Coach Wats

That only means that they are almost maxed at their potential in my book. I still think some of the farmboys around here would knock the crap out of anybody else in the country. Nebraska kids can improve themselves much more than a kid from Texas who is already almost maxed out, just takes less work and they could start right away (the texas kids). That's part of the reason our walk-on program is so successful. You get these kids no one knows about and they drive the team. Bottomline you need to have a system for where you are in the country. Take Michigan...they will never be good again running their new offense. We will probably never be really good with the west coast offense, because we have a different breed of guys here compared to Texas or California. We can pull from there all we like, but we still have to rely on Nebraska boys to keep the program going.

West coast offense blows...we need to get back to smashmouth and just hit someone on the field. Personally simple is better...less chances to mess it up.

Your premise that these kids are "maxed out" coming out of High School is flat wrong. The country is littered with Texas players who continue to improve in college.

Second, Osborne's Option attack was no less complicated than the West Coast. It was flexible, stealthy, and relied on finesse as much as power. Don't get sucked in to the false conception that it was just "line 'em up and punch 'em in the mouth" as most national talking heads would have you believe.

I think we could be successful running the Option attack, or the Nebraska Coast offense, or a pure West Coast, or the Spread... doesn't really matter what the offense is. What matters is personnel and execution. We get the right personnel and we could run any offense we want and be successful.

I never said they still couldn't improve. What I meant is their potential is pretty much maxed out. They are more polished and developed. That means that they can come in and start right away since in that warmer weather they have more experience playing since they can play longer. What I was saying was that a lot of these kids from "colder" states haven't even come close to reaching their full potential like the guys from warmer states. That's why you see a lot of kids with 2 or 3 stars doing much more in the NFL. Everybody has a max potential...it is the kids from Texas, California, Florida, etc that reach their potential sooner. They stand out in high school and that is why they have the 5 stars, but college is a different thing and they get surpassed by the kids that reach their max potential in college.

To put it more simply...people mature at different times. Some mature in high school and they were the better athletes then the rest at that time. Some people mature in college and come out of no where and they surpass the athlete that was good in high school. It happens all the time.

Also I do believe you need to scheme somewhat with the type of people you have in your state. You can pull the skill positions from other states that is fine...but you also need to know what you have to work with in your state which, for the most part, will fuel your personnel. That should determine some of the plays you run.

Another thing is this is my opinion. I have seen a lot of this go on all the time so this is my perspective. To say it is flat wrong is pretty ignorant Knappy. That would be like me telling you that we couldn't run the west coast or the spread and your opinion on that matter is wrong. Maybe we could run it...maybe we couldn't. We really haven't had a lot of success running the west coast so far and if Michigan sucks again then I will have more reason to believe you can't just run any offense you want. You have to scheme around where you are located in the country. Anyways this is what I THINK...you can disagree with me all you want Knappy. Oh and quit being an a-hole that thinks you are always right...rkhufu is just giving his opinion too.

Another thing is this is my opinion. I have seen a lot of this go on all the time so this is my perspective. To say it is flat wrong is pretty ignorant Knappy. That would be like me telling you that we couldn't run the west coast or the spread and your opinion on that matter is wrong. Maybe we could run it...maybe we couldn't. We really haven't had a lot of success running the west coast so far and if Michigan sucks again then I will have more reason to believe you can't just run any offense you want. You have to scheme around where you are located in the country. Anyways this is what I THINK...you can disagree with me all you want Knappy. Oh and quit being an a-hole that thinks you are always right...rkhufu is just giving his opinion too.

I simply pointed out where your premise is flawed (grievously so). Don't get all hurt and start whining about it. If you don't want to have people point out flaws in your logic, then don't post. It's pretty simple.

Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith all started at WR for USC as true freshmen w/o a spring, Bush, White and Washington all played as true freshmen and won a MNC. Name your true freshmen starters at WR for NU since Callahan/Watson brought the offense?

The point you're inadvertently making is that USC recruited better talent than Nebraska, not that Carroll's offense is any easier to run than Watson's. If we had Williams, White and Smith, you can bet your bottom dollar they'd have started here as true freshmen.

You're trying to show that Watson's offense is "too complex" while Osborne's was "simple," and you don't know what you're talking about. The Option wasn't simple - it's a system of blocking that is as complex, in its way, as any offense in the nation. When executed properly it was fiendish to defend because of its complexity.

