Ron Kellogg Jr. and Taylor Martinez

Apathy

Now lets discuss this case right here. After the news broke out about Kody Spano that he wasn't practicing and had a wrap around his knee I overheard listening to 1620 The Zone and heard Kevin Kugler say that both Ron Kellogg Jr. and Taylor Martinez were taking snaps.

Ron Kellogg Jr. is a walk on from Omaha Westside and led his team to the Class A State playoff game and who knows maybe he'll be a good player. Nebraska is also known for their excellent walk on program we know this and we've had a lot of great walk on players in the past and who knows maybe Ron Kellogg Jr. will be a good walk on QB.....I don't know

Taylor Martinez as everybody else knows was a 2008 Recruit from California and he was a dual threat QB we all know that. What we also know that Pelini was recruiting him as an athlete but also stated to Martinez that he would give the kid a shot at trying out at QB...I'm sure thats correct. Now its Taylor's turn to come out of the shadows and prove to Pelini that he can play QB now that Spano is out for the season and step up in the depth chart.

Both Washington and Green had a few weeks to learn the offense before the spring game and Washington played pretty well for learning the system in a few weeks and Green didn't do so good at first but took him a while to warm up and perform a little bit better as he took more reps.

Now could both Kellogg Jr. and Martinez pull a Washington/Green and learn the system quick in a short time frame? I'm not saying that Washington/Green know the system perfectly but they did perform decent in the spring game and surprised a lot of fans.

Thoughts???

My only addition on Kellogg, Jr is that he was MVP at the 2008 QB camp, also attended by Cody Green (still hampered at the time by his ankle injury). QB Camp MVP = same honors as our current QB verbal, Gabbert.

Here's an old article: http://www.journalstar.com/sports/football...19595d3f66.html

Nice pick up on that GotCarl. I believe that one of these QB's will surprise a lot of people in the next couple of weeks.

My only addition on Kellogg, Jr is that he was MVP at the 2008 QB camp, also attended by Cody Green (still hampered at the time by his ankle injury). QB Camp MVP = same honors as our current QB verbal, Gabbert.

Here's an old article: http://www.journalstar.com/sports/football...19595d3f66.html

Nice pick up on that GotCarl. I believe that one of these QB's will surprise a lot of people in the next couple of weeks.

Cody Green, Texas 4A finalist QB. His team lost semis in 07 to Lake Travis and Gilbert, then they advanced to finals and lost to Sulfur Springs and their QB. He is a very good talent that has played some of the best ball in Texas football.

Didn't Harrison Beck get the same award?

:dunno Maybe his momma demanded that he get it? :sarcasm

Barring an injury to Lee, I think we'd be fine with Washington at #2 and Green redshirting. Give Washington some credit!

But what if Lee gets KO'd 2/3rds of the way through the season? Could Washington handle the load by himself? Would you want to burn Green's redshirt at that point, or Martinez's for that matter?

Didn't Harrison Beck get the same award?

:dunno Maybe his momma demanded that he get it? :sarcasm

Maybe :dumdum

I'd give heaven and earth to keep an RS on Green. Unless LaTravis is a complete bust if Lee goes down, plan for the future, but not at the expense of the present. If Green is at a place where the coaches feel he can take the reigns of this team, then it might be that it's time to begin the Green era.

But let's be real. Pray that Lee stays healthy as a horse for the next six months.