Colorado Sucks

Hawkins is gone. Colorado State and Now Toledo? Toledo?

Didn't Toledo get blown out by Purdue last week? Gave up over 200 yards rushing to Purdue, but I guess that stable of CU running backs is finding the going a little tougher.

It's a shame CU is in the same conference because I'd expect a number of transfers and conference rules stipulate a 2 year layoff for intra-conference transfer. Not that I'd be interested in anyone from their secondary.

Oh BTW, Okie State has already stolen the first guy:

Oklahoma State has gained a commitment for the Class of 2010 in Zack Craig, a 6-foot-2, 175-pound safety from Smithson Valley High School (Spring Branch, Texas).

Craig, who decommitted from Colorado, was also sought by Colorado State.

I wouldn't mind taking Danny Spond. Recruit him as an athlete with the potential to move him LB or QB.

video

either way this is going to be Hawkins last year if he doesn't put something together down the road. CU looked slow against Toledo. They were sluggish. Dare I say it but if they keep playing like this and don't beat Wyoming they may not win a game this year.

Hawkins is gone. Colorado State and Now Toledo? Toledo?

Didn't Toledo get blown out by Purdue last week? Gave up over 200 yards rushing to Purdue, but I guess that stable of CU running backs is finding the going a little tougher.

It's a shame CU is in the same conference because I'd expect a number of transfers and conference rules stipulate a 2 year layoff for intra-conference transfer. Not that I'd be interested in anyone from their secondary.

Oh BTW, Okie State has already stolen the first guy:

Oklahoma State has gained a commitment for the Class of 2010 in Zack Craig, a 6-foot-2, 175-pound safety from Smithson Valley High School (Spring Branch, Texas).

Craig, who decommitted from Colorado, was also sought by Colorado State.

Why doesn't it surprize me that Oklahoma State gets this decommit. Those guys are having an amazing recruiting year. Even as we improve we might still be the fourth best school in the whole Big 12 ... and actually maybe the 5th or 6th best team if you want to throw Mizzou or Kansas in there. Pretty amazing how far these other schools have come.

SheepdogMark

Why doesn't it surprize me that Oklahoma State gets this decommit. Those guys are having an amazing recruiting year. Even as we improve we might still be the fourth best school in the whole Big 12 ... and actually maybe the 5th or 6th best team if you want to throw Mizzou or Kansas in there. Pretty amazing how far these other schools have come.

SheepdogMark

Think about how good the big 12 would be if KSU, Colorado, and Iowa State had made the right hires a few years ago. The days of cupcakes in conference is rapidly departing (though I'm not sure how Colorado gets out of this mess).

On the message board at cubuffs.net, the posters showed Hawkins no mercy. The comments were brutal:

• "How do I schedule the Buffs for my son's Homecoming (they need a win)?

• "Hawk makes Neuheisel look like Vince Lombardi."

• "Have we reached the Fairbanks era where this is a complete rebuild?"