Why missouri will never be good. ever.

mitch93

According to the all knowing Ultimatedude3312 on rivals free board. This is a Mizzou fan BTW. Please keep it clean. ( Its the offseason. We need something to talk about)

Why Nebraska will never be great again.

1. Steroid ban in the NCAA. Can't build dynasties now by having 70% of your players taking steroids anymore.

2. 85 scholarship limit. Can't have more than 85 kids on scholarship at a university which creates parity.

3. The Big 12 conference. The great Nebraska teams of the 70s, 80s, and 90s and only one main competition, OU. Even then, they weren't spectacular against them till the 90s. (4-8 in the 70s and 5-5 in the 80s). Now instead of having to deal with OU, they have Texas, Missouri, Texas Tech, and kU among others to deal with. Not only that but the great Nebraska has been to exactly 1, 1 Big 12 championship game. Missouri, Colorado and K-State have been to at least 2.

4. Prop 48. Got to have academic standards at Nebraska now. Can't take partial qualifiers and put together a team.

5. Nebraska itself. Has anyone been to Nebraska on this board that has no connections to Nebraska or business? Nope. Why is that? Nebraska is NOT a premier place to be. Most of the top talent in California is either staying there or going to Notre Dame. So that California pipeline is almost dried up.

6. TV. Why did people in the 40s and 50s go to these powers? Because they were always on TV. Now almost everyone can see any football game on a given saturday. So if you are a kid from Texas and you are down to Nebraska and Texas Tech and you will get the same amount of coverage at either school, which school would you choose? Probably the one closer to your home so your parents can watch you play.

Well there is my points to why Nebraska will never be great. Now watch the flame posts of the same "we have better fan support, that is why we are great" I guess after getting your ass kicked 3 out of 4 years, i guess that would be all you have for pride. Oh and the "we would of beat you in november" post.

Just watch and see MB, how delusional Husker fans are.

LINK...

well, go ahead guys. Why should we believe missery will EVER be good. If Nebraska cant restore the dominance then what would give missouri any better chance?

Ok I'll start it then bc I hate Mizzou more than any team in college football. Up until the 2007 season MU was average at best year in and year out as long as I can remember. Then the 07' season came and they had supposedly the best team in the schools history...yet they didn't even make a BCS game once. Also up until the last two years Mizzou hasnt even held any in state guys and might not have even got Gabbert if it wasnt for our breakdown. We have consistently had better recruiting classes and the only reason we dont have the speed they do at this point is bc our weight training and player development were below average. Nobody will ever run Mizzous offense as good as Daniel did and their defense has never been anything special. The reason it shut us down the last two years was we were running an offense that didnt fit our personnel. And I will say it...I would have loved to play them again in January bc IMO KU's and Clemsons defense were a ton better than Mizzous and we did pretty decent on them. Mizzou sucks and will never ever ever be a consistent top 15 team.

I don't understand why the conversation on this board has to be so negative. I would rather see threads that support our team, not find reasons to have another team to have more bulletin board material than they get anyway. Besides, this looks nothing more than a copy cat version of why the Huskers will never be any good again that was posted previously.

At least be original...

I don't understand why the conversation on this board has to be so negative. I would rather see threads that support our team, not find reasons to have another team to have more bulletin board material than they get anyway. Besides, this looks nothing more than a copy cat version of why the Huskers will never be any good again that was posted previously.

At least be original...

LMAO.. You really think the Mizzou football team is going to use Huskerboard postings as bulletin board material? A little smack talk between fans during the off season is okay, as long as it does not get to nasty. I took it to far, and got banned for a week. The MODS do a great job here of not letting things get out of control.

The reason schools like Nebraska got where we were is because no matter who was on the schedule or what "rivalries" we had, the main focus was always on being in the title hunt and thus the philosophies and regimens all season and off season were built upon that goal,

Which is the reason Missouri will never be legitimate as they stand now. Their goal is never about winning a national title, because the fan base at large are still just fine losing 5-7 games a year as long as they beat Kansas.

Now basing an entire year's worth of accomplishments around a rival are ok for some schools, but when that rival is at best a mediocre program in their own right you aren't exactly setting your sights on achieving the highest goals.

That is the very reason they kept Pinkel around even though he cost them games every year and why the guy responsible for their offensive identity is now coaching at Wyoming.

Meh, I'm not getting involved in this one. I have my opinions, and I do think that SOMEDAY Mizzou will be very competitive again, but to me they need to prove that they can be consistent. Going by Mizzou tradition, they usually only have a few good years and then sink back into mediocrity. They need to be consistent.

At least be original...

A better question: why is there always someone in each thread who always has to question why the thread was started? I'm not trying to start an argument over it but I thought this was a message board where we discuss random things about football.

The reason schools like Nebraska got where we were is because no matter who was on the schedule or what "rivalries" we had, the main focus was always on being in the title hunt and thus the philosophies and regimens all season and off season were built upon that goal,

Which is the reason Missouri will never be legitimate as they stand now. Their goal is never about winning a national title, because the fan base at large are still just fine losing 5-7 games a year as long as they beat Kansas.

Now basing an entire year's worth of accomplishments around a rival are ok for some schools, but when that rival is at best a mediocre program in their own right you aren't exactly setting your sights on achieving the highest goals.

That is the very reason they kept Pinkel around even though he cost them games every year and why the guy responsible for their offensive identity is now coaching at Wyoming.

Excellent post, you are dead on about the Missouri fan base expectations. I live in Missouri, and I have not talked to one fan who said they are disappointed with the season they had. Its like they have become used to being let down over the years, and they seem to live on past disappointments like the 5th down play against CU, or "the catch" against us. In the eyes of Missouri, they have already reached the pinnicle.

Excellent post, you are dead on about the Missouri fan base expectations. I live in Missouri, and I have not talked to one fan who said they are disappointed with the season they had. Its like they have become used to being let down over the years, and they seem to live on past disappointments like the 5th down play against CU, or "the catch" against us. In the eyes of Missouri, they have already reached the pinnicle.

The two of you have some good points. I would add this. MU fans dont live to only beat KU. The teams goals are to win the division and then possibly the big 12. That is how I and many, many others view it. Would we love to win a NC. Hell yeah we would. But you have to crawl to walk, walk to run & run to spint. MU has yet to win the Big 12, so talking about winning a NC is a little premature.

I will agree that if MU sucks at a particular sport for that particular season, we would like to alteast beat KU. But it is not the be all, tell all. to say "are still just fine losing 5-7 games a year as long as they beat Kansas", is a pretty big stretch. (also, i know its not my personnal job to educate you guys about Mizzou, but before you make a statement like "thats the only reason the kept Pinkel" maybe you should check out his career record against KU. Maybe the reason they kept him is the # of wins and bowl games is far beyond anything MU had the previous 20 years, just a thought :) )

HuskersForever,

You are so right on about the dissapointment angle though. I would not say "we" live on it. But its always in the back of your mind. You can only be kicked in the nuts soooooo many times before you come to expect it. Alot of fans will temper their expectations just to save the heartache when it all comes crashing down. Alot of upsets taken away at the last second, a lot of favorites bitten by the upset bug. Big seasons ending in dissapointment & NCAA Tourney favorites beat in the first round. The list goes on and on. Heck even when things do go good we get the shaft, 2007 Orange Bowl anyone... <_<

It is true there is no pain like being a Tigers fan... or in my case a Tigers/Royals/Chiefs fan :hmmph

:lol: