Red field turf in Memorial Stadium

mcintyre1

Just curious, why are you guys so against it? Tradition?

I just think it would* make our stadium that much more unique.

Edit: *corrected my tense.

First, I'm against it because I think it's a horrible idea. We already have the Sea of Red in the stands, but a red turf would just be too much red. Plus I really don't think the majority of the fans would like it.

Second, wikipedia is not a valid source for any sort of formal information. It's ok to get a general idea from it, but not base an argument off of it. However, I myself tried to find information on it and found nothing, so it's possible that it may be true. However, if it weren't a rule, teams would know about it and you'd think that there would be more than just 1 team out of the hundreds of college football teams in the nation (including other divisions) that would color their turfs differently.

I used to feel this way...But after seeing your sig pic all these months, I've grown to get more used to it.

SeaofRed.jpg

Funny...The Bluegrass? smurfturf looked like it needed to be cut tonight.

And I'm surprised Boise State does not lead the nation in interceptions when they camouflage themselves with their all blue uni's..I seem to remember bringing this up last year after seeing Boise State play on TV about us wearing all red Uni's and putting in a red turf.

Someday, we should be able to put in "Mood-Turf".

Changes colours dependant on momentum or general crowd mood.

Just have to hope we never play host to the Yuma Screaming IGUANAS!

Or some of us get too close to the cheerleaders. :wub::bounce:leghump:

Mistaking it for water, birds have flown into the blue turf.

This has never been confirmed. In 2007, Broncos coach Chris Petersen claimed to have found a dead duck on the field, though it is unclear whether or not the duck had mistaken the turf for water.[12]

That is hilarious!