WR Austin Hill

Oh, the return of Austin Hill. Didn't the staff cool on him earlier in the year though because of his measurables not being as good as previously advertised? Even if we miss out on the big 3, I'd be surprised if he jumped in the mix over the QB scramble and the OL's that are interested. The recruiting scenarios are making my headspin guys and gals..

i agree. sounds like we lost interest a long time ago and i doubt that changes.

Oh, the return of Austin Hill. Didn't the staff cool on him earlier in the year though because of his measurables not being as good as previously advertised? Even if we miss out on the big 3, I'd be surprised if he jumped in the mix over the QB scramble and the OL's that are interested. The recruiting scenarios are making my headspin guys and gals..

I think we cooled on Carter but not Hill. Could be wrong though.

I believe that Hill said that we stopped calling him after his visit to the OU game.

i don't think we cooled on carter until he decommitted and started talking crap about us. as ez said, we apparently stopped contacting hill after his visit (though that didn't stop recruiting "experts" from hyping his immminent commitment a month later).

though that didn't stop recruiting "experts" from hyping his immminent commitment a month late.

Crabtree called himself "a clueless fool" :laughpound

Fixed it :thumbs

:lol:

Crabtree does a great job in breaking down a kid's skill set and evaluating them beyond stars. But when it comes to where he will end up I think he just tells you what you want to hear. I heard him on the radio tell an Iowa fan that Sentrel Henderson had Iowa in his top two!!! :laughpound

though that didn't stop recruiting "experts" from hyping his immminent commitment a month late.

Crabtree does a great job in breaking down a kid's skill set and evaluating them beyond stars. But when it comes to where he will end up I think he just tells you what you want to hear. I heard him on the radio tell an Iowa fan that Sentrel Henderson had Iowa in his top two!!! :laughpound

Thats the funniest thing I have heard in a loooong time :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Thats the funniest thing I have heard in a loooong time :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

It doesnt matter though. Ferentz can take me, all 6ft3 180 lbs of me, and make me an All-American Left Tackle according to Iowa fans. ;)

Unless Cooper, Carnes and Owa all pass i dont see us going for him. Even then do we need another WR?

They plan on using Evans at wr, so we have three for the class. I can't see us taking a fourth.

Evans will start at WR, but lately I've heard from within the program that they see his skill set working better at safety and there is more of a long term need for safety than WR. He was recruited by the staff as an open end prospect. I see him moving to defense immediately if we pick up another WR this class.

Unless Cooper, Carnes and Owa all pass i dont see us going for him. Even then do we need another WR?

They plan on using Evans at wr, so we have three for the class. I can't see us taking a fourth.

Evans will start at WR, but lately I've heard from within the program that they see his skill set working better at safety and there is more of a long term need for safety than WR. He was recruited by the staff as an open end prospect. I see him moving to defense immediately if we pick up another WR this class.

But who would this new wr to be? We already gave Hill the cold-shoulder and there is almost no talk about other wr-prospects. I too can see Evans at safety with another wr-commit and I thought he'd be a safety to begin with. But it doesn't appear another wr is in the current plan. Enunwa, Bell, and Kelly appear to be this year's class at wr. That could still change of-course but it doesn't seem likely.

But who would this new wr to be? We already gave Hill the cold-shoulder and there is almost no talk about other wr-prospects. I too can see Evans at safety with another wr-commit and I thought he'd be a safety to begin with. But it doesn't appear another wr is in the current plan. Enunwa, Bell, and Kelly appear to be this year's class at wr. That could still change of-course but it doesn't seem likely.

Looks like I may have spoke too soon with Ruffin in the mix, should be interesting to see how things finish out.

• 2 weeks later...

Word I've read elsewhere in terms of Neb backing-off on Hill is that he has attitude-issues. The matter came-up in connection to the recent article about players screening recruits on visits. Said Hill had a me-first attitude that put his stats and trying to impress the NFL way above winning.