Skill players are not OL! The offense was run by HS teams in Nebraska and nationwide. TO's play calling and his feel for the game made him special, but his offense was simple for a back and skill guy to pick up. They used inside and outside zone blocking, traps and counter sweep blocking and isolation blocking, just like HS teams do. My HS here in Texas has 3 5A state titles and lost in the semis in 2001, running the NU offense, the I-back had 2500 yards, missing 3 games and the QB and FB had over 1000 yards, and they won the regional final game by going 80 yards in less than two minutes running a 3 wides ace formation, with the QB going the last 20 on a speed option keeper. The current offense is to complicated in terminology. The Sid Gillman offense is simple, routes are designated by numbers and running game is simple. It relies on speed WRs, not the big slow guys like the "WC" offense, although it is also a WC offense itself.

Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith all started at WR for USC as true freshmen w/o a spring, Bush, White and Washington all played as true freshmen and won a MNC. Name your true freshmen starters at WR for NU since Callahan/Watson brought the offense?

The point you're inadvertently making is that USC recruited better talent than Nebraska, not that Carroll's offense is any easier to run than Watson's. If we had Williams, White and Smith, you can bet your bottom dollar they'd have started here as true freshmen.

You're trying to show that Watson's offense is "too complex" while Osborne's was "simple," and you don't know what you're talking about. The Option wasn't simple - it's a system of blocking that is as complex, in its way, as any offense in the nation. When executed properly it was fiendish to defend because of its complexity.

Skill players are not OL! The offense was run by HS teams in Nebraska and nationwide. TO's play calling and his feel for the game made him special, but his offense was simple for a back and skill guy to pick up. They used inside and outside zone blocking, traps and counter sweep blocking and isolation blocking, just like HS teams do.

Yeah? And? You're talking about offensive schemes, not JUST skill players, when you crack on Watson's offense. Offensive Linemen are part of an offense, and therefore part of the conversation.

Skill players are not OL! The offense was run by HS teams in Nebraska and nationwide. TO's play calling and his feel for the game made him special, but his offense was simple for a back and skill guy to pick up. They used inside and outside zone blocking, traps and counter sweep blocking and isolation blocking, just like HS teams do. My HS here in Texas has 3 5A state titles and lost in the semis in 2001, running the NU offense, the I-back had 2500 yards, missing 3 games and the QB and FB had over 1000 yards, and they won the regional final game by going 80 yards in less than two minutes running a 3 wides ace formation, with the QB going the last 20 on a speed option keeper. The current offense is to complicated in terminology. The Sid Gillman offense is simple, routes are designated by numbers and running game is simple. It relies on speed WRs, not the big slow guys like the "WC" offense, although it is also a WC offense itself.

Actually, OL were skill players in TO's offense. I can't remember if it was the 94' OL or the 95" OL, but the lowest GPA was a 3.02 for starting OL. It was the OL that had all the different reads and blocking assignments based on the plays. Jamal Lord for crying out loud was a QB in the offense, and he was dumber than a box of rocks. How many true freshmen started on TO's offense? Frazier did, but wasn't the starter at the beginning of the year. TO didn't have that many starters on offense that were true freshman that I can remember.

I simply pointed out where your premise is flawed (grievously so). Don't get all hurt and start whining about it. If you don't want to have people point out flaws in your logic, then don't post. It's pretty simple.

Thing is my premise wasn't flawed...you just read it wrong. And not whining just trying to help you not be an ass your whole life. Quite simply I think you can take your opinions on my opinion and stick em up your ass. You might like that too much though.

Thing is my premise wasn't flawed...you just read it wrong. And not whining just trying to help you not be an ass your whole life. Quite simply I think you can take your opinions on my opinion and stick em up your ass. You might like that too much though.

Your warning level has been increased due to your personal attack above.

A second violation will result in a suspension. A third violation will result in a ban.

I will say that Watson doesn't really give compliments or evals, so I'm glad to hear him say some positive things.... Do you realize how bad of field positon we had at the Clemson game, just because of special teams?????? This team is going to suprise alot of people and hopefully we can suprise the big 12 even more.

I will say that Watson doesn't really give compliments or evals, so I'm glad to hear him say some positive things.... Do you realize how bad of field positon we had at the Clemson game, just because of special teams?????? This team is going to suprise alot of people and hopefully we can suprise the big 12 even more.

Agreed!