What became of Pederson?

He was welcomed back with open arms. His visions there turned out.

He hired BC and that was his downfall here. He is a Nebraska boy that loved this University, Osborne trained, how it got so out of control for him is beyond me.

I personally do not like the man, I have met him several times. But he did a good job for most of the AD while here. I think there were other things involved in his leaving, not just the contract for BC.

He is doing well at Pitt, and has moved their programs forward.

I have no hate for what he did here. I think with time, a different DC his tenure may have turned out okay.

But water under the bridge, no tears that he is at Pitt and I wish him well.

Robsker, I get what you're saying and I'm not refuting that, but I would like to point out that college football is about 2x to 3x the money-maker that hoops is, and it's far more popular overall.

And yes, Pederson landed on his feet, in a place where he's happy and where he's had success. Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing except for maybe the fat check he cashed on the way out! :angry:

He was welcomed back with open arms. His visions there turned out.

He hired BC and that was his downfall here. He is a Nebraska boy that loved this University, Osborne trained, how it got so out of control for him is beyond me.

I personally do not like the man, I have met him several times. But he did a good job for most of the AD while here. I think there were other things involved in his leaving, not just the contract for BC.

He is doing well at Pitt, and has moved their programs forward.

I have no hate for what he did here. I think with time, a different DC his tenure may have turned out okay.

But water under the bridge, no tears that he is at Pitt and I wish him well.

He did upgrade the facilities big time, hired a pretty good BBall coach, supported VBall and Wrestling well, oh and left the Athletic Program in very good financial shape.

I think there's mixed feelings about Pedey across the landscape of NU athletics. From what I recall, several programs thought very well of him, including Volleyball, Basketball (both flavors) and the baseball team.

Aside from the one COLOSSAL failure regarding the football program, I think he was regarded well around the U.

The main reason he was fired was the morale of the Athletic Dept. People were walking on egg shells at work, brought in an outside consultant, ruined the "family" feel of the department

I think there's mixed feelings about Pedey across the landscape of NU athletics. From what I recall, several programs thought very well of him, including Volleyball, Basketball (both flavors) and the baseball team.

Aside from the one COLOSSAL failure regarding the football program, I think he was regarded well around the U.

The main reason he was fired was the morale of the Athletic Dept. People were walking on egg shells at work, brought in an outside consultant, ruined the "family" feel of the department

Yeah, I remember reading about that, but that doesn't mean he wasn't popular at one time, or with programs outside the front office. All I know is, there were some teams that weren't excited to see him go.

damnedest things happen when you think about it.

pederson leaves pitt and comes to nebraska. after what he sees as a lackluster 2k3 season, pederson fires solich and shuts bo out of the coaching job in favor of a professional coach.

dave wannstadt was one of his targets. wannstadt was also one of *many* people to turn peddy down cold.

pelini makes a stop at norman ("thanks, bob!" "anytime, bo!") and is hired by les miles at LSU. bo goes on to make the tiger d one of the nastiest of the SEC and becomes *THE* assistant coach every fanbase lusts for silently in their hearts.

meanwhile at nebraska, pederson hires callahan and goes on to have so-so success.

now, i won't bash callahan. i never disliked him and he did install a fairly decent offense. he also gave us cosgrove and ultimately i believe that this proved to be his undoing.

and i don't even dislike cosgrove. it's just that his mindset when it came to defense just didn't mesh with what the reality of what Big XII offenses were evolving into. cosgrove was teaching the nebraska d how to defend against nerf toys while leech, grundy and pinkel were arming their offensives with motherfawkin' cruise missles.

2k7 was breaking point for perlman and a lot of alumni. pederson is canned, osborne is hired and after a sucktacular season fires callahan.

osborne hires pelini as head coach, nebraskans have a collective bogasm followed by a 9-3 campaign.

in the meantime, pederson goes back to pitt... and who is waiting for him there as his football head coach?

dave wannstadt.

what does all this mean? absolutely nothing. it's just life and sometimes it leads you to the damnedest places sometimes.