BIG 12 NORTH PRESEASON FORECAST

I see where your coming from caveman. I just have my reservations about your QB. I've already posted too many times about Lee on this thread, however, my friends that went to the spring game in Lincoln would agree with you about Lee's upside. We'll find what we're all made of as the season unfolds. Should be a good season for both of us!

I see where your coming from caveman. I just have my reservations about your QB. I've already posted too many times about Lee on this thread, however, my friends that went to the spring game in Lincoln would agree with you about Lee's upside. We'll find what we're all made of as the season folds. Should be a good season for both of us!

I would say cheers to good seasons for both, except for Baylor vs. NU of course! One thing about Lee that needs to be remembered is that Watson has a very good track history of getting first time QB's to perform well to great. He did it a few times at Colorado and has done it here at NU with Ganz. Yes Ganz got 3 games in 2007, but he wasn't a returning starter by any stretch of the imagination and on top of that the O that NU ended up running had many different elements in it. Like has been said, Lee has all of the potential in the world, was a 4 star recruit, cannon for an arm, fast as heck, etc., but Watson ability to develop QB's is the key ingredient to the formula that will make it go.

Dont forget, Caveman, that Ganz knew the offense like the back of his hand before he even took the field as a starter. He was, what, a 5th year senior last year? That means he had 4 years to learn the offense. Lee has been in the system I think two years now. I doubt he can be as effective as Ganz was right off the bat.

Dont forget, Caveman, that Ganz knew the offense like the back of his hand before he even took the field as a starter. He was, what, a 5th year senior last year? That means he had 4 years to learn the offense. Lee has been in the system I think two years now. I doubt he can be as effective as Ganz was right off the bat.

:yeah

1. Nebraska - We have the most talent, better coaches, and no big XII team will put up the same offensive numbers which is good for us.

Sorry but we've been hearing this every year for ten years now.

2. Missouri - They have a good team and will be a lot better then people give them credit for, however, they need to establish a run game to beat out Nebraska. Which isn't going to happen.

No defense and big questions on O

3. Kansas - Good team, but lack of experience and talent this year is going to set them back to .500 status which is what Mangino is used to.

you sound a little worried. This is one of the most talented teams we have had, but yes, lack of experience.

4. Colorado - They still suck. But they will hurt someone's chances of getting to the Big XII championship game.

Probably Nebraska's

5. Kansas State - Enough said.

LOL. yup

6. Iowa State - Feel free to interchange 5 and 6, because in the end no one cares about these programs this year.

agreed

you sound a little worried.

You are projecting on that one. ;)

no. 100% sure KU beats UNL in lawrence. While scoring over 35 on your D.

I am a little worried for your team Jayhawker. I don't want to see you guys fail, but I am worried you guys might take a step back. When I said better coaches I just meant better than what we had...not implying our coaches are better than any of the other Big XII north coaches. I don't believe anyone in the north will be putting up the offensive numbers we saw this year and I see that being in Nebraska's favor. And yes Colorado hates us and would love to beat us so you might be right, but I still believe we beat them even at their place. I do honestly believe Nebraska has the most talent and now we have a coaching staff that can develop talent. I have scouted all of the North teams and just based on talent that is what I am projecting. I don't really believe too much in home field advantage, because I still say a great coaching strategy and talent wins the game. Then you have to factor in experience and there are question marks all across the board so I didn't worry too much about that. Your comment on Missouri...yeah their defense will be ok but nothing special. And there questions on O is why I say they need to run the ball more this year and do clock management.

Who knows how it will turn out Jayhawker, but one thing I do hope is that your Jayhawks don't fall back this year. Mangino has had some rough years here and there. If history is any indicator he will be around .600 winning percentage this year and I hope that's not the case. Lets hope history can be rewritten.

you sound a little worried.

You are projecting on that one. ;)

I am a little worried for your team Jayhawker. I don't want to see you guys fail, but I am worried you guys might take a step back. When I said better coaches I just meant better than what we had...not implying our coaches are better than any of the other Big XII north coaches. I don't believe anyone in the north will be putting up the offensive numbers we saw this year and I see that being in Nebraska's favor. And yes Colorado hates us and would love to beat us so you might be right, but I still believe we beat them even at their place. I do honestly believe Nebraska has the most talent and now we have a coaching staff that can develop talent. I have scouted all of the North teams and just based on talent that is what I am projecting. I don't really believe too much in home field advantage, because I still say a great coaching strategy and talent wins the game. Then you have to factor in experience and there are question marks all across the board so I didn't worry too much about that. Your comment on Missouri...yeah their defense will be ok but nothing special. And there questions on O is why I say they need to run the ball more this year and do clock management.

Who knows how it will turn out Jayhawker, but one thing I do hope is that your Jayhawks don't fall back this year. Mangino has had some rough years here and there. If history is any indicator he will be around .600 winning percentage this year and I hope that's not the case. Lets hope history can be rewritten.

you guys can relax, i was just ribbing on you. I already have about 5 bets (i'm married to a husker family) that KU is going to win and put up more than 34 points, and I do believe they will. My wife's cousin and I have a long standing bet that whomever loses, KU/UNL, the loser has to buy the bball tickets at Devaney when KU comes to lincoln. It's been on a nice rotation for the last 3-4 years.

