Things are looking up so far!

Those rankings and $2.00 and you're still short of a grande latte at Starbucks. Meaningless drivel meant to fill pages.

You may want to go see a doctor about that green with envy condition. :laughpound

Sorry.. I've said the same thing every year since they've been doing this. No one knows who will get hurt in fall practice, who will quit, who will get booted for DUI's...

Truth be told, I put Missouri and Nebraska in the same "Big Question Mark" category. Neither team even has a starting QB yet, both have to replace their receiving corps, both lost O-lineman, LB's etc.

Long way to August.

Those rankings and $2.00 and you're still short of a grande latte at Starbucks. Meaningless drivel meant to fill pages.

You may want to go see a doctor about that green with envy condition. :laughpound

Sorry.. I've said the same thing every year since they've been doing this. No one knows who will get hurt in fall practice, who will quit, who will get booted for DUI's...

Truth be told, I put Missouri and Nebraska in the same "Big Question Mark" category. Neither team even has a starting QB yet, both have to replace their receiving corps, both lost O-lineman, LB's etc.

Long way to August.

We actually didn't lose any linebackers of substance to my recollection, besides Glenn, who is easily replaceable.

....Am I forgetting someone?

Long way to August.

We actually didn't lose any linebackers of substance to my recollection, besides Glenn, who is easily replaceable.

....Am I forgetting someone?

Wortman, but he was just a steady guy who played because we were redshirting all those young guys and he "technically" had the most experience.

We also didn't lose our most productive quarterback, WR, and TE in school history, like Missouri did. Our missing pieces are easier to replace, especially considering we didn't lose as many starters.

I agree that preseason rankings are misleading. However, I also agree that the love-fest for Norte Dame needs to stop. I'm really not too sure how you can look at last season and put them above the likes of KU, Utah, Clemson, just to name a couple. I realize that they look at what players graduated, left early for the draft, etc. But come on, Norte Dame didn't do anything with the people that they are keeping and now saying that they are top 25 material? I realize, KU for example, loses all their LB's I believe, but they weren't as reliant on a defense that held a team to 10 points, as they had a potent offense. The 3 big studs, assuming that Briscoe is making it back (sorry haven't heard much on this for awhile), to run the offense. Sorry I'm not as in depth with a lot of the "politics" side of CFB as some of you and this is merely my opinion. :rant

Notre dame makes me want to punch babies.

With the on-paper talent they bring in they should be as dominant if not more so than Ohio State. Yet the reality is they have to scrape to beat cupcakes. They didn't even have a first down during the first half of the USC game last year, and people expect them to be in the top 25? The major sports media outlets must be on crack. How anyone can look into the crystal ball and see anything but Charlie Weis walking down a dark corridor with his office personals in a cardboard box is beyond me. Un-freaking-believable.

We also didn't lose our most productive quarterback, WR, and TE in school history, like Missouri did. Our missing pieces are easier to replace, especially considering we didn't lose as many starters.

We also didn't lose our OC to another school.

You forgot that the DC left for the NFL too...

Both replaced by long-time assistants. That's the least of Mizzou's worries.... did you happen to see the Mizzou defense, by the way... not a big loss, IMO. A little too Cosgrovian for me.

and... "Cosgrovian" is my copyrighted word. Means All F'd Up.