Cosgrove criticizes the Nebraska fan base

Husker-Joe

I'd almost forgotten this guy was ever at Nebraska. What I do remember is that he took a once proud defense and ran it into the ground. The turn around that was made this year is evidence that there were players with talent on the 2007 team and since the big change was in how those players were coached it seems that if there is blame to be placed then it should be placed on the door step of the 2007 coaching staff.

Lastly, it seems that Cosgrove's career is still spirling downward. Being a Co-Defensive Coordinator at MN cannot be seen as a step up from coaching his son. What's next Coz? Assistant coach for a team in a Jr. High league.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez

It amazes me is just how clueless the former staff has been to their own ineptitude! And neither Cosgrove or Callahan can seem to admit that their coaching and development of players was flawed in any way!

As for the negativity, pull your head out of your ass! You where destroying our team, and making a laughing stock of our once proud Blackshirts! What do you want an F'n metal!

There was more personal accountability in the Bush administration than these arrogant jerks have shown! I couldn't be happier to have their influence FAR from the program. :boxosoap

Although Coz is a tool I do believe I was one of many that were way too hard on the young men on that defense.

Emotion gets involved a people act poorly. Myself included.

Sorry 2007 Husker seniors. You were in a bad situation with a poor coaching staff and I kicked you when you were down.

I do have to admit I am surprised Coz found a DI job.

Great, he brags about leading in sacks in 2005 but that defense was #25 in scoring and #26 in total yards...not bad, but not great, and those two are certainly more important than sacks.

Good luck to him, but I sure wish we had Minnesota on the schedule.

Those who booed his son at a HS football game, and the death threat (am I remembering that right?) were way out of line, but the guy was a poor coach here and it doesn't sound like he learned anything from the experience.

Great, he brags about leading in sacks in 2005 but that defense was #25 in scoring and #26 in total yards...not bad, but not great, and those two are certainly more important than sacks.

Good luck to him, but I sure wish we had Minnesota on the schedule.

Those who booed his son at a HS football game, and the death threat (am I remembering that right?) were way out of line, but the guy was a poor coach here and it doesn't sound like he learned anything from the experience.

and that's with having what....3 nfl starters on that d line?

Coz is not a tool. Get over it - he didn't end up doing well here, and that's something plenty of coaches do at plenty of schools. The kind of $hit he endured from the fans is more than ANY coach should EVER go through. He and his family deserve better. From the self-appointed "classiest fans in college football" at that.

Cosgrove does bring up a good point, he is viewed solely on his '07 year.

In '05, we did lead the country in sacks and tackles for loss. Say it's the level of talent we had making up for his ineptitude, or what you want, but it is what it is. In '06, we beat all the teams we were supposed to beat (except okie state), and lost to the ones we were picked to lose to. In the big xii championship game and the bowl game against auburn, I thought we played championship caliber defense against both of them (offensive struggles cost us both of those games).

However, '07 just stunk, and I could say it's not all his fault, but it also, is what it is.

I wish him the best...you all should do the same.

The kind of $hit he endured from the fans is more than ANY coach should EVER go through

Quit... Walk away...If you are a determent and know that you are not returning what was he waiting for???..

Oh ya the inevitable buy out to get his ass out of here.

Im editing because I would like to state that I am not leaning on the athletes. I have a hard time just with the coaches especially him.

He is a tool....any coach who will not accept that he ruined the program or admit he might have been over his head should not be allowed to coach. I cannot wait to see him put the Golden Showers down at the bottom of the Little 11 next year. Brewster made a huge mistake with them having a new stadium opening this year....it is going to get ugly!

Coz is not a tool. Get over it - he didn't end up doing well here, and that's something plenty of coaches do at plenty of schools. The kind of $hit he endured from the fans is more than ANY coach should EVER go through. He and his family deserve better. From the self-appointed "classiest fans in college football" at that.

If he's not a tool, then he is definitely one in the running. I, and I'm sure many other Husker fans, would have so much more respect for him and the other members of the old coaching staff if they would just admit their failures, move on, and stop pointing the finger at others. While I think a few fans took their animosity out in an extremely inappropriate fashion, I think the general annoyance of many other fans with these clowns is definitely deserved.

Any word on the Vegas over/under for average points Minnesota will allow their opponents next season? I think if it's anything less than 50 I might be making a trip. :)

Besides a Husker fan, I am also a Gopher fan, coming from the great state of Minnesota. Yes, the Gophs are perennial losers, and it's hard, at times, to stay a fan when you don't see any progress in the program. The hiring of Cosgrove as CO-defensive coordinator was troubling to me. However, the Big 10 is different conference. Cosgrove was confounded by spread offenses, and he will see less of that in the Big 10. Also, he not THE defensive coordinator. Brewster was smart enough not to give him full reign of the defensive. I'm just glad that Cosgrove is not with the Huskers any more. The picture that I get of Cosgrove is the one in which he left Memorial Stadium in tears (was if after the KU game?) because that game was the deciding factor in the termination of both him and Cally, according to T.O.. I was astounded that the man could not compose himself. Sorry about all the hate from the fans, though. He and his family should not have had to endure that. Here's hoping for Cosgrove to find a better home in Minnesota and to find some success there.