LB Jeff Luc

Player: Jeff Luc

Hometown: Port St. Lucie, FL

Position: LB

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 230 lbs.

40 time: N/A

Visit Date: TBD

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami (FL), Ole Miss, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, USC, Southern Miss, UCF

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: rating.gifrating.gifrating.gifrating.gifrating.gif

Scout: rating.gifrating.gifrating.gifrating.gifrating.gif

#1 MLB

ESPN Grade: N/A

Assessing the talent: "Luc may be the most physically, superior linebacker in this class, hands down. Has prototypical size with his compact, thickly-built body and possesses very little body fat on his bulky 241-pound frame. Has longer, stronger arms to keep blockers off his body. Plays the game extremely tough, aggressive and physical. Consistently is around the football making plays even in pass coverage. His strength lies at the point of attack where he shows great short-area power and explosiveness. One of the better downhill fillers we have seen in recent years. Rarely turned out of the hole. Needs to polish up hand technique but scrapes well over trash when pursuing off-tackle and stays square eliminating cutback creases. Not real fast-twitched but quick enough to beat blockers to the hole and has adequate-to-good lateral agility and mobility sifting through the wash. Effective blitzer with his good timing and ability to generate great power and velocity quickly in the short-area. He may lack great speed on paper but has good football range for a stout inside run stopper and flashes equally impressive sideline-to-sideline chase speed. Can lumber a bit but closes hard, fast and with a nasty attitude. Textbook tackler who drives his hips through ball carriers with great force; rarely ever any second efforts by backs. Our main concern is his lack of great hip-fluidity and sharp change-of-direction skill; these weaker areas are often masked by his great intensity and direct pursuit angles to the ball. May have a bit of trouble slipping the faster cutoff block at the next level and mirroring quicker backs on inside zone schemes if employed strictly in the middle. Lacks great reactive athleticism and could get caught up in the fast moving traffic. That said, it's hard to find many physical flaws in Luc's game filling downhill and he will surprise you with his deceptive athleticism, particularly in space; could play the strong side in certain schemes. Upside may be limited but Luc is ready to make the college jump right now and should see early playing time."

- from ESPN

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 2%. Holds roughly 40 scholarship offers, but apparently he wants to visit.

654193.jpg

I'll go out on a limb and say that if Jeff Luc decides to come to Nebraska, it would be one of the greatest recruiting victories for Nebraska in the last 15 years, possibly ever.

That being said, I am not getting my hopes up at all with that offer list.

it would take something special to get this guy out of Florida. extremely doubtful.

654193.jpg

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 2%. Holds roughly 40 scholarship offers, but apparently he wants to visit.

I look at it this way, if the kid wants to visit then the Huskers have just as good a shot with this kid as anyone.

And if he comes for the spring game I'd say the odds of luring him to Lincoln go up by 10% at least.

654193.jpg

I look at it this way, if the kid wants to visit then the Huskers have just as good a shot with this kid as anyone.

And if he comes for the spring game I'd say the odds of luring him to Lincoln go up by 10% at least.

I agree, a visit for the spring game would be huge in our chances to get Luc to come to Nebraska.

Post from February on this guy:

Florida LB looking West

If you're looking for next year's version of linebacker Vontaze Burfict (Corona, Calif./ Centennial), make sure to check out hitting machine Jeff Luc (Port St. Lucie, Fla./ Treasure Coast).

Burfict was arguably the most physical linebacker in the nation last year. He didn't just hit you, he tried to take you out of the game and run right through you. He played with an edge that made it very uncomfortable to play against and you had to always keep your head on a swivel or the next play could be your last.

Luc plays with that same nastiness and all you need to do is watch the first three plays of his highlight tape to see what an impressive talent he is. Luc may not have the overall athleticism of the future Sun Devil, but he brings the same hitting ability and tough, aggressive play.

"In the last two weeks, everyone has been offering him," Treasure Coast coach Aaron Sheppard said. "USC, North Carolina, Georgia, Notre Dame, Nebraska and Southern Miss all offered last week.

"Florida and Miami offered the week before. He is already a very good player but he has a real chance to be special down the line."

As a junior, Luc earned third team all-state honors after totaling 112 tackles, nine sacks and five forced fumbles.

"I don't plan to make an early commitment anywhere, I want to go through the recruiting process," Luc said. "Right now, I like Florida, Miami, Florida State, Texas and USC.

"This is the biggest decision of my life so I really want to check out all my options before I decide on a school. I went to Florida's Junior Day and will also be going to the NIKE Camp at Miami."

He however isn't narrowing down anything, yet. From March:

Elite LB Luc discusses recruiting

HIALEAH, Fla. -- It's no secret that college programs swarm South Florida and its rich talent base. The current crop of prospects is no different. Here's a look at some of the recruiting news, notes and scuttlebutt coming out of Saturday's Miami Nike combine.

One of the most heavily recruited prospects at the event did not test, but came with his coaches to support his teammates, even skipping an invite to Florida State's junior day to do so. Linebacker Jeff Luc (Port Saint Lucie, Fla./Treasure Coast) spoke about his current recruiting status and appears to be wide open to all comers.

"I just wanted to come out here and support my teammates and show that I'm behind them and that I really care about them," Luc said, adding that he probably would have participated in the combine were it not for the fact that he is gearing up to participate in the Nike Football Training Camp this coming Sunday at the University of Miami.

"I did not think [the recruiting process] would come this fast, but it's been a blessing," he said. "I give the credit to my coaching staff and my teammates. I don't think it would be possible without them."

Luc, who had more than 20 tackles for loss last season, has scholarship offers from more than 30 programs including Florida, Southern California, Miami (Fla.), Notre Dame, Ohio State and Georgia, plus most of the rest of the Southeastern and Atlantic Coast Conferences.

"I am open to everybody," he said. "Everybody has a chance. I am willing to visit any school that wants me. All of the schools are recruiting me pretty hard."

Luc did give some general thoughts about some of the in-state programs.

"With Florida State, I love the coaching staff," he said. "I did not get to go up there to see the facilities or meet the athletes. Maybe I will have the chance to do that sooner or later. I may go up there for their spring game. I like the coaching staff with the Hurricanes. I like all the coaching staffs at Florida, Miami and Florida State."

He added that he would love to visit Southern California and plans to head to Los Angeles at some point to check out the Trojans.

Luc talked about the factors that he is going to weigh when he makes his final decision.

"I am going to be looking at everything, but mostly academics," Luc said. "Then, I am going to be looking at the playing time and if I will be able to fit in the defensive scheme and also who all I will be competing with and I will see how well their defense is and if I fit in with the coaches."