Bo v. Snyder.....gonna be interesting

I look for Bo to run his game plan. If it gets onesided. I do not see Bo running up the score for any reason. He is a new Head Coach that does not need to make enemies. I think he is maturing and that would show more of it.

KState will have major problems this year, but that old man will turn them around, and hopefully for them he will find some one to take the reins for them soon. It says a lot about his character to come back and try to revive the program. I would rather have seen him do it like Coach Osborne did.

Snyder may be a great coach, but he has a couple of things that play against him in his re-instated coaching career.

1) Recruiting. No major traditions and the school has had poor coaching in it's career. It will take a great coach a couple of years to make them a North contender (like what Snyder did before). So, they aren't going anywhere soon.

2) Bad location. The closest airport to Manhattan is hours away, so flying recruits in takes awhile and it's completely surrounded by farm land and no major city.

3) Small fan base, little tradition, few boosters and low income compared to other B12 schools.

4) No great quarterback recruit. All they have right now are a couple of guys who have been in the system behind Josh Freeman with little if any starting time. They're all unproven.

Snyder may be a great coach, but he has a couple of things that play against him in his re-instated coaching career.

1) Recruiting. No major traditions and the school has had poor coaching in it's career. It will take a great coach a couple of years to make them a North contender (like what Snyder did before). So, they aren't going anywhere soon.

2) Bad location. The closest airport to Manhattan is hours away, so flying recruits in takes awhile and it's completely surrounded by farm land and no major city.

3) Small fan base, little tradition, few boosters and low income compared to other B12 schools.

4) No great quarterback recruit. All they have right now are a couple of guys who have been in the system behind Josh Freeman with little if any starting time. They're all unproven.

Also, the class before this one (though it may be true for both––I don't remember) was L-O-A-D-E-D with JUCOs. Prince cut the wrist of a dying man before he left, leaving a huge talent debt on Snyder's second coming. They are going to be stripped of everything but the tacky purple wallpaper in a year or so. I have no idea how a has-been like Snyder is expecting to turn the corner with what he's got.

Methusela Snyder doesn't have enough energy or viable life left to catch lightening in a bottle for a second time. His program was on a downward tailspin when he retired the first time and turned the reins over to Prince.

The horseflesh in his stable is in the cellar and inadequate to jump start his competitiveness with Bo during the rest of Methusela's lifetime. (Did I mention he was old?)

The next half decade or so he is only going to lose energy and competitive drive at a faster clip. No more working effectively 18 hours a day for days on end. (Did I mention that his program was in a downward tailspin when he retired the first time?)

Methusela Snyder won't revive his program enough to beat Bo. Something like Spanky Neuheisel at Colorado never defeating Tom Osborne. (Did I mention Snyder didn't have enough time or energy because he was too old?) He won't catch lightening in a bottle twice. Take it to the bank.

The games with KSU will be those types of yesteryear, when we used to get a good look at the second string players early in the 3rd quarter. No, Bo will keep it classy and not purposefully run the score up on Methusela. But Bo may have to revert to the 3rd string to avoid totally spanking his ass and humiliating Methusela Snyder on an annual basis. And....I can't freaking wait!!

Oh, and one more thing. In the days of yore when we often had the game well in hand, such as against Kstate, that we even got a look at our 3rd string quarterback during the final minutes of a game. Well, look for that possibility to surface on a more frequent basis again. This year's game with Kstate may well be the first game in years where we get a good look at the 3rd string quarterback and others.

Did I mention I can't freaking wait?

Oh, and one more thing. In the days of yore when we often had the game well in hand, such as against Kstate, that we even got a look at our 3rd string quarterback during the final minutes of a game. Well, look for that possibility to surface on a more frequent basis again. This year's game with Kstate may well be the first game in years where we get a good look at the 3rd string quarterback and others.

Did I mention I can't freaking wait?

My feeling is that Bo will not try to run up the score, because his boss might not like it. HOWEVER, that does not mean that the score may not be run up anyway, because TO never tried to run it up on out-manned opponents, but the score was ugly many times regardless. If Bo has his second and third string it and Mr. Burns can't keep the score down, so be it. No foul on Bo, and maybe Martinez gets some snaps at QB.

Win-win......unless you're Mr. Burns. :cop:

Bo gave Snyder props when the guy got rehired at KSU, maybe the '03 incident will be fairly water-under-the-bridge.

Plus while Bo did get mouthy he was right about the score being run-up. Keeping starters in during a blow-out game after we brought our subs in for senior-day was totally classless. It is as simple as this, if El had gotten hurt during that last series would KSU fans have gone "oh well" or would they have been saying "why the hell was he still in there?".

I think Bo has more class than intentionally running up the score, however - if he puts in 2nd and 3rd stringers, they are going to play their best game possible, and if the score happens to get out of hand, so be it...nothing you can do about kids wanting to play their best and impress. Every coach is aware of that fact - and there is nothing you can do about it.

I think if Bo were to leave the 1st team in with the score getting out of hand, Dr. Tom would probably in his own quiet way have a talk to him after the game...something that Bo would not enjoy, as I think he has a lot of respect for Osborne.

My point was I do not think it would be looked upon favorably by our AD. Bill and Tom are pretty good friends I have heard.

I can see the score getting away, but I doubt Bo will intentionaly run it up. That is what I am hoping for.

Coach Snyder had a couple of not so good years before he left, but prior to that he had done a lot with very little. He knows how to do it no matter his age, but as someone mentioned will he have the drive to do it.

Time will tell. I wish him luck, it shows his love for the game, the kids and the competition. I respect that in him. And as far as age goes, you are only as old as you feel. 63 years old, did a 50 mile mountain bike ride over the weekend, camped out in the snow and road snow for a little over ten miles at 7000 feet. Never count us geezers out until we can not breath.

Bo might have to run up the score in this one. Looking at K-State's schedule, the end of the season is murderous (it would be for anyone: OU, KU, MU, NU) and they are probably going to find themselves on the wrong end of some blowouts. By not running up the score, it may look to the omnipotent voters that we were not as strong of a team as others may appear to be. At this point in the season we'll need all of the votes we can get to combat the usual logjam at the top of the BCS standings. Playing to be #1 or 2 will leave Bo no choice but to run it up on old Snyder.

My point was I do not think it would be looked upon favorably by our AD. Bill and Tom are pretty good friends I have heard.

I can see the score getting away, but I doubt Bo will intentionaly run it up. That is what I am hoping for.

Coach Snyder had a couple of not so good years before he left, but prior to that he had done a lot with very little. He knows how to do it no matter his age, but as someone mentioned will he have the drive to do it.

Time will tell. I wish him luck, it shows his love for the game, the kids and the competition. I respect that in him. And as far as age goes, you are only as old as you feel. 63 years old, did a 50 mile mountain bike ride over the weekend, camped out in the snow and road snow for a little over ten miles at 7000 feet. Never count us geezers out until we can not breath.

Holy sh#t. Are you Chuck Norris?