Cody Glenn

HskrMan

something like stautory rape isnt up to the parents to press charges or not. If it is true and it gets out then the D.A. is the one who has to decide wether to press charges against Cody.

Exactly, this is why the situation has been so hush hush.

Yeah, but the girl would have to make a statement to the police that they did indeed have sex, or no charges could be brought.

So basically she could have been under the age of 18. He is obviously at least 20, so under 18 would not be legal for him. With that said, how does anyone know that the girl wasn't 17 yrs old, and could have lied to him and told him she was 18 or 19 years old? Not saying that was the case, but everyone is "assuming" he knew. If she did lie to him, what was he supposed to do? Ask to see her I.D.?

No, she has to be at most, 15 years old. If she is 16, then it is not statutory rape. I know that girls are growing up quicker now than in my day, but you don't confuse a 15 year old girl with someone you should be having sex with. And the asking for id, if she has a driver's license, then she's old enough....even though that is still pretty sick for someone who is what, 22 or 23?

Where is all this 16 year age limit coming from? This was NOT the case when I lived in NE. I will be greatly disapointed if the age was lowered. Regardless, of the legal age, IF these accusations are true there is NO excuse for those actions, and he should be in jail for a long time! I also wouldn't be afraid to ask him about it, cause if she was 15, I'd be happy to make some teeth go missing myself! :bat

So basically she could have been under the age of 18. He is obviously at least 20, so under 18 would not be legal for him. With that said, how does anyone know that the girl wasn't 17 yrs old, and could have lied to him and told him she was 18 or 19 years old? Not saying that was the case, but everyone is "assuming" he knew. If she did lie to him, what was he supposed to do? Ask to see her I.D.?

No, she has to be at most, 15 years old. If she is 16, then it is not statutory rape. I know that girls are growing up quicker now than in my day, but you don't confuse a 15 year old girl with someone you should be having sex with. And the asking for id, if she has a driver's license, then she's old enough....even though that is still pretty sick for someone who is what, 22 or 23?

Where is all this 16 year age limit coming from? This was NOT the case when I lived in NE. I will be greatly disapointed if the age was lowered. Regardless, of the legal age, IF these accusations are true there is NO excuse for those actions, and he should be in jail for a long time! I also wouldn't be afraid to ask him about it, cause if she was 15, I'd be happy to make some teeth go missing myself! :bat

It was when I lived in Nebraska. Remember the Shevin Wiggins case? Well he was messing around with a 15 year old, while his buddy was with her friend who was 16. The buddy was not charged with anything, while Shevin was.

edit: My facts were not correct, the buudy was also charged, and both girls were 14.

It was when I lived in Nebraska. Remember the Shevin Wiggins case? Well he was messing around with a 15 year old, while his buddy was with her friend who was 16. The buddy was not charged with anything, while Shevin was.

edit: My facts were not correct, the buudy was also charged, and both girls were 14.

I don't recall any of that. I'm soooo tired of hearing stories about these kinds of sick sons of bitches, find someone your own age ya fu$@!% perverts!!!! :steam

But still, you think an NFL team will take him with this UNKNOWN MYSTERY on his record, without any idea of what it is?

Um, I'm betting no NFL team drafts him regardless of whether or not there is an unknown mystery. I'm guessing at best he shows off his athletic ability and gets invited to a camp or two to try and make an NFL roster. He just never played anyone position long enough or got enough reps to be taken in the draft. I guess if he's lights out athletically someone might take him very low.

Players need to remember that no means no.

What are you talking about? Do you have factual information, or are you are posting about a rumor you heard? If so, take that crap somewhere else. Spreading gossip is what little girls do, grow up man.

Not a rumor. I'll wait for the story to come out.

Ya you need to wait for the facts to come out because what your saying isn't 100% correct.

Cody got in trouble for STATUTORY rape not rape like you are implying with your previous post. It was consensual but the girl was underage.

Luckily for Cody she also happen to be a boosters daughter and TO & company were contacted before the authorities. A deal was basically made that if Cody was removed from team that the family would keep quite so this wouldn't reach the media or authorities.

I personally don't like the way the athletic department handled this because this could come and bit us in the a$$ down the line. You can also understand why this has been kept so hush hush.

I realize this story sounds completely made up and I expect to get posts bashing me for spreading terrible rumors but this is 100% what happened.

If this is actually what happened, then TO should be ashamed of himself. The father should be ashamed of himself. If this is true, this would be the biggest black eye imaginable for Husker football. TO's high moral status dropped a few pegs when he allowed LP back onto the team. This would drive it straight into the ground. He would then be looked upon just like those caught of cheating with a win at all costs. If this is true, then I almost assure you that we didn't hire the "right" head coach. Who here would pimp out their own daughter for the sake of the University of Nebraska?

