DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

The thing that doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me is that we are full. We have to "make room" for Cooper and Carnes. So if we truely were full why would we offer Simek if Owa wasnt coming. :dunno

Wow, now I've heard Owa chose Oregon State...crazy day :ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

Obviously I want him at NU, but I would be perfectly cool with him signing with OSU. I WOULD NOT be cool with him signing with Slick Rick because the man should be NO WHERE near college athletics with his rap sheet. Betting on intercollegiate sports, trashing 2 programs, and the NCAA is supposed to be a governing body???

If the kid chooses UCLA, makes you wonder how this^^^^^^ up there didn't make his checks and balances on his lists.

just said the same thing to my grandmother 30 minutes ago.

I'm still holding out hope. If Owa truly did tell our coaches today that he does not intend to come here then why have they not already re-extended a schol. offer to Simek. If Simek was truly waiting on whether or not Owa committed, then I think the coaches would notify him as soon as they knew and I would expect him to sign his LOI shortly after, and right now we would know about it. If Owa took this long to make a decision and he finally made it and told the coaches his decision then I think they would know he means what he says. Why wait until later in the day to extend an offer to Simek? Doesn't make sense to me.

Without Owa we'll have three years of Cam Meredith and four years of Jason Ankrah. Losing Owa would not ruin this recruiting class just like landing him won't make it stellar. We're better with him, of course, but we'll do just fine without him, too.

He sounds like the kind of kid I'd like to see wearing Red, so here's hoping he's N. But if not, I'm not going to be too upset.

Sorry I dont feel like going through all of the pages but I know he announces at 1:30 central, is this going to be on tv or is there somewhere I can see it online?

you can see it on espn360.com.

Only certain internet/cable providers have access, though. all college campuses have access I think.

I'm still holding out hope. If Owa truly did tell our coaches today that he does not intend to come here then why have they not already re-extended a schol. offer to Simek. If Simek was truly waiting on whether or not Owa committed, then I think the coaches would notify him as soon as they knew and I would expect him to sign his LOI shortly after, and right now we would know about it. If Owa took this long to make a decision and he finally made it and told the coaches his decision then I think they would know he means what he says. Why wait until later in the day to extend an offer to Simek? Doesn't make sense to me.

maybe they are trying to not burn a bridge? i mean the coach in question at owa's highschool might take offense at it. if owa isn't coming they probley have called simek and told him they have a spot open but to wait till 1:31 central to fax it.

They could be giving his scholly to marsh so that he doesn't have to grey shirt.

Maybe they don't want to step on Owa's announcement and agreed to wait til after he announces to make Simek official? I don't know, just an idea...

They could be giving his scholly to marsh so that he doesn't have to grey shirt.

All the rumors that I have read elsewhere, which seem to be the source of the rumors on this board, are saying that Owa notified the coaches that he is not coming here, and the coaches will offer the scholarship to Simek instead. It seems that these two go hand in hand according to those rumors, so either the whole rumor is true, or it is false. So I am really curious about what happens with Simek. If he signs with someone else I will totally discount all these rumors that I am hearing.