Guys to watch

glm09

1. Dylan

2. Dylan

3. Dylan

4. Dylan

5. Dylan

or.

1. Kody Spano - want to see why people think he has a good shot at starting.

2. Cody Green - obvious choice. "The Second Coming"

3. Ricky Henry - Has he figured out which direction to go yet?

4. Alonzo Whaley - big talk about this guy

5. Anthony Blue - How close is he to full speed?

Who is Dylan?

The five greatest rappers of all time.

HE SPITS HOT FIRE!

Reed - Him and McNeill will make up for the drop off we may have in the WR position

Meridith - Will see alot of PT based on lack of depth DE.

Mendoza - I think this is the year we start to utilize this speed

Castille - Everyones high on Helu but if Q can hang onto the ball hes gonna see alot of action

Gomes - Good chance he'll eventually be starting aside Blue

The five guys on the offensive line. If we can start to return to dominance, the issue of a (relatively) untested quarterback and receivers becomes much smaller - the line will be able to allow us to run effectively, which means that the passing game will have more "space" in which to operate, and Lee (presumably) will have more time and better lanes in which to make his reads and more time to do so.

1.) Marcel Jones - Is he ready to be our starting tackle?

2.) Jared Crick/Terrence Moore - Everyone talks about B Stein, while these are the two that are going to keep him from getting significant PT

3.) The Osborne Twins - I love tall safety's that can cover ground and ball-hawk. Steven/Courtney (i dont know which one is WR and which one is S) is going to be the next big, tall possesion WR for Nebraska (Mo Purify, Todd Peterson, Meno Holt)

4.) Cody Green/Zac Lee - I'm sorry but I just don't buy the talk about Spano having a shot here. It's a 2-man race for this job. Can we take to the bank that Green won't be redshirting?

5.) Will Compton/Alonzo Whaley/Sean Fisher - Plenty of talk about these Redshirt Frosh LB's. Which one(s) will rise to the challenge and recieve regular PT, or possibly even a starting job?

I agree with a lot of the players already mentioned. My 2 cents:

Lee/Spano/Green - I think this is Lee's job. Spano is a darkhorse and I would not be surprised to see him get playing time. Unless Green is just off the charts, I think he will redshirt.

Dennard/Amakamura/Blue - who emerges as a lock down starting CB? Or does someone take over for Culbert for depth at safety?

Holt/Brooks/Henry/Gilleylan - it's time...who is going to emerge as a critical WR for us.

Mendoza - how will he fit in getting touches in the offense.

Compton/Whaley/Fisher - I expect these LB's to compete hard and get playing time.

:woo

Fisher-may not get so see as much of Compton and Whaley as we think but Fisher should be starting.

Reed/Cotton, I look for a lot of two TE formations with Reed getting moved around like Mizzou used to move Coffman.

Zach Lee-duh

Khiry Cooper-can he be the playmaker we've been looking for?

Gomes-can he live up to the winter-hype?

My five is pretty standard

Lee/Spano/Green

Baker/Crick

Compton/Dillard/Fisher

Blue

Niles/Cooper/Gyllen/Brooks/Holt

Ricky Henry

Stein/Crick/Moore (we need this interior D position to be solid so teams will be forced to dble team someone other than Suh. Ty Stein. did yeoman's duty in that regard)

Zac Lee/Spano. There is absolutely no reason not to r/s Cody as long as Lee and Spano are good to go. If one of them goes down, THEN consider taking off his shirt. Taylor Martinez, anyone?

Whoever is center.

Whoever is long-snapper.

The five guys on the offensive line. If we can start to return to dominance, the issue of a (relatively) untested quarterback and receivers becomes much smaller - the line will be able to allow us to run effectively, which means that the passing game will have more "space" in which to operate, and Lee (presumably) will have more time and better lanes in which to make his reads and more time to do so.

Agreed. Not as flashy as a quarterback or receiver, but probably the biggest question mark coming into next season.

Keith Williams

Latravis Washington

Alfonso Dennard

Jared Crick

Andy Christensen

I’m watching these five guys. They don’t necessarily get a lot of big headlines, in fact some are sleepers. But I think we may see a couple of them step up and make contributions. Hopefully anyway.

L. Washington...was recruited by the last staff and in my opinion, he needs to step up big time. This kid, and why he was offered a scholarship by the last staff, puzzles me. I've heard he's not that bright to begin with and more perplexing, if true, is he's not fast enough for to be a LB in Pelini's system and he's not strong / quick enough to play DE. To be fair though from what I've heard he has also battled injuries most of the time he's been here...so who knows.

N. Paul...I understand he played behind two upperclassmen but as of yet I've been pretty unimpressed. He doesn't seem to run very good routes, he doesn't seem to have the quick, loose hips to cut and gain separation from a quality DB and his speed appears to be slightly above average at best.

T Marlowe...Word on the street is this kid will surprise a lot of folks and has the "one to watch for" designation. There have been whispers about this kid tearing it up on returning punts and kick-offs so we'll see.

K. Reed...TE, H-Back, FB, this kid is so versatile who knows where he'll end up or how much he'll see the field.

K. Cooper...How good can this kid be missing every spring practice because he's playing baseball? From an athletic standpoint there's no question he's a true talent. But it takes a lot of time to develop the timing necessary between a QB and WR.