SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Interesting about what they said about Green not being an ideal fit pounding it between the tackles from the I.

I somewhat agree. Green is the elusive / break your ankles type back. If I want an Iback to run between the tackles I want a thumper like Q was or someone with a little more weight on them.

Interesting about what they said about Green not being an ideal fit pounding it between the tackles from the I.

I somewhat agree. Green is the elusive / break your ankles type back. If I want an Iback to run between the tackles I want a thumper like Q was or someone with a little more weight on them.

Where to begin with Aaron Green? A great talent but is a RB that can run between the tackles more valuable? Green is the kind of player Nebraska needs to win if they want to be a title contend for a title every year, however is not getting him as big as not getting a guy like OWA or a Mickey Johnson (if we don't get Mickey Johnson)?

Where to begin with Aaron Green? A great talent but is a RB that can run between the tackles more valuable? Green is the kind of player Nebraska needs to win if they want to be a title contend for a title every year, however is not getting him as big as not getting a guy like OWA or a Mickey Johnson (if we don't get Mickey Johnson)?

Not getting Owa was a different scenario than Aarons. Owa was not a position of need, personally the only thing that made me fall in love with Owa was the fact that he can change a game defensivly. But we are so stacked at DE that not getting him wasn't a end all. Not getting Aaron will hurt more because of Braylon Heard most likely not qualifying and Roy graduating after this season. As for Mickey Johnson he hasnt made a decision yet, but I have a good feeling about him. Mickey absolutly loves Nebraska, Suh, and our coaching staff we will be in Mickeys top group for the rest of his process.

And welcome to the board HuskerBill!

I think the especially interesting part is that Aaron has always been vocal about wanting to run behind a fullback in the I. Where the comparisons that Talman made were to your Joe McKnights, Reggie Bushes, etc.

And as far as the recruiting process goes, with the Texas situation and his high rating, we've been comparing it to Adrian Peterson. However, it seems that as far as skillset goes, pulling in Green would mean we have another Marlon Lucky - not our very own A.P. Which, for all that people have knocked Lucky, if Green can produce as much as Lucky or more, I think that would make a very productive career for him.

Not getting Owa was a different scenario than Aarons. Owa was not a position of need, personally the only thing that made me fall in love with Owa was the fact that he can change a game defensivly. But we are so stacked at DE that not getting him wasn't a end all. Not getting Aaron will hurt more because of Braylon Heard most likely not qualifying and Roy graduating after this season. As for Mickey Johnson he hasnt made a decision yet, but I have a good feeling about him. Mickey absolutly loves Nebraska, Suh, and our coaching staff we will be in Mickeys top group for the rest of his process.

I believe Heard will be elgible for 2011 won't he? Him, Rexy, and Dontray we'll be golden at that position. Don't get me wrong I love Green and want to get him especially all the attention he'll bring to Nebraska recruiting it will land even more big name recruits IMO.

I believe Heard will be elgible for 2011 won't he? Him, Rexy, and Dontray we'll be golden at that position. Don't get me wrong I love Green and want to get him especially all the attention he'll bring to Nebraska recruiting it will land even more big name recruits IMO.

I fell in love with Tray that first game we saw him play, that horrendous debacle of an ISU game. He was running the ball damn hard, with heart, minus the fumble fingers. He is going to be a good one, let no one tell you any different. He should ease some depth concerns this year. I'm very happy he excelled last year, because I had heard mixed reports of how good a recruit he actually was. Most people seemed high on him, but there was a group that questioned whether he could play RB at this level, whether he had the cutting ability and vision necessary, or whether he'd be more of a fullback convert. Glad he proved the haters wrong.

With that being said, there's always a chance Lester Ward, Austin Jones, or even Collins Okafor breaks out soon. But Aaron is a very different back that Tray, Roy, or even Rex. Rex and Roy seem very similar to me. I may be off, but they both seem like guys who just know how gain yardage, instinctively. Good, upfield cuts, and they like to go north-south, which is very smart and what we need in a back. But not necessarily beat you to the edge and take it to the house type guys... just not great top end speed. That is hopefully just the type of element Aaron could bring to our running game. Imagine a three pronged attack of excellent all around back Burkhead, (hopefully) thumper Tray, and home run Green. Now that should appease some Nebraska fans of ole. Even more so if Braylon makes it to campus. He's another home run hitter.

