Was Kody Spano rushed back from his first ACL tear?

It was kind of fast, but there have been huge advancements in ACL surgery in the last few years. Dennis Dixon recovered from an ACL tear very quickly as well.

And look at Zack Bowman. He seems to be doing okay these days.

Highly doubt he was "rushed back". Guys come back pretty fast from those knee injuries anymore.

I do feel badly for Kody though. This will likely put him behind Green for the rest of his career. Green will be the clear backup in 2010 and be in the drivers seat for the starting job in 2011 now.

Not trying to through anyone under the bus but I was really surprised how quickly Kody came back from his ACL injury this spring. I wonder if trying to get him ready too quickly had much to do with his latest tear this week.

Maybe he'll be ready again quickly this time around. I heard Bo say by winter conditioning he expects Kody to be ready to go.

Just for liability purposes alone, the University would not have allowed his athletic particpation without a full and unconditional release from the doctor.

Well, think of it this way ..

Most people require one week to two weeks of using crutches after surgery before they can even put weight on it. After that, it requires 6-10 weeks physical therapy before you are allowed to workout on your own to continue to build strength. Normally, it takes 9 months to get back from this surgery. However, some (but VERY few) have gotten back in 6 months.

Kody was able to get back to full contact drills in 3 months. I don't care how hard Kody worked his butt off, no way in he** he was ready in 3 months. Absolutely no way that kid was able to shave the absolute least in recovery time in half so he could be back playing.

Raise your hand if you are shocked this happened.

Anybody? Anybody?

Three months removed from ACL surgery and he was back practicing with the team this summer. :facepalm:

Since he was cleared by the doctors and the rest of the medical staff you've gotta give him the opportunity to play and contribute.

Shows over. Nothing more to see here.