SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Can there be an ESPN2 night game? I would gladly take that over 11:00. I hate those games.

i personally prefer night games just because i enjoy a day of tail gating before kickoff. they also obviously help the crowd/atmosphere be more electric and allow for more recruits to make it.

still, over all that, i'd rather have the prestige and coverage of an 11:00 ABC game with the Game Day crew on location than be on ESPN2 at night. this game is going to be a showcase game and i do not want it hidden away on "the deuce".

hopefully there's something to the idea that ABC will move the race, but I really, really doubt NASCAR would be amenable to that.

I thought all College Gameday games are at night? I cannot ever recall a early game getting the gameday crew.....Am I wrong?

You are wrong.

Nebraska/Oklahoma in 2001

There have been several others too. Ohio State comes to mind as well as Michigan.

That just seems wrong. Not as in you are wrong but the idea of not having it be the prime time game every week...it's just dumb.

If you ever want to know anything about CGD go here: http://www.stevesams.com/ESPN.htm

Of course, it says nothing about game times.

I don't see how CGD (which I believe sets up shop on the field for Nebraska games) - could be wrapped up in time for the 11:00 game. The 2:30 slot maybe but even that's a stretch. It runs from 8:00 - 11:00 central (new 3 hour extended edition for 2010 season). Probably takes a minimum of 1-1.5 hours to remove the set, and get fans cleared. That means that CGD has the field until at least 1:00 - an hour and a half before kickoff? I don't think so. Unless they are somewhere other than the field (maybe Haymarket?)...it has to be a night game.

2009 CGD Locations w/ start time (central)

September 5: #5 Alabama vs. #7 Virginia Tech (Atlanta, GA) 7:10

September 12: #3 Southern California at #8 Ohio State 7:00

September 19: Texas Tech at #2 Texas 7:00

September 26: Iowa at #5 Penn State 7:00

October 3: Florida State at Boston College 2:30

October 10: #1 Florida at #4 LSU 7:00

October 17: #20 Oklahoma vs. #3 Texas (Dallas, TX) 11:00

October 24: #8 TCU at #16 BYU 6:30

October 31: #5 Southern California at #10 Oregon 7:00

November 7: Army at Air Force 2:30

November 14: #16 Utah at #4 TCU 6:30

November 21: #11 Oregon at Arizona 7:00

November 28: Florida State at #1 Florida 2:30

December 5: SEC Championship Game: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Florida (Atlanta, GA) 3:00

January 1: Rose Bowl: #8 Ohio State vs. #7 Oregon (Pasadena, CA) 4:10

January 7: BCS National Championship Game: #2 Texas vs. #1 Alabama (Pasadena, CA) 7:39

Unless things have changed, at Lincoln the CGD crew sets up outside. I think that there is just not enough room inside the stadium but like I said things could have changed with how they are able to set things up now.

I am starting to get this bad feeling that the UT game will be at 11am.

I will be very angry if this is not a 7 pm game.

No kidding! If this is an 11am game it will be tough for me to catch it all. Freaking Saturday coaching obligations!

Make the kids watch the game as a learning experience. I'm sure there will be plenty of oportunities to inform them of how not to act and what sportsmanship means - because there will be little of it in the stadium that day. :)

kc, when CGD was at NU for the UCLA game in 1994, they setup outside of the east gates of the stadium. I think that kickoff was 11:00 am.

First year of CGD. I just remember 2006 and 2007. Both of those were the 7:00 USC games.

Unless things have changed, at Lincoln the CGD crew sets up outside. I think that there is just not enough room inside the stadium but like I said things could have changed with how they are able to set things up now.

We can fit 86,000 fans inside the stadium, how is there not enough room? :) I think in 2007 it was inside the stadium. Found this pic, which may or may not be taken inside. Kind of looks like they are in.

220px-091507-USCNeb-CollegeGameDay-Corsopick.jpg

kc, when CGD was at NU for the UCLA game in 1994, they setup outside of the east gates of the stadium. I think that kickoff was 11:00 am.

First year of CGD. I just remember 2006 and 2007. Both of those were the 7:00 USC games.

We can fit 86,000 fans inside the stadium, how is there not enough room? :) I think in 2007 it was inside the stadium. Found this pic, which may or may not be taken inside. Kind of looks like they are in.

220px-091507-USCNeb-CollegeGameDay-Corsopick.jpg

They were inside the stadium in 2007. There is YouTube evidence for that. I think people tossed a couple ears of corn at Corso when he put on the Trojan "armor"

I'd imagine it would be possible that Nebraska football teams try to shy away from scheduling on that particular day if it is a morning kickoff. Also, I'm fairly certain one of the last 2 CGD events in Lincoln was done inside the stadium. The fans were in the stadium seats behind them and the stage was on the turf. I'd predict the 3:00 kickoff since the 7:00 game is already slated as a night-game between Ohio State and Wisconsin. There is a good chance if we each drop 1 that we could lose Gameday to that game which will surely pit undefeated top-10 teams against each other. RRR and our Washington/KSU games could mean that this one bills a little lower in the rankings. We'll see how it pans out.

I'd imagine it would be possible that Nebraska football teams try to shy away from scheduling on that particular day if it is a morning kickoff. Also, I'm fairly certain one of the last 2 CGD events in Lincoln was done inside the stadium. The fans were in the stadium seats behind them and the stage was on the turf. I'd predict the 3:00 kickoff since the 7:00 game is already slated as a night-game between Ohio State and Wisconsin. There is a good chance if we each drop 1 that we could lose Gameday to that game which will surely pit undefeated top-10 teams against each other. RRR and our Washington/KSU games could mean that this one bills a little lower in the rankings. We'll see how it pans out.

Espn at NU for the Thurs may work against a gameday telecast. Erin Andrews tweeting that she is pumped about this game, sounds like she will be there.

I know his Brother/Cousin is a DB on the team, anyone know if he is related to Ahman?

His brother Andrew is on the team and is going to see a good amount of PT. Andrew is a big part of Aaron's recruitment and they are not related to Ahman.