DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

Aaron Fentress, The Oregonian, December 21, 2009 8:18 p.m.

David Douglas defensive end Owamagbe "Owa" Odighizuwa, rated by many recruiting services as the top college football recruit in the class of 2010 in the state, has concluded making official visits but is not close to making a decision where to attend college, David Douglas coach Dan Wood said.

Odighizuwa's mother, Abieyuwa Odighizuwa, said Monday she and her son would start considering his options after the holiday season. The first day letters on intent can be signed for football is Feb. 3.

Odighizuwa, currently in Orlando, Fla., with the David Douglas basketball team, has received offers from Florida, California, Nebraska, UCLA, USC, Oregon and Oregon State, according to Rivals.com.

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/new...-to-a-decision/

There is an article about OO on UCLA's Rivals site in which he says that he's on vacation right now, but he's already narrowed his list of schools even more. He said he doesn't want to announce his new list of just a few schools yet because he hasn't had a chance to notify all of the coaches of the schools that didn't make his final cut.

He said he might have a decision after his vacation, but he might take a little longer. He said he definitely doesn't want to take much longer though.

I think I would have to agree with those above that he'll go to Oregon.

Mature kid, his mother must be an amazing woman like most of our mothers have been to us.

Its weird, I have no ties to this kid at all, I have never met him, I have never seen him play and I have never met anyone in his family. Yet I really want to root for him and I want him to do well, no matter where he goes.

I bet he makes his mother very proud and I bet his brothers look up to him. I have a feeling that his teachers enjoy having him in class and are excited to see what he does in life.

Where ever he goes, good luck to him and congrats to him and his mother for the way she raised him.

I think that no matter where he goes, he will find out that Husker fans will be cheering for him.

Mature kid, his mother must be an amazing woman like most of our mothers have been to us.

Its weird, I have no ties to this kid at all, I have never met him, I have never seen him play and I have never met anyone in his family. Yet I really want to root for him and I want him to do well, no matter where he goes.

I bet he makes his mother very proud and I bet his brothers look up to him. I have a feeling that his teachers enjoy having him in class and are excited to see what he does in life.

Where ever he goes, good luck to him and congrats to him and his mother for the way she raised him.

I think that no matter where he goes, he will find out that Husker fans will be cheering for him.

Great article about SUH and all the defensive players being high on the mock draft boards.

Big 12 gets a bid nod too!!!! Will this help us land, OO and/or Cooper???

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...n&type=lgns

Great article about SUH and all the defensive players being high on the mock draft boards.

It can't hurt but I was surprised their first 5 players were all from the big 12.

It can't hurt but I was surprised their first 5 players were all from the big 12.

Yeah, interesting that there are about 8 or so Big 12 players in the top 16 and only 3 from the SEC.

A couple of scout boards said he trimmed his list down and that we werent on it.

I would be willing to bet that he ends up at Oregon. It is unfortunate. he could have been great here.

I dont see him ending up at USC because with everything that is happening now with Mcnight they might seriously be in trouble this time. I hope so but wouldnt count on it. Pete the Cheat might skip town if they are in trouble.