Spring Game Televised?

JTrain

anyone know if its just us not being televised by the nfl network again? i really enjoyed watching other colleges spring games, seeing how they ran stuff, what their attendence was and emotion was like, etc. this past spring. Plus, it was football in what I consider an extremely slow sports period.

also, anyone know a specific reason why? us or them? its not like we have our own network or something. i imagine the university got something out of having it televised on the NFL network, even if it was just the free exposure.

My take is the Spring game is really only about recruiting and entertainment as the format provides little in the way of real game simulation.

I think the idea is to get a full house. If it was on TV and the weather was a little off, some might not show up and their reserved seats would go to waste. :dunno

As far as TV, I think ESPN only commits to covering one Spring Game a year. If you're not on ESPN there's really no point to being on other TV (for recruiting purposes.)

I don't know which is a worse idea, Not telivising the scrimmage, or taking away the best selling point of the game the open seating. Now it's the same ol' B.S. the more you spend the better off you'll be. This kind of attitude has no place in what used to be a family friendly event. And don't give me any of the " everyone was givin an equal chance to buy tickets when they came available" bull either. Within the first hour, any worthly seat on the east or west side was gone. Thanks scalpers! Enjoy your extra dough ya f'n hosers!!!

And thanks to the athletic dept. for stamping out any of the pleasure the great unwashed might have enjoyed, had they been able to sit in a good seat at memorial stadium ONCE in there hole damn lives! Another victory for BIG MONEY!!!! :thumbs

I don't know which is a worse idea, Not telivising the scrimmage, or taking away the best selling point of the game the open seating. Now it's the same ol' B.S. the more you spend the better off you'll be. This kind of attitude has no place in what used to be a family friendly event. And don't give me any of the " everyone was givin an equal chance to buy tickets when they came available" bull either. Within the first hour, any worthly seat on the east or west side was gone. Thanks scalpers! Enjoy your extra dough ya f'n hosers!!!

And thanks to the athletic dept. for stamping out any of the pleasure the great unwashed might have enjoyed, had they been able to sit in a good seat at memorial stadium ONCE in there hole damn lives! Another victory for BIG MONEY!!!! :thumbs

I sense some bitterness....lol. Relax man....everything's a business nowadays.