Players Leaving

This sounds bad.

It can't be. Bo is still the coach! :)

You know, from some of remarks, it almost sounds like you want Bo to fail at Nebraska, just so you can say I told you so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you make alot of sarcastic remarks about Bo.

I really don’t believe that he wants Bo to fail because that would mean his favorite team would fail as well. I know there are people out there that are like that and we saw plenty of them from 2004-2007 but this isn’t the case here. I think this is more of a case of being tired of the “Bo can do no wrong and this cat can walk on water” crowd. I compare it to the way I feel about Obama, I don’t want him to fail because that would mean the country I love will fail but that doesn’t mean I can’t be tired of the Oprah crowd that swing by his balls on everything.

For the record Sipple knows more then any about what is actually going on down in Lincoln. If I’m not mistaken he has a pretty good relationship with Bo is actually around what is going on.

Players leave programs every year and especially the first few years after a coaching change. Nebraska football will move on no matter who the player is. It may take a few hits but it will move on.

It can't be. Bo is still the coach! :)

You know, from some of remarks, it almost sounds like you want Bo to fail at Nebraska, just so you can say I told you so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you make alot of sarcastic remarks about Bo.

I really don’t believe that he wants Bo to fail because that would mean his favorite team would fail as well. I know there are people out there that are like that and we saw plenty of them from 2004-2007 but this isn’t the case here. I think this is more of a case of being tired of the “Bo can do no wrong and this cat can walk on water” crowd. I compare it to the way I feel about Obama, I don’t want him to fail because that would mean the country I love will fail but that doesn’t mean I can’t be tired of the Oprah crowd that swing by his balls on everything.

I understand where you are coming from, but I think that the whole "too cool for school", aloof crowd needs to warm up a bit. There is nothing wrong with a little optimism, versus constant sarcastic cynicism. There is a happy medium between fairy tale hero worship of Bo and unabashed skepticism.

I myself wouldn't be too surprised, but I think alot of people who don't really "follow" Husker football will hear the name, realize it's a name they have heard alot with alot of hype, therefore will be surprised.

But, I myself don't think he will be a huge factor for the Huskers in the future. I actually think he may be a better DT. I just think he's not tall or fast enough to be a linebacker and there is better talent than him on the team at his position. I really think if he bulked up he could be a very good DT with leverage and quickness. Once again, JMO.

Dillard. JMHG.

He was the first that I thought of when I heard what Sipple said about more people leaving and being surprised by who it would be. This was just my opinion and not based on anything.

It is possible, I was thinking Castille. Who knows, hopefully no one leaves.

Sipple should have just sat on this until the appropriate time. All this does is start rumors flying around.

Bad Sipple!! :nutz

I heard that the aquarium guy said he saw a Uhaul parked in front of Suh's dorm with Bo helping him carry his stuff out at 3:07 am the other morning.

I myself wouldn't be too surprised, but I think alot of people who don't really "follow" Husker football will hear the name, realize it's a name they have heard alot with alot of hype, therefore will be surprised.

But, I myself don't think he will be a huge factor for the Huskers in the future. I actually think he may be a better DT. I just think he's not tall or fast enough to be a linebacker and there is better talent than him on the team at his position. I really think if he bulked up he could be a very good DT with leverage and quickness. Once again, JMO.

To be fair, we do not really know whether Compton (I assume he is in view) or the new guy from this class (Chris Williams) will be better than, equal to, or lesser than Dillard. They may have more talent, may not. Williams my not be healed by then to play. Compton has never played a down. That said....

I have to agree with you that Dillard is unlikely to be that much of a contributor next year were he to return --- but I would put it for a differenat reason --- not because he is to slow or too big, but rather he has appeared such most of the time because he has never been healthy. When he was close to healthy (very rare times) he showed some skills. Bottom line is this --- if Dillard left it would be to save his body for the future because he has never been healthy and is injury prone, and I'd understand that in a heartbeat. I'd thank him for his efforts and contributions and wish him well if he were to leave.

On the other hand, if Dillard were to be healthy I think he would be a contributor. I just doubt that he'd be healthy.

Finally, I hope that Compton and/or Williams or perhaps one of the walkons will have to step up. Even if Dillard is there, the next guy is a snap away from being the starter.

With the players leaving (4 so far this off season) and the rumors of another, what are we going to do with the scholorships?

Can we simply offer them next year, and not worry abou having such a small class, or maybe we should give them to worthy walk-ons.

I vote the latter...perhaps to-be-senior walk ons so we can get the best of both worlds.

As far as schollies, I don't think you just burn them on sophs or juniors unless they have really contributed and don't have a schollie(none I can think of). So, either give to senior so it will free up next year, bring in a top talent that may still be available for this year, or just save it. More than likely they will go to seniors or just be held on to.