Cody Glenn was Selling Tickets

If the statutory rape story is true, what did the University do improperly?

Oh, I don't know. Only covering up a *serious sexual crime!!!

* Unlike the opinions many of you have expressed, yes this would be a BIG deal if it really was stat. rape. And for those who already cast doubt on the young woman's character ahead of Cody's. You should be ashamed of yourselves, especially about your views on women! <_<

There is a great deal of difference between 'rape' and 'statutory rape.' Rape is a crime of violence. Statutory rape is an act committed by two people one of whom is not of legal age. When the elder is a male it is often punished by our legal system. But let's look at it from the opposite side. What if an older female has sex with an underage male? I can hear a lot of father's saying, "Atta boy son."

T_O_B

The point I'm trying to make is, IF any of this is true, and I have no knowledge that it is. It's B.S. for people to assume that it was just some floozy teen girl. Before considering some of the many other feasible, and quite a bit uglier possibilities.

I just don't believe that anyone within the program (Bo, TO, etc.) would have made the decision to keep this private without making sure it was perfectly legal to do so. That would just be really really dumb. And so I stand by my original three predictions:

1. Nothing will happen to the University or the football program

2. Nothing will happen to Cody Glenn (aside from maybe a private slap on the wrist)

3. We will never know for certain what actually happened

I just don't believe that anyone within the program (Bo, TO, etc.) would have made the decision to keep this private without making sure it was perfectly legal to do so. That would just be really really dumb. And so I stand by my original three predictions:

1. Nothing will happen to the University or the football program

2. Nothing will happen to Cody Glenn (aside from maybe a private slap on the wrist)

I agree.

Naturally, this could not have been covered up by Bo, TO, and Athletic Department. We all know TO. Do his values really make any of you think he'd be involved in a cover up?

Plus what about the girl and her family? They could have pressed charges, but maybe they just decided to drop them? Maybe both parties went their separate ways because there was no evidence to pursue Glenn with, other than word of mouth? Or maybe nothing happened at all with a girl and it was something way less series?

Had to quote that one more time, considering that you are absolutely right.

* Unlike the opinions many of you have expressed, yes this would be a BIG deal if it really was stat. rape. And for those who already cast doubt on the young woman's character ahead of Cody's. You should be ashamed of yourselves, especially about your views on women! <_<

There is a great deal of difference between 'rape' and 'statutory rape.' Rape is a crime of violence. Statutory rape is an act committed by two people one of whom is not of legal age. When the elder is a male it is often punished by our legal system. But let's look at it from the opposite side. What if an older female has sex with an underage male? I can hear a lot of father's saying, "Atta boy son."

T_O_B

The point I'm trying to make is, IF any of this is true, and I have no knowledge that it is. It's B.S. for people to assume that it was just some floozy teen girl. Before considering some of the many other feasible, and quite a bit uglier possibilities.

I totally agree with you 'statutory rape' is very different from 'rape.' You can have two young people who are 'in love' and 'care for each other' and the only crime that is committed is that one of them is 18 years old and one is 17 years old.

T_O_B

T_O_B

I totally agree with you 'statutory rape' is very different from 'rape.' You can have two young people who are 'in love' and 'care for each other' and the only crime that is committed is that one of them is 18 years old and one is 17 years old.

T_O_B

I again post my original reply to why statutory rape is especially swept under the rug often.

I know everyone wants to blame Cody, TO, Bo, etc. But maybe the person to really blame here you never hear about. I am in the party leaning towards the stat rape theory for obvious reasons really(kept quiet, where tix wouldn't be). Now, the reason it was kept quiet can be many, but if I had to put myself as the parent of a young lady this may be how it looked.

My daughter is stupid and decides to get a fake ID to get into the bar. She's 17 but could def pass for 21. She meets Cody, they go home together, and what happens every night of the week after bars close happens here. Cody thinks, "Cool, I just scored a hot at least 21 year old."

Then sh#t happens. She is bragging to friends about it also, and eventually parents find out(or Cody contacts her thinking no big issue but finds out different). The father is pissed but exactly who is to blame? I know, some think a girl under 18 is still a kid, but if they can make life and death situations with a car, then that "kid" is an adult in my book. 17 year olds know what's right, what's wrong, and what they are doing. Do they make great decisions at this age as much as they would when older, No, but responsiblity must be put in the right places in these type of decisions.

So, the daughter doesn't want her name smeared around, neither does her Dad, and really if this is how it happened how could you ever put a case together together to prove Cody "knew" he was doing wrong? Anyways, everyone agrees to make it easiest for everyone, except Bo has to discipline No matter what the case unfortunately, so hello suspension.

Now, if Cody knowingly had sex with an underage girl, then yes, bad parents, and bad TO, and bad Bo.