I fell in love with Tray that first game we saw him play, that horrendous debacle of an ISU game. He was running the ball damn hard, with heart, minus the fumble fingers. He is going to be a good one, let no one tell you any different. He should ease some depth concerns this year. I'm very happy he excelled last year, because I had heard mixed reports of how good a recruit he actually was. Most people seemed high on him, but there was a group that questioned whether he could play RB at this level, whether he had the cutting ability and vision necessary, or whether he'd be more of a fullback convert. Glad he proved the haters wrong.

With that being said, there's always a chance Lester Ward, Austin Jones, or even Collins Okafor breaks out soon. But Aaron is a very different back that Tray, Roy, or even Rex. Rex and Roy seem very similar to me. I may be off, but they both seem like guys who just know how gain yardage, instinctively. Good, upfield cuts, and they like to go north-south, which is very smart and what we need in a back. But not necessarily beat you to the edge and take it to the house type guys... just not great top end speed. That is hopefully just the type of element Aaron could bring to our running game. Imagine a three pronged attack of excellent all around back Burkhead, (hopefully) thumper Tray, and home run Green. Now that should appease some Nebraska fans of ole. Even more so if Braylon makes it to campus. He's another home run hitter.

Spot on dudeguyy, I made a mistake during my post in not saying that Aaron would not be an every down back. But used more in reverses, slot play, punt returns, kick-off returns, etc. The thought of the RB rotation with Tray, Rex, and Aaron doing his best Reggie Bush impression is enough to make salivate all over my keyboard. Also its not set in stone yet that Braylon will even make it to campus, still has to play out.

I think the especially interesting part is that Aaron has always been vocal about wanting to run behind a fullback in the I. Where the comparisons that Talman made were to your Joe McKnights, Reggie Bushes, etc.

And as far as the recruiting process goes, with the Texas situation and his high rating, we've been comparing it to Adrian Peterson. However, it seems that as far as skillset goes, pulling in Green would mean we have another Marlon Lucky - not our very own A.P. Which, for all that people have knocked Lucky, if Green can produce as much as Lucky or more, I think that would make a very productive career for him.

I'd rather find a Derick Brown then have another Marlon Lucky. Hopefully he doesnt fall down on first contact like Marlon.

I'd rather find a Derick Brown then have another Marlon Lucky. Hopefully he doesnt fall down on first contact like Marlon.

And hopefully, he'll have more top end speed...Lucky before he came here was dazzling people and running through defenders in North Hollywood, CA, or wherever. Everyone's got amazing tape, but makes the transition differently (unless b-rent, you were specifically comparing Green's tape vs Lucky's...in which case I don't know since I haven't really compared them). But I am really excited about having Aaron come here nonetheless. Lucky, you could say "didn't live up to the hype" and still carved out a damn nice career for himself. Green would be legendary if he did live up to the hype.

i get the feeling after spending some exciting times at huskerboard, that some die-hard husker fans believe we have mr green in the safe. i am not too sure about that.

joining the big 10 does have an effect on this young man, being that the huskers play 0 games in texas after this season. texas has a lot going for it with green, 1 hour drive from san antonio, a great school , and a super recruiter in brown, one of the best

it would be nice to add mr green to the husker roster, easily on of the top running backs in the nation. a speedster at 4.4 40, and very strong

so when its comes down to it,,,these are the odds in my book- 50/50 that we get him

post-4721-127864675021.jpg

no offense or anything but why couldn't this have been said in the whole thread dedicated to Aaron* Green?

Also, Texas pretty much stopped recruiting him. They haven't contacted him in a very long time according to Green himself.

• Fire 1

no offense or anything but why couldn't this have been said in the whole thread dedicated to Aaron* Green?

Also, Texas pretty much stopped recruiting him. They haven't contacted him in a very long time according to Green himself.

Agree, MODs, can you lock this thread? There are 500 posts on Green in the 2011 recruiting thread.