QB Tyler Gabbert

WELCOME MR. GABBERT

Gabbert Article

Tyler Gabbert commits

Quarterback Tyler Gabbert has committed to Nebraska. He becomes the fifth commitment in this Husker recruiting class.

"It was an opportunity I couldn't pass up," Gabbert told the Journal Star.

Gabbert committed to NU after concluding a visit to Lincoln on Tuesday.

"I had Nebraska at the top before the visit so this was almost a reassurance thing. I'm just glad everything worked out the way it did," he said.

Of course, Tyler's older brother, Blaine, committed to Nebraska before the 2007. Then came all the chaos of that year and a coaching change. Blaine ended up signing with Missouri, where he'll likely start this year as a sophomore.

Tyler got a good taste of Nebraska through his brother's recruitment process.

"I've known Coach (Shawn) Watson for a while so that definitely helped a lot," Gabbert said. "Not only is he my position coach and offensive coordinator. He's like my head recruiter. My whole family going through (the recruiting process) a second time, everything I guess was a little smoother. With (Blaine's)experience at Nebraska, I was a little more comfortable Lincoln heading up there for camp and all that."

He's committed to Watson and Pelini.

Now if we can only get that stud, sub 5.0 40-yard dash fullback out of Jersey. Blows everybody up, leaves the field in ruins!!!

:clap LOL Dundermifflinite that made my day man. I'm very pleased with the Gabbert commit... apparently, he's (skillsetwise) a clone of his bro, minus the bulk. That's ok, some of the best COLLEGE QB's are not huge. Who cares what the league wants in their QB's? Also, I think maybe we should take Robinson, perhaps just as an athlete. He's got some good size and Scout lists a 40 at 4.53. He could make a great jump ball receiver or a tight end. Lastly, let's hope lil Gab works both Lucas AND Demien... it'd be sweet to score the top 4 Mizzou recruits and you can neve have enough quality lineman.

WELCOME MR. GABBERT

Gabbert Article

Tyler Gabbert commits

Quarterback Tyler Gabbert has committed to Nebraska. He becomes the fifth commitment in this Husker recruiting class.

"It was an opportunity I couldn't pass up," Gabbert told the Journal Star.

Gabbert committed to NU after concluding a visit to Lincoln on Tuesday.

"I had Nebraska at the top before the visit so this was almost a reassurance thing. I'm just glad everything worked out the way it did," he said.

Of course, Tyler's older brother, Blaine, committed to Nebraska before the 2007. Then came all the chaos of that year and a coaching change. Blaine ended up signing with Missouri, where he'll likely start this year as a sophomore.

Tyler got a good taste of Nebraska through his brother's recruitment process.

"I've known Coach (Shawn) Watson for a while so that definitely helped a lot," Gabbert said. "Not only is he my position coach and offensive coordinator. He's like my head recruiter. My whole family going through (the recruiting process) a second time, everything I guess was a little smoother. With (Blaine's)experience at Nebraska, I was a little more comfortable Lincoln heading up there for camp and all that."

Welcome aboard Tyler.

The part I've colored and bolded is what really impressed me.