Coach Wats

All I know is that T.O. told all the coaches that one of the main reasons he was able to win championships was the retention of his assistant coaches. I love the coaches we have now, and my hope is that Watson would only leave for an offer from a big-time college.

Although some coaches find their comfort zone at a coordinator position, or at a particular school, I think it is safe to say Watson would love a shot at a head coaching gig... specifically some place middle to upper tier.

I honestly think we will take a hit when he leaves, but I have a feeling that coach Beck is going to learn a lot from Watson, and could potentially provide us with another O coordinator within the organization.

QB's under watson have a very long line of success, and that is no coincidence.... that is what will really hurt.

All I know is that T.O. told all the coaches that one of the main reasons he was able to win championships was the retention of his assistant coaches. I love the coaches we have now, and my hope is that Watson would only leave for an offer from a big-time college.

Watson will probably leave at some point, but it will only be for a HC gig at a university the caliber of Nebraska. I mean last season he turned down an offer for a lateral move to Alabama.

Watson will probably leave at some point, but it will only be for a HC gig at a university the caliber of Nebraska. I mean last season he turned down an offer for a lateral move to Alabama.

Refresh my memory, was it a O coordinator job or a QB coach offer?

offensive coordinator, but he'd be answering to nick satan. wats got a pay bump as an incentive to stay, but to be honest i wouldn't want to work in a nuthouse like alabama.

You might be the only person I know who would say that.

Watson would have left this past season had he gotten offered the NMSU job.

offensive coordinator, but he'd be answering to nick satan. wats got a pay bump as an incentive to stay, but to be honest i wouldn't want to work in a nuthouse like alabama.

Looking at Satan's record he will probably be gone in three years. The guy suffers from adult ADD. Which would leave an HC job open. I guess Watson is really true to the Huskers but will probably have to leave with a solid D-1 offer.

Looking at Satan's record he will probably be gone in three years. The guy suffers from adult ADD. Which would leave an HC job open. I guess Watson is really true to the Huskers but will probably have to leave with a solid D-1 offer.

Why didn't Watson get a HC job out of his dominant running game at CU and Big 12 title? His running game at NU is no where in the league of what CU had when they had Chris Brown and crew pounding the rock on folks.

Why didn't Watson get a HC job out of his dominant running game at CU and Big 12 title? His running game at NU is no where in the league of what CU had when they had Chris Brown and crew pounding the rock on folks.

watson gets the most out of what he's got. we aren't bare in so far as talent is concerned, but we're no USC either. as time goes on, i'm sure that'll change.

those 'rock-pounding' buff teams didn't happen over night. they worked six seasons to get it right before feeding nebraska their socks in boulder in '01. ask any buff fan and they'll tell you, "62-36!" it's that and a national championship that keeps them from reminding them how much the truly suck.

(and to any buff fans reading this post, i apologize for the fact that you really do suck.)

look, before bo ever knew, gary barnett, joey ganz and tom osborne already figured it out: watson is a good coach and he knows how to develop talent.

zach lee may be decent talent, but i'm certain he'll do good. i'm positive washington is being worked with right now as the back-up. and in the meantime, green and spano are taking notes and getting ready.

PEYBCALGNMUABCW.20071028050934.JPG

osborne knows. bo knows. now you do, too.