The greatest moment in recent history

At a hotel in Pensacola, FL. Some friends and I had gotten a party ball of Bud Light and stuffed it in the bath tub, filled the tub half full with water and ice, then had at it. Most of the other guys had to leave for the wedding rehearsal because they were in it. That left myself and one other guy. At the time the kick actually went through I almost put both of my hands through the ceiling from jumping so high. We then proceeded to run around the room screaming and cheering.

Ok, I am going to admit that I couldn't watch that moment in time while it was happening. It was cowardly of me, I admit. Especially since I normally watch every minute of every game, even the blowouts. I really figured the game was pretty much over and that CU would milk the clock for the "W", so I got up to feed the animals. DVRs are a Godsend, though, since I'm now able to relive the moment over and over!

But, it illustrates exactly why I usually watch every minute of most every game. Anything can happen at any time of any game. Even when the game is out of reach, I watch to see that they finish and don't roll over.

I must watch the game again tonight (or maybe just the 2nd half) - thanks for the awesome clip!

I was in the south stands about 90 rows up. Couldn't tell if the kick went through till I saw the fans on the opposite side explode. I still didn't believe it went in. I had to ask to make sure. Started acting like a crazy man. That's the loudest I have ever heard that stadium, and it continued until the end of the game. What a memory. In fact I just found the LJS this morning that I picked up the day after the game with Alex's picture on it. Best game I have been to.

The wife and watched the game on the telly in our home in Louisville, Kentucky. She hid her eyes and I watched. Have to admit, I thought he'd miss the kick and doubted Henery even had the foot to make it to the end zone because the distance seemed so great. And there was the wind factor as well, if I recall. If I remember correctly, didn't Bo call a time out (or was it Colorado?) and we saw Bo pull Henery to the side and say something to him. So, he boots the ball and I bet my motherinlaw in Lincoln heard my roar as I watched the ball sail thru the uprights. WHAT A KICK!! Then later, to see Suh roll over Hawkins, that was awesome! I've been to several Nebraska home games and two bowl games and I know how loud it can get. I'm amazed that everyone who was at Memorial that day didn't leave with some level of hearing damage! Can you imagine what people OUTSIDE the stadium must have thought when the kick made it and then when Suh scores his TD? Great game Huskers: you're on your way back to 'ORDER RESTORED!"

I was at home watching with my ma n sister ( NU Alum) since my dad was complaining about how terrible they were playing. I don't think i sat down from the first play of that drive. Once the kick went through i chest bumped my sister n mom ( probably a lil to hard) and ran around the house woo-ing then found my dad and chest bumped him while he was trying to paint or something. Sue running over Hawkins... nuf said. Great moment

I was at my parents with my uncle and cousins who were in town for Thanksgiving. I was pissed when they came back from commercial and showed Henery being sent out. I thought Adi was the only one with a chance to kick it from that far out. One of the greatest single moments in my 15 years of watching Husker football. I know the greater context around it wasn't too special considering it wasn't a national title season or anything, but based on pure excitement and amazement, it has to rank up there among the very best.

November 28 is now a Husker national holiday: Alex Henery Day.

:corndance

post-2531-1235425742.jpg

In my brother and sister in law's basement in Fremont...

Me: Sitting on the floor, hooded sweatshirt pulled up on my head like the uni-bomber in disgust after Ganz' huge loss.

Bro-in-law: kneeling beside me.

My wife: On couch behind me clutching pillow

Our 7 year old son: Sitting next to mom

Sis-in-law: Sitting in recliner...holding an 8 month old.

Niece: 2 1/2 years old, climbing in and out of a big cabinet under the entertainment center.

After the kick...we all go beszerk of course. My son does a WWE leap onto my back. 8 month old and 2 1/2 year old go ballistic crying because we scared the crap out of them.

At the game in the West stadium. I've never seen Memorial Stadium go so crazy. When Henry made that kick I picked up some young kid in front of me and started shaking him...weird I know. I saw 75 year old people falling and over hugging randoms. One of the most fun experiences of my life....

At a Coloradans for Nebraska Watch party!. Was going to travel to the game but plans changed due to son on leave from Marine Corps. About 250 Husker fans and maybe like four Beefalos. They were pretty cocky to say the least. Was on second Jack (double) and Coke. When they snapped the ball, I instantly got a chill. When the kick went up, I literally jumped up on my chair and started screaming "GOOOOOOOUSUNOVABCHGOOOOOOO" even before it went. When it went through, the whole place erupted, total pandemonium. I saw like four spilled drinks and a couple of dinners hit the floor as well.

Me, my wife, and my kids went nuts together.

It was the second greatest Husker moment.

The first? Why that's easy. 2001. Me and my dad (who wasn't really an NU fan at the time) go to our FIRST EVER game in Lincoln. Pass to Crouch. We bought some student tickets and were sitting underneath the upper deck in the east stadium on a clear but chilly day.

We will never forget that moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I was half drunk and angry that CU wasn't behind by 20 pts by then.

Upon the FG, I slammed my pitcher of beer down, shattering the coffee table, and screamed until i passed out headfirst into my LCD TV.

It was awesome.