Has Nebraska has earned a move up in polls?

Twodocs

FAU was a good showing a bowl team but will they have enough gravitas to give the Huskers a boost in the polls? And do you think that Missouri will break into the top 25? There should be a big shake up and where NU lands will help develop some momentum and tv games down the road! Or have we lost that much respect that we barely climb?

This is a tough call. I mean if you look at who won/who lost in the top 25 this week, there really isn't a whole lot of potential for Nebraska to break the top 20 in the AP poll this week. A few teams were almost upset (i.e. Ohio St. and Iowa) but were still able to hang on for a win.

If Nebraska moves up at all this week, it will probably only be a couple spots and we'll linger in the lower 20's in the AP. In the coaches Poll we are ranked 22, so it is possible we could get 20 or 19 in that poll.

We might get at one spot. Iowa will drop out after the fiasco vs Northern Iowa. But, BYU is going to springboard past us, and only VT and Oregon were ranked higher than us and lost, so unless FSU loses tonight, there wont be much movement room yet

I think BYU was ranked #20 going into that game, so they are already ahead of us.

I don't know how much they'll move up though, to be honest. I'll be honestly surprised if they go anywhere below 15. It is too hard for me to say that a BYU team (that pretty much only beat Oklahoma because Bradford was out) is one of the top 15 teams in the nation.

Ya they were ranked 20th before, but I don't think they'll move up 6 spots. I think voters will probably look at it and realize they won by 1 point and OU was without their starting, heisman winner at qb. Yes it was a good win and they were hanging with them even before Bradford got hurt but they still only won by 1 point. I think NU will move up maybe one at most two with KU probably doing the same. I would think Iowa would drop out and I would hope Utah will fall since they had a pretty close game against Utah St. We all know Notre Dame will move up to 15 with their dominating win over an unranked team.