; and

The fan/booster/alumni involved could jeopardize their standing with the University of Nebraska athletic department.

We know that fans of Nebraska are the most dedicated and supportive in the country so please if you have any questions about NCAA rules, contact our office at anytime at 402.472.2042 or e-mail compliance@huskers.com

Thank you for helping Nebraska Athletics stand by our building blocks of TRADITION, TEAMWORK, and INTEGRITY.

Josh White

Director of Compliance

University of Nebraska

• 2 weeks later...