Tough subject to discuss. Kids do dumb things. Parents try to protect their kids.

I never heard if Cody left the University. It may have been a deal where you go away, out of sight out of mind. Cody may have made the choice. The parents may not have wanted the embarassment for their daughter and their family. People react differently when things happen to them. Not easy to say there is a set way to do things.

We really do not know the real story, so it is unfair to blame anyone at this time.

But thinking with the small head normally leads to trouble no matter how old.

I have to admit, I should probably turn myself in. I was 20 and was shagging a girl who was 17 who I'd been dating for over 2 years at the time. I mean seriously, every case has it's details. Hell, I guess I was breaking the law the entire time we were dating. I was a senior and she a freshman when we started dating. I know, I know, the senior dating a freshman, but I lived in a very, very small town, so you dated the best there was, no matter what the age(as long as in high school) because of lack of numbers of good looking girls. Anyway, these laws definitely have there places, but sometimes they just don't make complete sense depending on the circumstances.

Consult your Attorney for legal advice, but the age of consent for a young lady is Sixteen in Nebraska, which means if they are younger you should throw them back. (Previously in the thread AR was nice enough to post the link to Nebraska statutes) :bang

I have to admit, I should probably turn myself in. I was 20 and was shagging a girl who was 17 who I'd been dating for over 2 years at the time. I mean seriously, every case has it's details. Hell, I guess I was breaking the law the entire time we were dating. I was a senior and she a freshman when we started dating. I know, I know, the senior dating a freshman, but I lived in a very, very small town, so you dated the best there was, no matter what the age(as long as in high school) because of lack of numbers of good looking girls. Anyway, these laws definitely have there places, but sometimes they just don't make complete sense depending on the circumstances.

Well, the law is if your 19, she better be 16. If your 18, 15 is ok. Hypothetically, a couple could be 18 and 15, everything is legal, then someone turns 19 and its a Class II felony until the other turns 16. Also, be careful about "contributing to the delinquency of a minor", which is a misdemeanor, but very much a jailable offense.

I have a question. What about if you're 17 or 18 and the girl is 14? Most High School seniors are going to be 17 or 18 and incoming freshman are going to be 14 or 15. So how about this situation? I know this is a little off topic from about Cody, but just interested in knowing the rule here. I would say many times an 18 year old senior has been with a 14 year old freshman, so just wondering about this. Cuz if this is against the law you would think high schools would need to have info meeting on this to inform students and parents the laws. With this a possibility I would think the state might even make a law enforcing High schools to be grade 10-12 to try and keep certain age groups from mingling too much. Very interesting topic actually.

Apperantly the answer to that question is yes. <_<

Cause thats the first thing I used to do when I was 21 and wanted a piece of a$$ was ask the girl to prove how old she was if she told me she was 18. Come on who does that?

That and a clean blood test.

When I was 18, I passed up a hot girl who was 20, to date a hotter girl who was 15.....who looked like she was 19. Anyway, her birthday was exactly 1 week after mine, so I was 3 years and 7 days older.

We dated until I was 20, so technically, our relationship was perfectly legal.....except for 7 days out of every year when I became a felon.

I think that's ridiculous, but that's probably only because of my disinterest in prison.

:cop:

I have a question. What about if you're 17 or 18 and the girl is 14? Most High School seniors are going to be 17 or 18 and incoming freshman are going to be 14 or 15. So how about this situation? I know this is a little off topic from about Cody, but just interested in knowing the rule here. I would say many times an 18 year old senior has been with a 14 year old freshman, so just wondering about this. Cuz if this is against the law you would think high schools would need to have info meeting on this to inform students and parents the laws. With this a possibility I would think the state might even make a law enforcing High schools to be grade 10-12 to try and keep certain age groups from mingling too much. Very interesting topic actually.

18 and 14? .............. even if it werent illegal (wich it is) its disgusting. <_<

AGREED!

I remember being in high school and having friends that would date the "little girls" as I used to call them. Really they were just manipulating young girls that had fallen prey to older guy syndrome.

I kind of think that is how this whole Statutory Rape law got put into place. To keep older guys from exerting unfair influence over younger girls. I realize more female teachers having inappropriate relations with younger male students are starting to show up in the news but I really doubt that this legislation was driven because women were doing something they shouldn't. Plus guys are kind of into that stuff....we had the hottest typing teacher in jr high!!!

If the rumors are true, even if Cody didn't know exactly how old she was, or she lied about it, I bet he still knew he had some element of control over a younger girl and he took advantage of it. At his age it has to be hard to resist.....

The stories about the booster family and deals behind the scenes just feels dirty to me. I could see the family wanting to keep this out of the papers but still....its pretty gross from both sides.