Mobile Version

Hi,

I'm a web developer myself, and die hard husker fan. I really like keeping up with everything that is going on in the Husker world, and check this site almost daily. I thought it would be really great to make a mobile version of the website. I would be willing to build it this summer, so it would be life for the next season, if I could get support from the other staff.

What say you?

First, thanks to huskerpilot for the offer. And thanks to everyone for their input.

It turns out that there are plans to upgrade the Board's software - probably sometime this summer so that it's ready for the new season. If the software includes a mobile version, that will be implemented with the upgrade. If not, we'll probably look for a mod that's specific to the software for a mobile version. So, one way or the other, plans are in place for a mobile version - no firm deadline yet, but it's in the works.

Again, thanks huskerpilot for the offer. We appreciate it.

What would be different in the mobile version?

I already check the site on my phone sometimes and it works just as good as it does on my comp. Just curious.

Just how easily it loads and times vs being on the computer... I know i've had problems with actually posting at times with just using the site... if you want a good example of the difference check out these 2 sites below... Both work great on the phone.. just one is wayyyy quicker and clearer!

Rivals College Baseball Clubhouse - Normal Site

Rivals College Baseball Clubhouse - Mobile Site

First, thanks to huskerpilot for the offer. And thanks to everyone for their input.

It turns out that there are plans to upgrade the Board's software - probably sometime this summer so that it's ready for the new season. If the software includes a mobile version, that will be implemented with the upgrade. If not, we'll probably look for a mod that's specific to the software for a mobile version. So, one way or the other, plans are in place for a mobile version - no firm deadline yet, but it's in the works.

Again, thanks huskerpilot for the offer. We appreciate it.

Any word on the new software?

What would be different in the mobile version?

I already check the site on my phone sometimes and it works just as good as it does on my comp. Just curious.

It would be more optimized. The text would fit your screen so you wouldnt have to scroll around so much, much like google, or amazon have a mobile version of their website. I find it tedious to check the website on my iphone, even though its very doable, its just annoying to scroll so much and on an EDGE connection its very slow.

Am I crazy, or isn't the Lo-Fi Version the mobile version?

It certainly helps that way, but it really isn't intended for mobile devices - it was really for those with dial-up or slow DSL access. It primarily strips away a lot of the graphics and other "eye candy", but it doesn't provide substitute controls for functions that you would find with a true mobile version.

• 2 weeks later...