Green the starter by Conference time?

Billyball

not to attack, but why would you think that after the great game that zac lee played yesterday?

No sh#t! where you watching the same game I was? Sure Green looked the part, (other than some confusion reading his play sheet) but Zac Lee kicked ass last night! I can't even begin to understand how some people could watch that game and think Lee was on a ticking clock. Lee is our guy, end of discussion!

not to attack, but why would you think that after the great game that zac lee played yesterday?

I don't take it as an "attack". I just posed the question Opinions of Big Red fans are like noses--everyone has one and the coaches will make the decisions without considering any half baked fan comments.

But my thinking is that we had a scrimmage yesterday against a very very weak team. Further I believe that our passing attack will not be near that of last season with Ganz and his senior recievers. If I am right teams will key on our running game and shut it down. I don't believe we will beat good teams with our passing attack.

With Green, assuming he gets more time and proves himself capable or Lee doesn't prove me wrong and win games against tough opponents, teams will have a very much tougher time shutting down the running game. There is a very dangerous QB with designed running plays. It opens up the option play and also reverses to keep a defense off balance. Play action passes should then open up.

I could be wrong but assuming he can assimilate the offense, Green will be much more likely to compete with teams like VT, Misery, Oklahoma and KU. Time will tell.

I am in no way disrespecting Zac and feel there is a good chance he will prove me wrong. However I believe there is an equal chance when we actually have a worthy opponent, Green will be a better option.

The bottom line is the coaching staff feels Lee is way ahead and Lee had a good game against FAU. His efficiency would have been even better if not for the drops. It's not like Lee can't run. In fact, we saw him with decent speed when he needed it and what I thought was very good pocket awareness (stepping up to avoid the outside rusher on a couple occasions without taking his eyes off his receivers down field).

Sorry, but there's just no reason to think Green will take over the starting spot based on this game. Green obviously has lots of potential, but when you couple the confidence the coaching staff has in Lee with what we saw last night, Green will continue to be #2 (as it should be).

I don't take it as an "attack". I just posed the question Opinions of Big Red fans are like noses--everyone has one and the coaches will make the decisions without considering any half baked fan comments.

But my thinking is that we had a scrimmage yesterday against a very very weak team. Further I believe that our passing attack will not be near that of last season with Ganz and his senior recievers. If I am right teams will key on our running game and shut it down. I don't believe we will beat good teams with our passing attack.

With Green, assuming he gets more time and proves himself capable or Lee doesn't prove me wrong and win games against tough opponents, teams will have a very much tougher time shutting down the running game. There is a very dangerous QB with designed running plays. It opens up the option play and also reverses to keep a defense off balance. Play action passes should then open up.

I could be wrong but assuming he can assimilate the offense, Green will be much more likely to compete with teams like VT, Misery, Oklahoma and KU. Time will tell.

I am in no way disrespecting Zac and feel there is a good chance he will prove me wrong. However I believe there is an equal chance when we actually have a worthy opponent, Green will be a better option.

Lee guided the Huskers to 42-3 lead before handing over the huddle to Green who went 2-3 for 18 yrds, but did have a very nice run by the sounds of it. (i didnt get to watch the game, had to listen to it on the computer) against the very same team that you said was very very weak.

Turner Gill and Tommy Frazier both came on to start during their freshman year so anything is possible but barring any injury, i am happy with Lee and excited about him and cant wait to see him play each week, as his confidence keeps building and he gets better and better

Leave it to us Husker fans to be ready to run Lee out as starter and put in Green after 1 game, 1 game in which Lee played pretty damn good to boot. Do you want Burkhead to start at I-back also? Come on, let's at least wait until Lee plays an awful game before you start stirring turds and want a changing of the guard.

Go Big Red!

Leave it to us Husker fans to be ready to run Lee out as starter and put in Green after 1 game, 1 game in which Lee played pretty damn good to boot. Do you want Burkhead to start at I-back also? Come on, let's at least wait until Lee plays an awful game before you start stirring turds and want a changing of the guard.

Go Big Red!

Thanks you. This Green fetish is getting DAM OLD! Our offense was as vanilla as they come and Lee made it work just fine. Lee can run dam good to. He'll show it.