Have you ever bet against Nebraska?

Of course I have, and typically I always won like 80% or more of the time. However, it was usually bowl games when TO was coach. Most of the time it was against teams from the state of Florida in bowl games.

I knew a guy in college who bet against Clemson every game. Why?

If Clemson won, he was happy.

If Clemson lost, he still made money, and was therefore happy.

Of course I have, and typically I always won like 80% or more of the time. However, it was usually bowl games when TO was coach. Most of the time it was against teams from the state of Florida in bowl games.

I knew a guy in college who bet against Clemson every game. Why?

If Clemson won, he was happy.

If Clemson lost, he still made money, and was therefore happy.

Not a bad strategy :laughpound, but to the OP no, I have not.

I have always said, "I don't even gamble because I am a Cornhusker fan, and it is the only team I care about...and I care about them so much I don't want any reason to be upset by them, i.e. covering some stupid spread or something...Since I only really care about the Skers, I don't need to bet on the Broncos or somebody else to enjoy my football weekends, cuz I put all my energy and effort and kinetic power into helping them win, it doesn't appeal to me to put money on the line for some team that I don't really care about."

in short---No.

Yes, I have... I have won and lost (have not kept track to date) I bet online every week. Won a little money last year after being up huge on non-conference games. Of note, I had USC v Ohio state last year (easy money)

I will not be betting Nebraska week 1 v FAU? why, 21.5 is a lot in my opinion with an untested QB and now the #2 RB missing from the team. I am 100% sure they will win but I like to watch the first week to gauge the teams.

it is good times to bet one games and adds a little more intrigue into the match up.

:cheers

To those that have, how do you enjoy the game?? I mean, what are you feeling during that time?

It is not smart to bet on "your team" to many emotions and you can screw yourself in many ways. I dont bet on Nebraska every week, just when I think the books have made a mistake. I try and fin the games that the books either value a team to much or not enough, (OSU last year was a good example- they sucked and didnt even belong on the same field as USC)

anyway- emotions can be described as a roller coaster, you are up when you score and down when the other team does something good. But when you know you have covered you get the feeling of pride and accomplishment. The move on the the next game and roll the dough on that game.

If you want my opinions on week 1-

Boise state should be able to cover but the spread is a little high more my taste -5.5 for boise, wait to see if it comes down a little next week then jump.

NC State at -4 is ok, would prefer 3 or 3.5 - again NC state is going to win IMO and should win by a lot but just to be safe I am waiting to make a move.

I like OSU v georgia- -6 for OSU so this is a wait and see game.

OU- is going to absolutely murder BYU- I have action on OU at -21

VT should also kill Alabama- those guys are overrated by the books. I will be getting action on that game as well.

for sh#ts and giggles- Texas -40 might also see some money from me.

To those that have, how do you enjoy the game?? I mean, what are you feeling during that time?

Considering I was against the Callafraud hire from the beginning I loved the bet and the game. In fact betting against NU during this "error" was the only way I could stomach what was happening on the field.

But weren't you more worried about putting $$ in your pocket than Callahan?