WR Austin Hill

I think that we might have a silent verbal from someone better than him. Just a hunch on that one, no information. But like I said earlier, the word that I am hearing is that when he got to Lincoln he measured much shorter than his listed heighth and his 40 time wasnt what was reported.

Ok so who is left at WR.... Bell and....what ever happened to Harold Mobley? He is the only other guy I can think of

Mobley is a TE\LB type, not a WR

If his heart isn't in Nebraska, then it is for the best for both teams, granted that his heart is in Arizona. I would rather the talent go to NU because they found a home there, not because someone else had already built one. Even if it is family. Regardless, enjoy football wherever it might take you.

I don't think it's a matter of that, for some reason, our coaches reportedly stopped calling. Don't really understand why, but it's a very common theme to this year where we had a player commit, or close to commiting and then backed off (Sloan, Hill, Sasser, Carter (DE), Robinson (QB) . I know it happens every year, but when we appear to be struggling so badly recruiting the offensive side of the ball it is definitely a head scratcher.

This will be the 3rd time I said it:

I believe the reason that we cooled on him was because he measured much shorter when he came up here than he was listed at. His 40 time was not at all what was reported on his rivals page. Therefore he or others lied to the coaching staff.

I believe the reason that we cooled on him was because he measured much shorter when he came up here than he was listed at. His 40 time was not at all what was reported on his rivals page. Therefore he or others lied to the coaching staff.

I'm pretty sure everyone understood you the first time you said it.

well with the news that EZ provided us i can see why the coaches maybe cooled on him.. i dont know if this is common or not but it has been said that after the visit the coaches basicly stopped calling, contact etc.... with the cooling on Hill i can understand but would be nice or best or appropiriate (perhaps they did) to contact the recruit and let them know what was going on and what they were thinking... just so Hill wasn't just left there wondering... i mean this would go along way recruiting in the area amongst kids to know that Nebraska is atleast straight up and just doesnt cast kids aside without so much a thanks for the time... just seems this would go along way amongst local high school coaches and kids in general..... perhaps i am wrong but it just seemed like it would be the right thing to do instead of realizing that the kid didn't fit in to just not call him back or tell him what was up.... regardless of someone lying etc...

It just appeared that this was about to turn into another meltdown and another one of those threads where the point of us "not being able to recruit offensive players" is beaten into our heads. That is why I echoed my point again.

Do you have a decent source for the shorter and slower than listed deal? Since it appears we cooled on him(as with Sloan you you don't just quit contact without a reason) it would make sense. Just sucks that we let other guys we've been interested in get away and now we're pretty-much down to hoping Bell commits.