SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Anyone a little worried about Cal or FSU? Cal is nice. FSU is a storied program. It would be crazy if he picked one of those two. That would be a real M. Night Shyamalan twist.

Did someone say M. Night Shymalamadong? :blink:

Sorry, I've gotten in a bad habit of calling him that and figured I'd see what you guys thought.

Anyone a little worried about Cal or FSU? Cal is nice. FSU is a storied program. It would be crazy if he picked one of those two. That would be a real M. Night Shyamalan twist.

Sorry, I've gotten in a bad habit of calling him that and figured I'd see what you guys thought.

i have always called him M. Night Shymalamadingdong. so you are not the only one

i have always called him M. Night Shymalamadingdong. so you are not the only one

Good to know brother! :thumbs

I'm glad EZ is here to keep me reassured :)

Dont read into any Texas propaganda that you might see posted all over their stupid sites. Aaron is really high on NU and is considering us for A LOT of reasons. Not just because we have Andrew; granted Andrew might have helped our chances tenfold and been the reason he considered us in the first place, but he has a lot more reasons than just that to come to NU.

You will never see John Talman or Sean Callahan write such an uneducated article as the ones written on OB. Especially the ones pertaining to Aaron Green. They are far behind and they know it.

Texas is behind in a huge way with Aaron. Bama has made up a lot of ground on Texas in the Malcolm Brown sweepstakes. It wouldnt surprize me to see Brown go to Bama. Then UT is left without a single one of their top 4 running backs out of the state.

Anytime UT misses on top talent in their own backyard I consider that a win regardless where the player goes. And if we happen to be one of the schools taking him then even better :)

That lame video , im sure didn't help, Thats beneath us to release that steaming pile to the public.jmo

That video - in addition to other efforts by the university/state will guarentee that 10/16 is televised nationaly, college gameday is in town, and that it's the most hyped in-season game of the year. Assuming we take care of business prior, ESPN will talk of little else in the week prior. (like the Michigan/Ohio St. game a few years ago) It will be watched by the majority of the Rivals 250, and by every recruit we're in on. Nothing but good can come of it. Even if we lose, there will probably be 50-100 recruits spanning 2011, 2012, 2013 classes inside the stadium watching. It will be the loudest and redest the stadium has been in years. Kiffin is a prime example of what hype can do for recruiting. The exposure we received for the B12 Championship last year is obviously helping - this game could put us over the top on people like Green, Hobbi, Mickey, etc and allow us to make ground on some we've dreamt of, like Lyons. Gameday atmoshere gets us A LOT of our recruits...this will be the pinnacle of that.

• Fire 3

That lame video , im sure didn't help, Thats beneath us to release that steaming pile to the public.jmo

That video - in addition to other efforts by the university/state will guarentee that 10/16 is televised nationaly, college gameday is in town, and that it's the most hyped in-season game of the year. Assuming we take care of business prior, ESPN will talk of little else in the week prior. (like the Michigan/Ohio St. game a few years ago) It will be watched by the majority of the Rivals 250, and by every recruit we're in on. Nothing but good can come of it. Even if we lose, there will probably be 50-100 recruits spanning 2011, 2012, 2013 classes inside the stadium watching. It will be the loudest and redest the stadium has been in years. Kiffin is a prime example of what hype can do for recruiting. The exposure we received for the B12 Championship last year is obviously helping - this game could put us over the top on people like Green, Hobbi, Mickey, etc and allow us to make ground on some we've dreamt of, like Lyons. Gameday atmoshere gets us A LOT of our recruits...this will be the pinnacle of that.

+1

Exactly what I was thinking!

Your right EZ, I just read that the Texas coaches have been imprssed with Traylon Shead and Antwan Cobb to put all of their eggs in Malcolm Browns basket. And if they wiff on him, they will push even harder for Johnathan Gray, who is the stud running back in next years class.

great post. only possible problem is that the game might end up being an 11:00 game, which will make it hard for many recruits to come. let's hope that isn't the case. obviously it will still have a big impact on our exposure, but it would be nice to get our top kids in to feel the stadium shake.

I don't think there is much chance to this being an 11:00a.m. game. If Texas and NU are unbeaten, this is a primetime ABC/ESPN nationally televised game. 7:00 Kickoff.

ABC is scheduled to broadcast a NASCAR race that night. ESPN is showing wiscy v. ohio state. that leaves the 11:00 and 2:30 slots on ABC. typically the 11:00 one is a national game and 2:30 is regional games. i think you can guess which of those two we're likely to get. i hope i'm wrong, but either way, it will be nice to have such a hyped game in lincoln again.