Early Lines are out! Nebraska by 20.

I wouldn't underestimate Florida Atlantic, though I am inclined to think that the game will probably be a rout.

Actually, Arkansas State will be a pretty tough game. I looked them over pretty closely since they will be beating the Iowa Hawkeyes the week after they play Nebraska (in which case they will then become my 3rd favorite team in the nation) and they have a pretty damn good team. QB can run and throw...two really good RB's (one is going for his 4th 1000 rushing season this year) and a couple of defensive players who are projected to be high NFL draft picks. These guys could end up being Troy reincarnated...

Frankly, that whole Sunbelt Conference is tougher than people give them credit for...and they don't seem to be afraid to take on the big boys.

Guess that's why Kansas refused to schedule anyone from the Sunbelt huh?

By the way...you click on Florida Atlantic stats link at the top of the page and you get the stats for Western Michigan (another team who beat Iowa thus being my 3rd favorite team in 2007). Hopefully the Hooty Owls or whatever they are called won't see that as a lack of respect....They might not be used to it like I am... <_<

I wouldn't underestimate Florida Atlantic, though I am inclined to think that the game will probably be a rout.

Actually, Arkansas State will be a pretty tough game. I looked them over pretty closely since they will be beating the Iowa Hawkeyes the week after they play Nebraska (in which case they will then become my 3rd favorite team in the nation) and they have a pretty damn good team. QB can run and throw...two really good RB's (one is going for his 4th 1000 rushing season this year) and a couple of defensive players who are projected to be high NFL draft picks. These guys could end up being Troy reincarnated...

Frankly, that whole Sunbelt Conference is tougher than people give them credit for...and they don't seem to be afraid to take on the big boys.

Guess that's why Kansas refused to schedule anyone from the Sunbelt huh?

By the way...you click on Florida Atlantic stats link at the top of the page and you get the stats for Western Michigan (another team who beat Iowa thus being my 3rd favorite team in 2007). Hopefully the Hooty Owls or whatever they are called won't see that as a lack of respect....They might not be used to it like I am... <_<

stAte is going to be a tough team. The Preseason favorites to win the Sunbelt is Troy, followed by FAU and stAte.

Thanks for the kind words on us and the confrence. We are slowly working our way up to respectability being a VERY young FBS confrence. I personally think we are ahead of the MAC and coming up quickly on CUSA, but we have to prove it this year.

As I said before I think well get our points and it might be closer then most Nebraska fans would like up unitl half time. 3rd and 4th quarter will be where you guys pull away IMHO.

Troy always manages to throw the fear of God into Nebraska and, as was stated before, either FLA or Ark State have a good chance of being better than Troy this year. They have the personnel (and, frankly, look to be a lot better than most of the MAC teams)...and State DID kick A&M's butt last year...for what it's worth.

I'm glad Iowa State doesn't play them. We'll probably be overmatched against ND State, Kent State and Army...let alone solid teams from the Sunbelt.

Where's Duke? Can we play Duke and maybe Furman or Northwestern State?????

Troy always manages to throw the fear of God into Nebraska and, as was stated before, either FLA or Ark State have a good chance of being better than Troy this year. They have the personnel (and, frankly, look to be a lot better than most of the MAC teams)...and State DID kick A&M's butt last year...for what it's worth.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Honestly, I think our game against #4 Texas (2007) was much more impressive than A&M.....even though we were screwed out of an on-side kick at the end....but hey, we got a nice apology from their officials the following Monday morning.

I believe both FAU and stAte will give you more than you expect. We're much better teams than we were 5 years ago.

Looking forward to the game.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Honestly, I think our game against #4 Texas (2007) was much more impressive than A&M.....even though we were screwed out of an on-side kick at the end....but hey, we got a nice apology from their officials the following Monday morning.

I believe both FAU and stAte will give you more than you expect. We're much better teams than we were 5 years ago.

Looking forward to the game.

Just don't get yourselves too banged up against the Huskers. I want you all nice and healthy so you can beat the living crap out of the Hawkeyes the following week. Feel free to look past Nebraska and start planning for that game immediately. Win at Iowa City and I'll send everyone a complementary Gene Chizek golden coin commemorating Gene's illustrious coaching career here in Ames. I think we still have a few hundred thousand of those laying around somewhere.... <_<

Just don't get yourselves too banged up against the Huskers.

QFT. If the Huskers are as fit as they're saying, we could be putting a serious hurt on some less-fit teams. We used to pummel people so badly in the 80s and 90s they'd be sore for two more games after we played. Kids got injured against us, too, and that always sucked.

Just don't get yourselves too banged up against the Huskers.

QFT. If the Huskers are as fit as they're saying, we could be putting a serious hurt on some less-fit teams. We used to pummel people so badly in the 80s and 90s they'd be sore for two more games after we played. Kids got injured against us, too, and that always sucked.

True...

I remember after every game against the Huskers, my pride was hurt so bad it was on life-support for months afterwards....luckily Kansas was giving some away back then so I just borrowed some of theirs. They didn't need it back then anyway....

Ok 20 is good. but the 60? First game with a new QB. It might be a little lower?

Pretty much what I'm thinking, too. I don't bet, but if I did, I think I'd plunk down $ on the under. If the over is achieved, I think it will mean the Husker defense isn't up to the challenge, and that would hurt my heart.

I think the first game is bound to be a little sloppy on both sides, so there could be some pick-sixes or blocked punts/kicks that will artificially inflate the score. I wouldn't touch the O/U to be honest. I might drop a little on Nebraska covering (but I don't bet on Nebraska games as a rule).