Shawn Watson #5 OC in the country

NUance

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR POWER RANKINGS

1. Kevin Wilson, Oklahoma

BUZZ: He oversaw an offense that scored a record number of points last season, and he has his quarterback, two 1,000-yard running backs and the best tight end in the nation returning this season.

2. Galen Hall, Penn State

BUZZ: Hall is a veteran assistant who has seen it all. He deserves kudos for helping Joe Paterno ? his college coach, by the way ? see the light and upgrading the Nittany Lions' offense the past few seasons.

3. Gary Crowton, LSU

BUZZ: He has a long track record of success, and it was his offense that led the way when the Tigers won the national title in 2007.

4. Norm Chow, UCLA

BUZZ: Here's another guy with a long track record. Don't hold last season's inept Bruins offense against him. An offensive staff of Bill Walsh, Sid Gillman and Don Coryell couldn't have done anything with what Chow had to work with.

5. Shawn Watson, Nebraska

BUZZ: He's underrated nationally and has overseen some potent units of late. It wasn't bad offenses that got Bill Callahan run out of Lincoln.

Rivals link

BUZZ: He oversaw an offense that scored a record number of points last season, and he has his quarterback, two 1,000-yard running backs and the best tight end in the nation returning this season.

BUZZ: Hall is a veteran assistant who has seen it all. He deserves kudos for helping Joe Paterno ? his college coach, by the way ? see the light and upgrading the Nittany Lions' offense the past few seasons.

3. Gary Crowton, LSU

BUZZ: He has a long track record of success, and it was his offense that led the way when the Tigers won the national title in 2007.

4. Norm Chow, UCLA

BUZZ: Here's another guy with a long track record. Don't hold last season's inept Bruins offense against him. An offensive staff of Bill Walsh, Sid Gillman and Don Coryell couldn't have done anything with what Chow had to work with.

BUZZ: He's underrated nationally and has overseen some potent units of late. It wasn't bad offenses that got Bill Callahan run out of Lincoln.

Rivals link

:bs:

3. Gary Crowton, LSU

4. Norm Chow, UCLA

Rivals link

Thats great company. I think Watson is a brilliant coach that was just over shadowed by the ignorance of callahan. I was very surprised he didn't become a HC after last season. I am curious to which job he is looking at. I do not know what college he went to but I wonder if he's waiting on the aTm job, it will probably open up after this year.

3. Gary Crowton, LSU

4. Norm Chow, UCLA

Rivals link

Thats great company. I think Watson is a brilliant coach that was just over shadowed by the ignorance of callahan. I was very surprised he didn't become a HC after last season. I am curious to which job he is looking at. I do not know what college he went to but I wonder if he's waiting on the aTm job, it will probably open up after this year.

Yeah that would be the kiss of death for his tenure here I think. That job would be very hard to pass up. I just hope he stays through 2010, but I don't get a good feeling about it.

3. Gary Crowton, LSU

4. Norm Chow, UCLA

Rivals link

Just so everyone is clear, my :bs: was for the comment that the LSU offense is what led them to the MNC in '07, not that Watson doesn't deserve this list. He does, Nick Saban is generally a good judge of talent.

Not the most loyal employee, ole Mr. Saban, but nevertheless........

He has already said that he wants to be a Head Coach and that BO knows that. I just hope we can keep him around for a few more and maybe another NC. That may be stretching it though.

What he said.