I think that any team that tries to be a run dominate team in the B12 will fail. The O's in the B12 can score fast so if you can not keep pace it will hurt you. I do not think you have the DB's or LB's to stop the passing in the B12. I do honestly think that KU will have a very talented team this year, this is an excerpt from an article about the DL.

"Jake Laptad, defensive end. Laptad showed flashes of getting to the quarterback last year with seven sacks. He shouldn't really be double-teamed too much with the presence of junior college transfer Quintin Woods on the other end, and Caleb Blakesley and Jamal Greene controlling the middle. Defensive line could be an overlooked strength of the Jayhawks' defense next season. With that in mind, Laptad could be a breakout candidate to approach 10 sacks. "

How many sacks did Suh have last year?

imagine what KU will do to UNL IF the DL plays up to these expectations.

I really do believe the season hangs on the OL.

article here

Bookmark this post!

lol. What's with some Jayhawk fans?

We're gonna go 10-2 next year; 2-1 in the South; we're going to beat Nebraska; blah, blah, blah.

Yes indeed...bookmark this post!!!!

Please do. I'm not the only nut. If you are an insider read this. Guy thinks KU can go 12-1

Here

you guys can relax, i was just ribbing on you. I already have about 5 bets (i'm married to a husker family) that KU is going to win and put up more than 34 points, and I do believe they will. My wife's cousin and I have a long standing bet that whomever loses, KU/UNL, the loser has to buy the bball tickets at Devaney when KU comes to lincoln. It's been on a nice rotation for the last 3-4 years.

I think that any team that tries to be a run dominate team in the B12 will fail. The O's in the B12 can score fast so if you can not keep pace it will hurt you. I do not think you have the DB's or LB's to stop the passing in the B12. I do honestly think that KU will have a very talented team this year, this is an excerpt from an article about the DL.

"Jake Laptad, defensive end. Laptad showed flashes of getting to the quarterback last year with seven sacks. He shouldn't really be double-teamed too much with the presence of junior college transfer Quintin Woods on the other end, and Caleb Blakesley and Jamal Greene controlling the middle. Defensive line could be an overlooked strength of the Jayhawks' defense next season. With that in mind, Laptad could be a breakout candidate to approach 10 sacks. "

How many sacks did Suh have last year?

article here

I think there's a general misconception among football fans that a quick-strike/passing offense can score more often than a clock-control/running offense. Yes, the quick-strike does score in less time, but that is completely negated by the fact that the other team then gets the ball. So, if both offenses keep scoring, neither can out-score the other. The quick-strike does have an advantage at the end of each half, but the clock-control offense wears out the other team's defense and has advantages most of the second half.

article here

Fair enough Jayhawker. We aren't going to be run dominate though, but our run game will allow us to set up the pass. I will give you the defensive line, because I did see that they had talent there. But my response to that would be imagine what NU will do to KU if our DL plays to their expectations. Not just talking about Suh because we also have Pierre Allen who did a great job last year, Jared Crick and Baker Steinkuhler who are really good next to Suh. Steinkuhler has more talent but he is only a Rfr and Crick beat him out only because he worked his butt off. My only question is Barry Turner on how he will do after that injury. We had a lot of walk-ons playing and yeah walk-ons can be really good, but I have to wonder if we used them more than we would have, because we redshirt 50 players. There is a lot of competition going on in a lot of different positions. You might say that could be because we don't really have any one that is good enough to stand out. But I, and most husker fans, see it as there is a lot of talented young kids working their butts off to get that position.

That's the only reason I say Nebraska has what it takes to win the north, that and our coaches know how to develop that talent. I don't know about you Jayhawker, but I am so freakin bored. I can't wait for this season to start man. May the best team win the north and please lets knock the south around, because I am getting so sick of those guys.

article here

Fair enough Jayhawker. We aren't going to be run dominate though, but our run game will allow us to set up the pass. I will give you the defensive line, because I did see that they had talent there. But my response to that would be imagine what NU will do to KU if our DL plays to their expectations. Not just talking about Suh because we also have Pierre Allen who did a great job last year, Jared Crick and Baker Steinkuhler who are really good next to Suh. Steinkuhler has more talent but he is only a Rfr and Crick beat him out only because he worked his butt off. My only question is Barry Turner on how he will do after that injury. We had a lot of walk-ons playing and yeah walk-ons can be really good, but I have to wonder if we used them more than we would have, because we redshirt 50 players. There is a lot of competition going on in a lot of different positions. You might say that could be because we don't really have any one that is good enough to stand out. But I, and most husker fans, see it as there is a lot of talented young kids working their butts off to get that position.

That's the only reason I say Nebraska has what it takes to win the north, that and our coaches know how to develop that talent. I don't know about you Jayhawker, but I am so freakin bored. I can't wait for this season to start man. May the best team win the north and please lets knock the south around, because I am getting so sick of those guys.

I'm unbelievably bored. I do know one thing for certain about the North next year. MU will not be sharing the title for a third year in a row.