QB Tyler Gabbert

So where is everyone getting that he decommitted. I don't see anything on rivals or scout?

If it is true that the our coaches put pressure on TG to confirm his commitment, good for them! Enough of this messing around and dragging it out. Make up your mind and allow us to put together a great class.

GBR

Though others seem to think all is well in Husker land, I think part of the chaos that is obvious on these threads led to losing Carter and Gabbert.

If you look at the threads, people are throwing the coaches on offense under the bus right and left. They are lower than whale feces to hear some of the posts. Dumber than a post. So why would two 4*s recruited by these same offensive coaches want to come here? The tirades against Lee by some posters also doesn't jive with the "why doesn't everyone want to be a Husker" silliness that seems to pervade Huskerland. Bo's rants on National TV screaming at offensive coaches and the QB, does not give the sort of 'in control' leadership that most are looking for. The anemic performance of the offense 106 yards on national TV; doesn't give them much faith either. They are not coming here to play great defense; those two were coming here to throw and catch.

So these kids had to look around and ask the same question I have asked and no one has been able to answer. If watson is so bad and the offense we run WCO is not suited to our team, then WHAT ARE WE GOING TO RUN NEXT YEAR AND BEYOND? What coaches are going to be running it? Pelini seems more suited to having a power running game. I don't think we have the personnel for it and it will be a horrible mistake but if that is what he wants, then he needs to start getting the personnel to play it. None of us has any clue what they will run or who will be coaching it. Half or more of you want Watson out along with Cotton. Why would the kids not see the chaos that is currently a part of this team and say....I think I would rather be in a different situation that is more settled on what they run on offense and matches my skills.

C Carter and Tyler G do not want to be a part of an offense that throws a half dozen times a game. If you take off the red colored glasses and look at it from two kid's view from out of state with no bred in Husker pride, it makes perfect sense for them to go somewhere else.

the only chaos is from fans and media. the only opinion that matters on personnel is bo's. bo is not canning anyone. our staff will stand pat unless someone leaves for another opportunity (speaking of which, it will be interesting to see which huskers gill assembles for his staff at KU).

i don't blame recruits too much for being convinced by negative recruiting, but i wish people that purport to be nebraska fans wouldn't indulge in the same garbage.

So where is everyone getting that he decommitted. I don't see anything on rivals or scout?

If it is true that the our coaches put pressure on TG to confirm his commitment, good for them! Enough of this messing around and dragging it out. Make up your mind and allow us to put together a great class.

GBR

:yeah We've waited way too long on this already. Now where does NU go?

I sure as hell hope the Gabbert's don't have any more sons. I can't go through this crap anymore.

At least we can look forward to pummeling a Gabbert for the next 5 years. Family has 0 class.

How do you know they family has 0 class. The only reason Blaine decommitted was because our coach was fired and he thought watson was going to be gone. Tyler has not decommitted yet just because there is rumors out there about it doesnt make them true. If he does decommitt it will because Watson has told him that he will not be here the whole time he is here. Watson is the reason he is coming here and if you know your position coach is gone why would you still want to come to the school? I love husker football but I really hate it when people speak about other people with out knowing what they are talking about.

I sure as hell hope the Gabbert's don't have any more sons. I can't go through this crap anymore.

At least we can look forward to pummeling a Gabbert for the next 5 years. Family has 0 class.

How do you know they family has 0 class. The only reason Blaine decommitted was because our coach was fired and he thought watson was going to be gone. Tyler has not decommitted yet just because there is rumors out there about it doesnt make them true. If he does decommitt it will because Watson has told him that he will not be here the whole time he is here. Watson is the reason he is coming here and if you know your position coach is gone why would you still want to come to the school? I love husker football but I really hate it when people speak about other people with out knowing what they are talking about.

There's a link to a source earlier in the thread (St. Louis TV station). Word is he was told to crap or get off the pot like Curtis Carter was, he got off the pot, just like Carter did. Wrong or right, that's what happened.

The other word is Tyler was less than honest with the coaches, he'd say he was solid, but was still setting up recruiting visits to MU. He was showing up on campus and hanging out with the team, wearing MU gear. It's not completely unexplainable since his brother goes there, but it sounds like the staff got tired of not hearing the truth.

http://www.ksdk.com/sports/story.aspx?stor...27&catid=86

Okay, so basically you are saying that Cotton is like every other kids father out there, dorky but means well. Yeah, kids dont want to come play for someone that like that. Your post is a mess! Every staff needs the "dorky everyman", they need the young guy, they need the bible thumper, they need the intense guy, they need the super serious guy, they need the "I have been there too" guy, you know why? Becuase they are recruiting ALL THOSE TYPES OF KIDS.

Secondly, can we please get over this "Saban wanted Watson so bad" garbage, no, Saban wanted an OC that he could TOTALLY CONTROL. He, like all of us have found out, knew that Watson would run anything he wanted told him to, just like he did at CU (GB pretty much called and ran the offense) and just like he did at NU, with the exception of one year, a year where he had a very good stable of RB's, TE's, Senior WR's and a Senior QB that improvised on 75% of the pass routes.

Saban is a control freak and wanted an OC that he could tell EXACLTY what he wanted done.

You want to debate it, sure, knock yourself out, start a thread. Hell, first do me a favor and pull up all of Watsons stats as an OC, see if you still want to start a thread. I am not saying Watson is bad, its just that he is wishy-washy.

This whole post is full of .. :facepalm:

Again, you want to debate this, create another thread and I will GLADLY talk about this.

--

In any case, Gabbert is gone. We figured out what the smell was!

If he does go to MU I am going to be laughing every gameday when James Franklin walks out as the starter instead of Gabbert. This kid obviously isn't the smartest guy in the world. Otherwise why in the hell would you want to go to a school that already has a four star qb committed and decommit from a school that you are the only one? Bc NU had one bad year passing the ball? I'm not saying that we are some offensive juggernaut every year but we do throw the ball quite a bit when we are in our normal offense.