If I'm reading these "endless" posts correctly, we have two theories:

A: Glenn sold tickets and got caught. (Turns out not to be true, according to Glenn and the University)

B: Glenn committed statutory rape. (Not proven, or unproven)

Since "A" has been disproven, a lot of people assume "B" to be true. This is a very logical way of thinking if the alphabet consisted of two letters. However, might I remind everyone of letters "C" through "Z".

C. Cody got caught by teamates with illegal drugs, but did not fail a drug test. No NCAA violation, however against team rules. Bo kept it quiet not to put a bad light on the program, but gave Cody his punishment. Cody didn't want to tell the NFL so we could keep from losing any small chance he had.

D. Cody was involved in a physical confrontation with the coaching staff. Bo Pelini doesn't want the public to know his players are insubordinate, Cody doesn't want to look like a disrespectful punk to future coaches. Off the team, problem solved.

E. Cody got caught with an "adult" female in the team training room. Bo would be more than happy to tell the world, but Cody didn't want his girlfriend to know.

F. Cody was trying to get money from a booster, Bo found out before it happened, kicked him off the team before any infractions and a shadow fell on the program.

G, H I JKLMN......(etc.)

I claim none of these to be true, and I'm not trying to start more rumors

I'm just trying to point out that there are countless possibilities of what happened. The public will probably never know. But I do think it is sad that just because situation "A" has been proved to be untrue, people assume the "VERY" ugly option of "B" is. Especially when it is based on nothing but assumptions.

However, someone on here may not be assuming. They could very well know with complete certainty. I suggest unless you care to share how one would know with complete certainty, respect the wishes of the people involved (if it is the victim/family) and keep your trap shut!

Thank you, that was fun :dunno

If I'm reading these "endless" posts correctly, we have two theories:

A: Glenn sold tickets and got caught. (Turns out not to be true, according to Glenn and the University)

B: Glenn committed statutory rape. (Not proven, or unproven)

Since "A" has been disproven, a lot of people assume "B" to be true. This is a very logical way of thinking if the alphabet consisted of two letters. However, might I remind everyone of letters "C" through "Z".

C. Cody got caught by teamates with illegal drugs, but did not fail a drug test. No NCAA violation, however against team rules. Bo kept it quiet not to put a bad light on the program, but gave Cody his punishment. Cody didn't want to tell the NFL so we could keep from losing any small chance he had.

D. Cody was involved in a physical confrontation with the coaching staff. Bo Pelini doesn't want the public to know his players are insubordinate, Cody doesn't want to look like a disrespectful punk to future coaches. Off the team, problem solved.

E. Cody got caught with an "adult" female in the team training room. Bo would be more than happy to tell the world, but Cody didn't want his girlfriend to know.

F. Cody was trying to get money from a booster, Bo found out before it happened, kicked him off the team before any infractions and a shadow fell on the program.

G, H I JKLMN......(etc.)

I claim none of these to be true, and I'm not trying to start more rumors

I'm just trying to point out that there are countless possibilities of what happened. The public will probably never know. But I do think it is sad that just because situation "A" has been proved to be untrue, people assume the "VERY" ugly option of "B" is. Especially when it is based on nothing but assumptions.

However, someone on here may not be assuming. They could very well know with complete certainty. I suggest unless you care to share how one would know with complete certainty, respect the wishes of the people involved (if it is the victim/family) and keep your trap shut!

Thank you, that was fun :dunno

Probably the most intelligent thing I've read so far. I posted something similar a few pages back, but my example was little bit more dramatic and far-fetched lol.

But still, the fact of the matter is we really have nothing to work with ehre and probably will never have anything to work with.

T_O_B

T_O_B

I again post my original reply to why statutory rape is especially swept under the rug often.

I know everyone wants to blame Cody, TO, Bo, etc. But maybe the person to really blame here you never hear about. I am in the party leaning towards the stat rape theory for obvious reasons really(kept quiet, where tix wouldn't be). Now, the reason it was kept quiet can be many, but if I had to put myself as the parent of a young lady this may be how it looked.

My daughter is stupid and decides to get a fake ID to get into the bar. She's 17 but could def pass for 21. She meets Cody, they go home together, and what happens every night of the week after bars close happens here. Cody thinks, "Cool, I just scored a hot at least 21 year old."

Then sh#t happens. She is bragging to friends about it also, and eventually parents find out(or Cody contacts her thinking no big issue but finds out different). The father is pissed but exactly who is to blame? I know, some think a girl under 18 is still a kid, but if they can make life and death situations with a car, then that "kid" is an adult in my book. 17 year olds know what's right, what's wrong, and what they are doing. Do they make great decisions at this age as much as they would when older, No, but responsiblity must be put in the right places in these type of decisions.

So, the daughter doesn't want her name smeared around, neither does her Dad, and really if this is how it happened how could you ever put a case together together to prove Cody "knew" he was doing wrong? Anyways, everyone agrees to make it easiest for everyone, except Bo has to discipline No matter what the case unfortunately, so hello suspension.

