SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Cal just picked up Daniel Lasco a 4 :star runningback out of TEXAS.

:sarcasm I call BS. No high :star player out of Texas would ever commit to a school that wouldn't be playing regularly in the state of Texas. Someone MUST be yanking your chain. After all it's Cal not USC :sarcasm

Maybe its because the warm weather, beaches, and girls. But NO Texas kid will ever want to play for Nebraska ever again. Seriously who wnats to play in the big 10? Play against Michigan, OSU, Penn State, Wiscy that doesnt sound fun! Play on TV EVERY weekend, pshh who needs that? :sarcasm

Been 24 hours since the last AG post...nothing new, just further confirmation of what we already believe to be the case.

http://texas.scout.com/2/991580.html

Q: What is the story on Aaron Green? I've heard that UT is still pursuing him, yet I read quotes from him that he hasn't heard from UT in a while.

A: Many people feel that Texass interest in Green is directly contrary to the Longhorns interest in Malcolm Brown. With two running backs in the past class in Demarco Cobbs and Traylon Shead, and with a big back in Joe Bergeron already committed for 2011, Texas will likely only take one back with its final three openings. With Texas sitting in a strong position for Brown, the Longhorns appear to have backed off Green a bit.

Been 24 hours since the last AG post...nothing new, just further confirmation of what we already believe to be the case.

http://texas.scout.com/2/991580.html

Q: What is the story on Aaron Green? I've heard that UT is still pursuing him, yet I read quotes from him that he hasn't heard from UT in a while.

A: Many people feel that Texass interest in Green is directly contrary to the Longhorns interest in Malcolm Brown. With two running backs in the past class in Demarco Cobbs and Traylon Shead, and with a big back in Joe Bergeron already committed for 2011, Texas will likely only take one back with its final three openings. With Texas sitting in a strong position for Brown, the Longhorns appear to have backed off Green a bit.

Atleast Texas fans got off their kick about having both Aaron and Malcolm in their class.

Those bouncing jugs belong to a girl with a hoof

But I'm sure you guys knew that already.

Anyway, back on topic....

Hasn't been any real news lately. Any idea when/where he's taking his offical visits?

Those bouncing jugs belong to a girl with a hoof

But I'm sure you guys knew that already.

Anyway, back on topic....

Hasn't been any real news lately. Any idea when/where he's taking his offical visits?

It's going to be pretty dead on the recruiting front until the season gets going. At this point with Aaron, no news is good news.

:yeah

Aaron Green (San Antonio, Texas/James Madison)

Four-star running back | ESPNU rank: 13

Green is down to four schools or is he? He recently named Nebraska, Cal, Florida State and Texas as his four favorites, but that doesn't mean a few more can't play their way on the list.

"I am not ruling anyone out," Green said. "Those four are my leaders and certainly some other teams could work their way up with me."

But if you apply a process of elimination then Green should be headed to Nebraska. Cal just committed Houston area running back Daniel Lasco and Texas has their sights set on Brown. FSU could land James Wilder later today, although that is still up in the air. It also helps that his brother, Andrew, signed with Nebraska in 2009.

I would say its pretty much Nebraska for Aaron. :koolaid2:

Here's something to think about.... If you look at Scout and Rivals, specifically at the Running Backs we have offered... the list is pretty slim... We've offered a few highly rated backs and then the list practically drops off... most of the guys we have offered either have already committed or don't seem to have us at the top of their list. For example, we've offered Malcolm Brown but he hasn't even mentioned us in his interests, Kadeem Carey committed to Arizona, Bishop Sankey committed to Washington State...etc.

Brown and Green are some of the only 4stars left who haven't committed and Brown doesn't seem to be interested in us. Ameen-Moore from Colorado really liked us, even made a trip to NU but the coaches won't offer him a scholarship. He's a 5.6 3 star back with some decent offers... Robert Standard is a 3 star back who says Nebraska has cooled off on him... he wanted N and then we failed to show much interest and now's he's expected to commit to Iowa State.

All this to say... if you look at our list of RB prospects... it's short. Based on what i've heard from recruits, most that have wanted N have not been shown much interest. And we haven't offered or gone after a lot of 4 star guys or even high 3 star guys at that. What that tells me is that the coaches are pretty confident they're going to get Aaron Green. They've been persistently on him for over 2 years, and haven't even come close to doing that with any of the other guys out there. If they thought there was threat he was going to go elsewhere, you'd think they'd have some other guys they'd be going after hard at this time of year. But there's no one, after Green, the list drops off... there's not even any backs with offers that seem to have interest in NU.

NU's putting all their eggs in one basket with Green.

Cal's got 2 RB's for 2011 (3* and 4*).

Florida State's got 2 RB's for 2011 (3* and 4*) And they could get James Wilder today (5*).

Texas wants Brown and they're expected to get him.

With that said... how do we not get Green?

We've got a RB leaving (helu), we're a running team, he's gonna be competing against 2 guys from Texas for the spot, playing under a coach who coached in Texas, and playing with his brother. Plus he'll be our only RB for 2011.