WR Austin Hill

Hey I just noticed that Arizona just got their third WR commit from a JUCO WR that apparently was a "big" target for them. Hopefully with them filling up on wideouts, Austin will decide once and for all what we've all known once and for all... that the next few years of his life should be spent at NU. Cmon Austin... you got family here. A shot for great things on the gridiron here. What more could you want?

commence meltdown. :snacks:

from husker journal:

DECEMBER 17 2009.

AUSTIN HILL, WR, 6-3, 295, CORONA (ROOSEVELT), CALIFORNIA

Austin took four official visits, Northwestern, Colorado State, Arizona and Nebraska.

Northwestern Was Impressive

“I liked Northwestern’s education and the city is pretty cool. Northwestern is one of the top academic and football schools out there. I thought the players were pretty cool too.” Hill said

“Northwestern has a senior wide receiver and I have a chance to player early there. I can step in and be the tallest receiver they (NU) want, a little more size at wide receiver where I can catch the jump balls.” Hill said

“Colorado State was cool,” Hill said, “It was cold there but it was alright. Colorado State is doing a lot of construction they will have new dorms and recreation center. I got to see some of it, it’s pretty cool. I also have a teammate that goes there (CSU) and he likes it a lot.” Hill said

Arizona Weather

“I like the weather at Arizona,” Hill said, “I know it gets hot there but the weather is really nice. I like Arizona’s offense and I have a chance to play early there too and it’s not too far from home.”

“Backed Off A Lot”

“The Nebraska visit was very exciting. They (NU Coaches) liked my size and athletic ability but Nebraska has backed off a lot actually. I haven’t got a call or anything since I went up there for a visit (OU game).” Hill said

“I haven’t eliminated Nebraska but they are lower down there. I haven’t had a chance to talk to them. Nebraska coaches use to call me but I haven’t heard from them since the Oklahoma game. Northwestern and Arizona are recruiting me the hardest now.” Hill said

“I liked all the schools I visited but I haven’t had a chance to talk to my parents what decision I will make. It (commitment) will be after the holidays at the earliest.” Hill said.

WOW, WTF!!! So they lose Carter supposedly bc they want bigger body wr's who can excel in a run based offense, then they stop calling a 6'3 200 lb receiver who could also lead to a top tier back in next years class? What the hell are the coaches thinking? I'm assuming not a lot!

understand the frustration obviously.. but no offense, you dont know half of what they do. if you did, you wouldnt be sitting behind some computer typing. you'd be out at some school coaching and on the recruiting trail.

WOW, WTF!!! So they lose Carter supposedly bc they want bigger body wr's who can excel in a run based offense, then they stop calling a 6'3 200 lb receiver who could also lead to a top tier back in next years class? What the hell are the coaches thinking? I'm assuming not a lot!

what makes you think that's the reason we lost carter? it's my impression that he wanted to be closer to home and didn't like the conservative turn our offense took this year.

in any case, another receiver would be nice this year, but is hardly a necessity.

Given our WR play this year, having another one in this class would be more than just nice.

unless we can get one that walks into fall camp more prepared to play than what we already have, or possessing phenomenal physical talent, i don't agree. we need to coach up the guys already on roster if we want improved receiver play in the next season or two.

As far as me saying the reason why we lost carter...that's just a situation talked about on here so no facts. Ya I assume the coaches know more than me but it's a freakin message board that you yourself are also on. I'm not pretending, nor once did I say I know even .1% the coaches know, so relax. With that said, unless they are very confident in landing either Reese, Lucas, Wright, Sasser, or Harris I have no idea what they are thinking. Maybe they think one solid wr and a nebraska kid that should be a walk on is solid enough class for wr's. I'm just brainstorming here so nobody shoot me for thinking on a message board, bc this one doesn't make any sense.

As far as me saying the reason why we lost carter...that's just a situation talked about on here so no facts. Ya I assume the coaches know more than me but it's a freakin message board that you yourself are also on. I'm not pretending, nor once did I say I know even .1% the coaches know, so relax. With that said, unless they are very confident in landing either Reese, Lucas, Wright, Sasser, or Harris I have no idea what they are thinking. Maybe they think one solid wr and a nebraska kid that should be a walk on is solid enough class for wr's. I'm just brainstorming here so nobody shoot me for thinking on a message board, bc this one doesn't make any sense.

I agree it seems odd since I think we all assumed 3 WR's was the goal the whole time. Evans and Enunwa make 2, would be nice to see 1-2 more. Do they have a target that they think is better than Hill that they feel good about getting?

That's one thing I also really don't understand. Ya we might have better targets at WR that they may feel good about getting. However, in 08' we took Mason Wald which has been said numerous times that we took him to get Justin Rodgers more than anything. Is anyone telling me that they can't take Austin Hill, someone who could have had ten times more impact on our team than Wald, to have a much better chance with Aaron Green? I know we are in a schollie crunch year but he is a solid prospect at a position of need and will greatly help us next year with an elite prospect at a position of huge need. What am I missing?