Now, if Cody knowingly had sex with an underage girl, then yes, bad parents, and bad TO, and bad Bo.

If this, then that...

He did, she said...

A very true thing is that if you assume, you make an ass of you and me..

None of us has any concrete evidence of any thing.

T_O_B

Thank you TOB.

ASS U ME

Just for the people that might not get what you're talking about.

I've been a long time reader of the board but not a contributor. I actually signed up because of this topic. In my original post (months ago) I stated that statutory rape can NOT be decided by the people involved. If the University were to know of such situation they would be "required" to notify the state.

I have a hard time believing Bo Pelini, Tom Osborne, and any other state employees would risk criminal charges of abstruction of justice. A "cover up" is not an NCAA violation, it is not a tarnish on the program, it is an absolute CRIMINAL offence.

I have no idea what happened, some may, but tell me please: Why would anyone in the athletic dept (especially someone involved in our own state government) commit a crime to protect a player that is no longer on the UNL roster. Even if Cody Glenn was a 5-star record breaking QB, I'd have a hard time believing that TO would knowingly do this (not as an "Upstanding Christian Man", but as a very public official)

If someone knows for certain that these allegations of statutory rape are correct, please notify law enforcement (not the media). These are charges that are brought by the STATE not the victim. If you don't have enough proof to convince Bruening then you don't have enough proof to convince this board.

Give it up already!

:restore of this board

Thank you TOB.

ASS U ME

I've been a long time reader of the board but not a contributor. I actually signed up because of this topic. In my original post (months ago) I stated that statutory rape can NOT be decided by the people involved. If the University were to know of such situation they would be "required" to notify the state.

I have a hard time believing Bo Pelini, Tom Osborne, and any other state employees would risk criminal charges of abstruction of justice. A "cover up" is not an NCAA violation, it is not a tarnish on the program, it is an absolute CRIMINAL offence.

I have no idea what happened, some may, but tell me please: Why would anyone in the athletic dept (especially someone involved in our own state government) commit a crime to protect a player that is no longer on the UNL roster. Even if Cody Glenn was a 5-star record breaking QB, I'd have a hard time believing that TO would knowingly do this (not as an "Upstanding Christian Man", but as a very public official)

If someone knows for certain that these allegations of statutory rape are correct, please notify law enforcement (not the media). These are charges that are brought by the STATE not the victim; In most cases the state is notified by the victims family, althought if a person knows of the situation and does not notify authorities they are guilty of abstruction. Example: You have seen your neighbor have inappropriate contact with the little girl across the street, her parents think he is a "sweet old man that likes to hug" Do you respect the wishes of the parent, or do you turn the old man in that likes to play grab ass with 6 year olds. If you don't have enough proof to convince Bruening then you don't have enough proof to convince this board.

Give it up already!

Thank you TOB.

ASS U ME

If someone knows for certain that these allegations of statutory rape are correct, please notify law enforcement (not the media). These are charges that are brought by the STATE not the victim. If you don't have enough proof to convince Bruening then you don't have enough proof to convince this board.

Give it up already!

Thank you.

T_O_B

Thank you TOB.

ASS U ME

Give it up already!

You're saying it takes more proof to convince a message board than it does to convince the Attorney General? I hope thats not the case

You are correct in alot of what you've said above regarding the legal implications. This is why I said the University is gonna take a big credibility hit when this is made public.

Thank you TOB.

ASS U ME

Give it up already!

You're saying it takes more proof to convince a message board than it does to convince the Attorney General? I hope thats not the case

You are correct in alot of what you've said above regarding the legal implications. This is why I said the University is gonna take a big credibility hit when this is made public.

To some Husker fans on just about any Husker Board, yes it does. That's just one of the beautiful things about this and these boards.

T_O_B

T_O_B

If this, then that...

He did, she said...

A very true thing is that if you assume, you make an ass of you and me..

None of us has any concrete evidence of any thing.

T_O_B

I gave this theory for the people that just want to thrown Cody under the bus if he committed stat rape. I just want to point out to others that things can happen certain ways where this kind of crime isn't just black and white. There can be alot of gray area. I'm also not going to stone Cody if he didn't know how old she was if they met at a place where everyone has to be of a certain age to enter. I just don't like when people think it's always right to criminally punish someone when the circumstances the crime happened under were not on the up and up.

I may have to side with brasky on this one. I remember awhile back when them OU guys got in trouble with the whole car dealership thing, someone posted something about it a while before it got public. So, with that in mind, I won't rule out the whole underage thing. I just with our athletic department would just come 100% clean with all the details, so the rumors and speculation and be put to rest. Something still feels really fishy about this entire thing.

There is nothing fishy about it at all.

And it's sad really, because people are going to question the University, when in reality, they are taking the high road even though they are getting abused publicly.

And really, if it were something shady, someone would have been more than happy to bust this story by now. Especially since Cody made these comments about a big rules violation.